GM Rolls Out New Adverts For Silverado and Sierra - Which One Appeals To You?

Gorehamj

Boys and Girls they are marketing a lifestyle not a truck. You could insert any truck into all but the OP's and tell the same story. The OP's is selling a tailgate. Wonder what a commercial selling a truck looks like? :smash:

• Like 1

Chrysler has been winning the whole Americana thing lately (what the 3rd ad was desperately trying for). What I don't get was during their centennial Chevy had the "Chevy Runs Deep" campaign that heavily leveraged their history in America. The ads that were on Youtube were lightyears better than what they ran on TV and now their new marketing absolutely sucks. They need to rehire whatever agency did the heritage ads.

• Like 1

They are successful advertising a life style. They managed to convince people to drive trucks and large expensive SUVs as family vehicles. Which happens to be where they make the most money. When a car would fit the needs of most family at less money, with less cost of ownership. Same with a 1500 sq ft home versus 2500 sq ft. Super size me. I’m so lucky I married an Amy brat, they did more with less. The most laughable holiday ad on tv, a Denali pu and SUV. The husband surprised his wife. Much to his surprise she wants the truck. He left with the SUV, poor guy. Over 120K worth of vehicles for presents. And he didn’t get what he wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I really like the Silverado one. I can't get into the new fangled tailgates though with 14 layers of folding mechanisms... I guess that's why I like the Silverado commercial (and the truck)...because it's theme is classic, old school, tried and true (which is what I like). And, the Sierra is going after the consumer that wants "new fangled".

I got a great idea for a commercial, how about we show a few thousand american gm workers getting layoff checks a week before christmas, then cut to Mexico with Mexican workers cashing their 5 dollar an hour checks while the guy with the clipboard boast about being the most dependable Mexican made chevy truck ever. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BIGDOGx said:

I got a great idea for a commercial, how about we show a few thousand american gm workers getting layoff checks a week before christmas, then cut to Mexico with Mexican workers cashing their 5 dollar an hour checks while the guy with the clipboard boast about being the most dependable Mexican made chevy truck ever. 

Maybe they should add with a throaty, old cowboy like voice:

"Thousands of American workers take the fall so that YOU (pointing the finger dramatically into the camera) have to pay less..."

so long

j-ten-ner

Edited by j-ten-ner

The only tailgate ad that would appeal to me is one where it shows how they are going back to a tailgate that is easily removed and put back on in a few seconds just like the old days.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cowpie said:

The only tailgate ad that would appeal to me is one where it shows how they are going back to a tailgate that is easily removed and put back on in a few seconds just like the old days.  

Those were the most liked by thieves.  LOL