Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

7 hours ago, That Brown Chevy said:

Just want to let you guys know that I have recently had my 2014 LT HMI upgraded from 2.0 to 2.5 and Th3magpi3 did it for me. He answered all of my questions and flashed both of my modules for a very affordable price. Everything works flawlessly and he had it back to me in no time. If y’all are thinking about getting some upgrades I’d definitely recommend his work!

yeah, hes been great to deal with ?

• Like 1

Ok... I found a new issue today..

Everything has been working flawlessly so far. I have the 2.5 upgrade with pretty much all the extras from WAMS.   I have the cord for AA to my phone, a headphone to composite adapter (red and white plugs) for audio for my blueray player, and the power wire for my dash camera, all plugged into the usb in the center console. Its been working wit no issues at all. Until today. I got a new battery for my old school ipod classic 80gb.  I removed the power wire for my dash cam to plug the ipod in.  It doesnt want to recognize my ipod. I then unplugged it. Moved it to the other usp port where the cord for AA was. Still didnt connect. Then the icon for AA wouldnt go out when it was unplugged.  I actually had to turn the truck off and power it back up with everything hooked up as before without the ipod. 

Anyone else have issues with having AA and having an IPOD hooked up at the same time?  For now, the ipod will not be going back into the truck..

18 hours ago, RACERX7775 said:

Ok... I found a new issue today..

Everything has been working flawlessly so far. I have the 2.5 upgrade with pretty much all the extras from WAMS.   I have the cord for AA to my phone, a headphone to composite adapter (red and white plugs) for audio for my blueray player, and the power wire for my dash camera, all plugged into the usb in the center console. Its been working wit no issues at all. Until today. I got a new battery for my old school ipod classic 80gb.  I removed the power wire for my dash cam to plug the ipod in.  It doesnt want to recognize my ipod. I then unplugged it. Moved it to the other usp port where the cord for AA was. Still didnt connect. Then the icon for AA wouldnt go out when it was unplugged.  I actually had to turn the truck off and power it back up with everything hooked up as before without the ipod. 

Anyone else have issues with having AA and having an IPOD hooked up at the same time?  For now, the ipod will not be going back into the truck..

I had a similar issue with My custom 500gb Ipod classic .

I thought it was cause I modified my ipod classic to 500gb .

tried a bunch of stuff even restarting the truck , It ended up

being the Ipod cable . Now the weird part is the cable worked 

fine in my BMW & Cadillac , also my home computer  . Anyway

I purchased an OEM Authentic Apple cable & it's working fine .

The other cable was a knockoff I purchased from Amazon ...

Hope this helps ...

Edited by PAPER

Hey guys, reading through this thread still, lot to digest. Have a 2014 Silverado LTZ with Bose no Navigation. Really want CarPlay.

Looks like Id need the HMI upgrade, screen and USB minimum plus programming. Do I need the Denali cluster as well?

Anyone know the part numbers I would need to acquire, or a cost if source it all from a vendor?

You need an hdmi, radio module, usb, and programming.. You already have the 8" screen right? The Denali cluster is another nice upgrade but not needed. Its basically a totally separate upgrade. The hmi without nav are easy and cheap to find. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jrob56 said:

Hey guys, reading through this thread still, lot to digest. Have a 2014 Silverado LTZ with Bose no Navigation. Really want CarPlay.

Looks like Id need the HMI upgrade, screen and USB minimum plus programming. Do I need the Denali cluster as well?

Anyone know the part numbers I would need to acquire, or a cost if source it all from a vendor?

If you have an 8" screen you can scratch that off your list. Basically the minimum in our world is HMI, Radio and USB hub. You don't NEED the Denali cluster but it helps if you want the full OEM car play experience as it was designed to use the steering wheel controls for voice commands. We have a part number listing on our website under that service for both items. Generally for the car play upgrade most of our customers that go non-nav are under $400 Out the door. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GTPprix said:

If you have an 8" screen you can scratch that off your list. Basically the minimum in our world is HMI, Radio and USB hub. You don't NEED the Denali cluster but it helps if you want the full OEM car play experience as it was designed to use the steering wheel controls for voice commands. We have a part number listing on our website under that service for both items. Generally for the car play upgrade most of our customers that go non-nav are under $400 Out the door. 

Thanks, thats me sourcing my own parts, right? If Im reading the site correctly, I would need one from each list below? What part number do I need for the USB hub or is the one I have good, like the 8" screen?

