Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

I have been in a beta 13.0 test for almost 2 months and the new CarPlay is wonderful.  Best feature is now when you do something on your phone, your screen does not change.

Didn't even realize that, Frank but that's an awesome feature. I hated selecting a new app on the phone and carplay closing my music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, th3magpi3 said:

Just wanted to remind you iPhone users to update to IOS 13! It's a totally new skin for carplay and looks great!

34df6fb214cab5c3388d2f0f11d0fa4d.jpg

f455dea0801f6059e84bb81297208a30.jpg

e459803b916cb6cfaf091e3ee1b5bfab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do the CarPlay maps show up on the Denali cluster with ios13? I read online that ios13 allows this to happen. 

I have upgraded to the ACP in my 2015 Silverado LTZ. After the upgrade has anyone lost the icons (Triangle with exclamation) that pop up when in reverse on camera screen for obstacles? It still beeps and/ or the seat vibrates but I have no alerts that shows up for obstacles. Yes I have checked the settings. PLEASE HELP @th3magpi3

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SailorX said:

I have upgraded to the ACP in my 2015 Silverado LTZ. After the upgrade has anyone lost the icons (Triangle with exclamation) that pop up when in reverse on camera screen for obstacles? It still beeps and/ or the seat vibrates but I have no alerts that shows up for obstacles. Yes I have checked the settings. PLEASE HELP @th3magpi3

Hmm. Never heard of that one.. and I've had some weird stuff happen to me with my upgrade. You would have ripped it all out.  Cause I was ready to.  lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an 104 radio in my 2015 Silverado, which I also just bough an 8" display, thinking it would just be a swap form the 4" to the new 8". After some more research I found that I need to have the HMI programed for the 8" to work. I contacted MVI and WAMS, both companies that do the reprogramming. WAMS was more open to answering my questions but stared to give me conflicting info. Can anyone recommend another company. I did not like how MVI just became non responsive when I started to ask questions.