Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

Installed on my 2014 Silverado LT

Really recommend the upgrade for sure, the upgraded hmi2.5 is faster, Apple carplay also a ????????  and the Denali Cluster makes for a major upgrade to the dash look!! Really recommend the hmi2.5 With navigation because u can also use the navigation on the Denali Cluster might aswell do it right and go all in the first time. (Unlocking the hmi also allows for you to watch movies while driving ?????? Last photo) 

6B6401AF-6230-4AB5-BF4F-8EC6195C41C0.jpeg

41653E06-4E85-453F-AFF6-40C5BA9F41D3.jpeg

432FA986-DB6D-4251-BC6A-82A9386443BE.jpeg

3F82EE47-AAA1-49B5-B600-D212A5437FA6.jpeg

Edited by Frankielozano214
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, cbrsilv15 said:

If your streaming music from your phone, you can’t skip tracks with the steering wheel controls either. Once it’s programmed, it’ll work 100%. 

I was able to skip tracks on Pandora today. I also discovered hey Siri works. I don’t have an Android phone or other streaming apps, so my experience is limited at this point. 

Edited by clemsonteg

5 minutes ago, Dan Martin said:

Anyone have a good link for Denali instrument clusters, other than WAMS or Coastal? I’m looking for a used 2017 and just have it reprogrammed. I may have missed some of the other links.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a bit cumbersome to find exactly what you're looking for, but car-part.com is where I found mine and the price with shipping was very reasonable compared to other sources.

2 minutes ago, Dan Martin said:

Okay cool Thanks! I’ve been looking high and low and everything out there seems to be anything but 16

If you need any tips on searching let me know.  It's a bit of a pain because you have to call around to the junk yards to get solid info once you do find the right part, but I found one pretty quick and got a good deal on it.

24 minutes ago, Kyle Griffith said:

If you need any tips on searching let me know.  It's a bit of a pain because you have to call around to the junk yards to get solid info once you do find the right part, but I found one pretty quick and got a good deal on it.

And not a one on there ??‍♂️

28 minutes ago, Dan Martin said:

And not a one on there ??‍♂️

Huh.  That's weird.  I know I did have to mess around with years and interchange/non-interchange before I found the right thing.  I searched trucks as well as the SUVs.  Maybe there just aren't any now, but there were tons when I got mine.  I went with a '16 Denali cluster 23407872 for my 2015 Yukon.  It would be nice if you could simply search by part number on car-part.com but I'm not aware of a way to do so.

Okay, so I have an Android phone. I was hoping to figure a way to add YouTube to the head unit or modules. Or Add it to the car play when I decide to go ahead and move forward with that upgrade. . Reason being is I noticed that YouTube and using an aux cord or just Bluetooth and YouTube provides a considerably higher volume output with more clarity IE more bass and clear vocals.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, Snowcamo said:

Okay, so I have an Android phone. I was hoping to figure a way to add YouTube to the head unit or modules. Or Add it to the car play when I decide to go ahead and move forward with that upgrade. . Reason being is I noticed that YouTube and using an aux cord or just Bluetooth and YouTube provides a considerably higher volume output with more clarity IE more bass and clear vocals.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Android Auto has significantly more options available since you can download open source apps. You would likely be able to run YT with a widely available app. 

• Like 1