Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

Got everything back from WAMS.  Just waiting the usb hub to come, sadly from China.    

Can I hook my new modules and run the system without the hub?  Obviously CarPlay wont work, but everything is will right?

1 hour ago, heiner921 said:

Got everything back from WAMS.  Just waiting the usb hub to come, sadly from China.    

Can I hook my new modules and run the system without the hub?  Obviously CarPlay wont work, but everything is will right?

Correct, just won’t be able to use carplay til u have the newer usb hub installed 

What's the wire/connector for on the radio module?  Hardly even touched it and it broke.
20200320_155238.thumb.jpg.f560787e945119a9e39dd023a6eb486e.jpg

That’s for XM radio some of those connectors do seem to get pretty brittle for some reason could be heat cycling.

8 hours ago, heiner921 said:

Is there a market for the 2.0 module and radio module? Or is it best to keep them as a backup?

20200320_164259.jpg

Yep you absolutely can sell them on eBay. I always recommend my customers do it if they want to make the cost of the upgrade to Carplay/AA even more affordable :)

15 hours ago, th3magpi3 said:

Yep you absolutely can sell them on eBay. I always recommend my customers do it if they want to make the cost of the upgrade to Carplay/AA even more affordable :)

What are mine worth on Ebay?

Hey I currently have the 4 inch screen, and I believe the 2.0 module it does have my Chevy link. I want to upgrade to the 8 inch screen, and apple carplay, ( I don’t care really much navigation or xm radio ) wouldn’t apple car play have the MAPS option when you plug in your phone? 

But to the main question can I just get stuff like the 8 inch screen and module etc off eBay or a wrecked truck and send it the WAMS to program? 
And also If anyone can please list the parts I need for this big project please it will come in handy very much, thanks to you all hope y’all stay safe.