Nav upgrade to my 2019 RPO “IOS” radio

Blanz

Ordered the maps SD card  (https://www.shopchevyparts.com/electronics/2019-silverado-1500-navigation-system-conversion-kit-navigation-radio-upgrade/84531832-p-92300645.html) and had the dealership upgrade program my IOS system to now be Nav capable today. 

Charge was $95.00 to do all the software upgrades and all works great. The SD card is keyed to your VIN so it cannot be moved to another vehicle. 

Yeah, I could do the Apple CarPlay thing, but wanted the built-in Nav capability. 

Bill..

• Like 4

Not sure I understand. What is an “IOS” radio? Do you mean the head unit (stereo) in the car didn’t come with NAV but for $95 the stealership enabled it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, cltsig said:

Not sure I understand. What is an “IOS” radio? Do you mean the head unit (stereo) in the car didn’t come with NAV but for $95 the stealership enabled it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IOS is the mid-level infotainment RPO code. If you buy that $370 card and have it flashed at the dealer, it adds the embedded navigation. Essentially makes it into an “IOT” which is the top level infotainment. 

It’s a handy addition for LT trim level trucks that can’t otherwise be ordered with NAV. Personally I think the price is a bit up there given it’s all software and no hardware changes, but that’s GM...

4 hours ago, MDSilveradoGuy said:

Does this also add the functionality where it shows the speed limit on the road you are travelling in the cluster display?

Sure does. It shows up as a small white square with the posted speed limit.

4 hours ago, Blanz said:

Sure does. It shows up as a small white square with the posted speed limit.

Thanks for the info.. I have a RST with the convenience II package.. but no build in Navi. I know I can use my phone / Android Auto.. but I never really liked that solution. I like it being build into the truck.  I assume it automatically lower volume when giving commands, etc.. just like factory?

16 hours ago, GMC-AT said:

Thanks for the info.. I have a RST with the convenience II package.. but no build in Navi. I know I can use my phone / Android Auto.. but I never really liked that solution. I like it being build into the truck.  I assume it automatically lower volume when giving commands, etc.. just like factory?

Same configuration here. 

Some people feel that this is a bit much to have Nav, but I look at it as a one time non-recurring cost that is well worth it years later.

I piss away that much a month on Amazon for god sakes!

4 hours ago, The Tos said:

I have a '19 RST Z71 but my cluster doesnt have a spot for an SD card. Can this be done any other way? Would love to upgrade.

Look in the console. It should be on the front wall on the inside upper edge. 

5 hours ago, The Tos said:

I have a '19 RST Z71 but my cluster doesnt have a spot for an SD card. Can this be done any other way? Would love to upgrade.

The base stereo in the RST does not have an SD slot and is not upgradable to nav. If you have convenience package II on your truck, you would have the SD slot in your console as Blanz said.

51 minutes ago, goose hunter said:

I assume all LTZ would have this sd card slot in console?

GH

Yes, the mid level radio (and therefore the SD reader) is standard on LTZ. Buckets are not, so if there is no console, the card reader is in the same “module” as the USB ports on the lower dash.

• Like 1

Thank you sir! the only thing missing is the LTZ.....it's on order....should be here by  the end of March.      Satin steel with a 6.2 ( first time 6.2)

GH

Edited by goose hunter
  • Like 1