HMI (Human Machine Interface):

North American Spec Non-Navigation (OnStar Nav RPO IO5)

Radio Modules (Includes HD Radio):

Premium Audio (BOSE RPO UQA, UQH or UQS)

The Denali part number page is a lot to decipher, but to match I think it would be one from this list? I could do this later it sounds like though if I wanted the voice commands.

2016 GAS US SPEC - DENALI STYLE LARGE DISPLAY BLUE/GREEN LIGHTING FOR CHEVY (SILVERADO/TAHOE/SUBURBAN ETC)

5a7073b0e6e31_2016DenaliStyleBLUEGREEN.JPG.477857a7fd3546312e9ebb0c8e5694ce.JPG

Edited by jrob56

Thanks, thats me sourcing my own parts, right? If Im reading the site correctly, I would need one from each list below? What part number do I need for the USB hub or is the one I have good, like the 8" screen?

HMI (Human Machine Interface):
North American Spec Non-Navigation (OnStar Nav RPO IO5)

Radio Modules (Includes HD Radio):
Premium Audio (BOSE RPO UQA, UQH or UQS)

The Denali part number page is a lot to decipher, but to match I think it would be one from this list? I could do this later it sounds like though if I wanted the voice commands.

2016 GAS US SPEC - DENALI STYLE LARGE DISPLAY BLUE/GREEN LIGHTING FOR CHEVY (SILVERADO/TAHOE/SUBURBAN ETC)

5a7073b0e6e31_2016DenaliStyleBLUEGREEN.JPG.477857a7fd3546312e9ebb0c8e5694ce.JPG

Drop us a line from our website and we will go over all of the items and get you the info you need :) you’re on the right path!
  • Thanks 1

I have two sets of hmi2.5 with navigation and radio module “Bose equipped” for sell with 8in screen with digital AC buttons 325$ each set and 275$ for cluster plus shipping 

one from a 2016 and one form a 2018 also have a Denali Cluster with the one from the 2018 would like to sell as a set, It is really nice setup I know I love my setup in my 2014 Silverado LT Crew Cab thanks to @GTPprix 

412ADE6E-A3D0-459E-A6EB-E4B4D4E8C882.jpeg

Edited by Frankielozano214

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished up the 2.5 HMI/radio/usb upgrade in my 2015 to add Android Auto, Car Play, and the in motion unlocks through @GTPprix at WAMS. The process was straight forward and easy and the results are awesome. Highly recommend doing. I did run into a hiccup on the factory nav calibration afterward but all ended up ok and WAMS was very, very fast to respond and help out.

Now to start sourcing an instrument cluster to finish the upgrade completely.

• Like 1

So question about this upgrade.  I tried to swap the newer sharkfin antenna onto my 2014 and got a “check xm antenna” error.  This seems like a 2014 issue.  

Im wondering if I did the 2.5 HMI upgrade for Car Play if it would also correct the antenna error as an added benefit.  

Thanks

So I have couple modules for sell if y’all are interested 

Please verify that the parts are what your vehicle needs and will work before purchasing thanks . Selling as a set will not split up sorry  and you will need to have the hmi and radio module programmed before installing to work with your vehicle HMU for prices

•Hmi2.5 with Navi PN#84028492

•Radio Module PN#23402903 

•8in screen with Digital AC buttons “Chevy Blue”

also selling this radio module 

•Radio module Bose equipped PN#84222871

•2016 “red” GAS DENALI CLUSTER PN#23407872

8E5D2E1B-19C3-438A-8A0D-F544A5FEEFE2.thumb.jpeg.b450a0d58696a2045345877d7ed82e80.jpegECBDBFB1-0A2C-4D0D-9D17-1A32E605C6D0.thumb.jpeg.cd2a31ad3250e6c771663bea8113ae1a.jpegC965BA68-448F-42BE-8D5A-A8EB010887F7.thumb.jpeg.4b35e559796d55fc559de97dbb664ea1.jpeg96A7D207-A7E2-4353-BAE0-25ACA76FE166.thumb.jpeg.598e1209f4c09f5ad69982f7c5224e4c.jpegB9D6892F-448C-4D69-A8F5-09165EBFADFB.thumb.jpeg.2eb69a33bfa1a5f0e1bb47f260a736cc.jpeg

• Like 1