Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

2 minutes ago, bowtiemark said:

I just install the upgrade from a 4 inch screen to Apple carplay 8 inch screen, first week or two it works amazing! After that the screen itself begins to go to a different page it self. Now this morning the screen itself does not work anymore. Not to sure if anyone knows about this problem. I bought the screen from a eBay part seller I believe it came from a total truck. It does have a 60 day warranty. I try to recalibrate the screen and nothing works. 

Hey man. I would absolutely check your LVDS connections (blue USB on HMI, black USB on screen) as well as the black connector on the back of the 8 inch screen as that is what's responsible for the LIN bus communication for touching the screen. 

6 minutes ago, th3magpi3 said:

Hey man. I would absolutely check your LVDS connections (blue USB on HMI, black USB on screen) as well as the black connector on the back of the 8 inch screen as that is what's responsible for the LIN bus communication for touching the screen. 

Ok so check if any connections are not on right. The rest of the controls work but the screen itself doesn’t sense any touch. The eBay seller had a warranty should I try and get another screen? 

Ok so check if any connections are not on right. The rest of the controls work but the screen itself doesn’t sense any touch. The eBay seller had a warranty should I try and get another screen? 
Do the volume knobs work? There are 2 Lin bus connections on the square connector on the back of the screen. One is responsible for the audio volume knobs and button controls and one is responsible for the touch screen. If the volume and buttons are working then there's an issue with the touch screen Lin connection. Try reseating that connector and seeing if the touch screen starts functioning again. The fact that it was working for a few weeks tells me it could be not seated properly.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, th3magpi3 said:

Do the volume knobs work? There are 2 Lin bus connections on the square connector on the back of the screen. One is responsible for the audio volume knobs and button controls and one is responsible for the touch screen. If the volume and buttons are working then there's an issue with the touch screen Lin connection. Try reseating that connector and seeing if the touch screen starts functioning again. The fact that it was working for a few weeks tells me it could be not seated properly.

Yes the knobs work fine, that is how I been controlling the screen, the screen it self seems not to getting any demands 

1 hour ago, bowtiemark said:

I just install the upgrade from a 4 inch screen to Apple carplay 8 inch screen, first week or two it works amazing! After that the screen itself begins to go to a different page it self. Now this morning the screen itself does not work anymore. Not to sure if anyone knows about this problem. I bought the screen from a eBay part seller I believe it came from a total truck. It does have a 60 day warranty. I try to recalibrate the screen and nothing works. 

I have a screen if needed HMU 

Yes the knobs work fine, that is how I been controlling the screen, the screen it self seems not to getting any demands 
Re seat the square connector on the back of the screen. Unplug it and plug it back in. Ensure all wires are firmly pressed into their connector and see if the issue persists.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

I read through the first couple dozen pages on this. I have a shortage 2016 2.0. From what I am reading all I need is the 2.5 module and have it programmed to the truck. Is that a correct assumption?

Hey all,

I read through the first couple dozen pages on this. I have a shortage 2016 2.0. From what I am reading all I need is the 2.5 module and have it programmed to the truck. Is that a correct assumption?

Here, you will find the most up to date and accurate info on this upgrade. Even though it says 2014-2015.5, since you have the leftover 2.0 HMI in your 2016, this would apply to you.

https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/2014-2015-5-c-k-platform-car-play-upgrade-retrofit-programming/

If you have the newer USB hubs, you may not need to swap those out. But the HMI and Radio Module you will for sure.

EDIT: Since your truck is 2016, this is the correct link. https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/2016-android-auto-car-play-upgrade-retrofit/

You can select to have them provide the hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, pgamboa said:

Here, you will find the most up to date and accurate info on this upgrade. Even though it says 2014-2015.5, since you have the leftover 2.0 HMI in your 2016, this would apply to you.

https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/2014-2015-5-c-k-platform-car-play-upgrade-retrofit-programming/

If you have the newer USB hubs, you may not need to swap those out. But the HMI and Radio Module you will for sure.

EDIT: Since your truck is 2016, this is the correct link. https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/2016-android-auto-car-play-upgrade-retrofit/

You can select to have them provide the hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might want to do a bit more research. Not saying you're wrong but I've done plenty of swaps for people who have the 2016's and only the HMI is needed to be programmed. The radio does not need to be touched. 

If @Goinovr has any more questions he can also reach out to us at Coastal Flash and we'd be happy to assist.

2 hours ago, th3magpi3 said:

Might want to do a bit more research. Not saying you're wrong but I've done plenty of swaps for people who have the 2016's and only the HMI is needed to be programmed. The radio does not need to be touched. 

If @Goinovr has any more questions he can also reach out to us at Coastal Flash and we'd be happy to assist.

Yep.  I did update my post with the EDIT.  I was helping few others with this and missed the 2016 mention in my response.  

33 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Yep.  I did update my post with the EDIT.  I was helping few others with this and missed the 2016 mention in my response.  

No stress. Just figured I'd point it out that if it's a 2016 you don't need the radio done. Just the HMI. 

Hey all,

I just came across this thread whilst looking to add car play to my 2015 Silverado. I know I have to replace the modules and what not but what are the part numbers and where did you guys find them? Also, do I need to get them flashed for my VIN? 

Hey all,

I just came across this thread whilst looking to add car play to my 2015 Silverado. I know I have to replace the modules and what not but what are the part numbers and where did you guys find them? Also, do I need to get them flashed for my VIN? 

You can find a list of hardware on our website and yes they do need to be programmed for your specific application.

www.whiteautoandmedia.com :)

1 minute ago, bradman0087 said:

will be ordering the HMI swap this month for my 2015 GMC.  Is it worth the extra money to get the navigation?

I ditched the built in navigation and don't miss it at all. Google maps is much better so I didn't see any point in having both.