Nav upgrade to my 2019 RPO “IOS” radio

Blanz

If you try to buy only an SD card you'll get no where.  Once the tech is able to have support authorize the updated calibration files they have to refresh your cluster and radio module.  Then the nav will function as if it were shipped with it.  If you buy an aftermarket nav Kir from one of the normal people it will not be the same.  The radio modules are now all in one and contain the sat radio and Onstar and wifi where the old ones were just change the HMI and have nav. Also if you replace just the radio module the cluster won't work as it would if you buy the nav upgrade kit.

The official nav kit comes with SD card and the authorization code.  You'll have to pay .5 or 1.0 to have the programming done depends not he relationship your dealer has with you. 

• 6 months later...

My LTZ came with Nav and I find myself using it more and more lately. 

Answers to some of the questions

Yes it has separate volume.

Yes you can bring it up on your DIC or HUD if you have it.

If you press the home button while using it screen will show a split screen with the radio on the left and Nav on the right.When you get close to an exit the radio on left will disappear and it will show a pic of the exit sign when its time to exit. Radio will then reappear on the left.

Tom

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TInfotainment said:

http://www.infotainment.com  can do this upgrade without a trip to the dealer. 

What am I missing - They charge $699+ for the '19/20 whereas GM charges $499 + $90 labor and you can save about $100 more buying the kit on line and they do it for you while you are sitting on your a$$ in the waiting room - so, why would you use infotainment.com?

Once upgraded it works exactly like the one from the factory - all Nav operations and capability including interfacing with the and replacing the OnStar Nav icon in the DIC selections, touchscreen and LCD in the speedometer cluster are identical to the factory OEM unit. Upgrade installed software 509 to replace the former 800 rev as the most compatible for the factory Nav option in an upgraded IOS. Everything works perfectly and the "Climate Off" bug is now gone. If I trey to update it comes back that I already have the latest upgrade for my VIN.

On 2/28/2019 at 5:42 PM, Blanz said:

Sure does. It shows up as a small white square with the posted speed limit.

I'm in over my head lol, but I have a simple LT Z71, with a $20 wifi added(monthly) and when my wife maps us on her phone, it shows the speed limit.

Really neat. 

Again, I'm not sure if this means anything really.

Edited by MacLaren

Once upgraded it works exactly like the one from the factory - all Nav operations and capability including interfacing with the and replacing the OnStar Nav icon in the DIC selections, touchscreen and LCD in the speedometer cluster are identical to the factory OEM unit. Upgrade installed software 509 to replace the former 800 rev as the most compatible for the factory Nav option in an upgraded IOS. Everything works perfectly and the "Climate Off" bug is now gone. If I trey to update it comes back that I already have the latest upgrade for my VIN.
I actually just ordered the card last week and getting it programmed this week. When you say replace the OnStar nav does that mean I won't get turn by turn from OnStar anymore? If so, can I just switch to the safety package from them instead of the $35 one (I understand I will lose remote key fob)?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tstephansen said:

I actually just ordered the card last week and getting it programmed this week. When you say replace the OnStar nav does that mean I won't get turn by turn from OnStar anymore? If so, can I just switch to the safety package from them instead of the $35 one (I understand I will lose remote key fob)?

No, you can still get it if you want it; the new Nav will give it to you also, including a screen listing all turns and distances. But, now the OnStar compass icon is replaced with a new icon with upward arrow to access onboard maps and Nav.....all OnStar features including their pay Nav feature if still on active subscription will be moved to the round OnStar logo touch button. Easy to move the Onstar button to another page and place the new Nav icon on the main screen. Same goes for the DIC, the previous OnStar page is replaced with the new Nav option screen and speed limit sign on main screen selection. Most new Nav functions like 2D-3D-services-buildings-North up are through the main touch screen - unfortunately though just as functional  the '19 screens are not as colorful as the '16 - '18s.

Also only on the '19s........ OnStar hands free calling is no longer hands free....instead of voice activation it brings up a menu on the touch screen where you use your hand to enter the number or press a contact name shortcut button to initiate the call. The Bluetooth feature for you cell phone is voice active and still remains hands free.

• Like 1

No, you can still get it if you want it; the new Nav will give it to you also, including a screen listing all turns and distances. But, now the OnStar compass icon is replaced with a new icon with upward arrow to access onboard maps and Nav.....all OnStar features including their pay Nav feature if still on active subscription will be moved to the round OnStar logo touch button. Easy to move the Onstar button to another page and place the new Nav icon on the main screen. Same goes for the DIC, the previous OnStar page is replaced with the new Nav option screen and speed limit sign on main screen selection. Most new Nav functions like 2D-3D-services-buildings-North up are through the main touch screen - unfortunately though just as functional  the '19 screens are not as colorful as the '16 - '18s.

Also only on the '19s........ OnStar hands free calling is no longer hands free....instead of voice activation it brings up a menu on the touch screen where you use your hand to enter the number or press a contact name shortcut button to initiate the call. The Bluetooth feature for you cell phone is voice active and still remains hands free.
Thanks for taking the time to explain it for me!

Now that I have the upgrade I have another question. Does anyone else have an issue with the DIC not showing the correct lanes to be in? The nav screen on the infotainment is correct but not the DIC. I've attached some pictures showing what I'm talking about. dc742c3596535ece318192c6d9ebb18e.jpga0b09bb81fff0455e2d3853fbb0c286c.jpg

On 9/12/2019 at 2:36 PM, tstephansen said:

Now that I have the upgrade I have another question. Does anyone else have an issue with the DIC not showing the correct lanes to be in? The nav screen on the infotainment is correct but not the DIC. I've attached some pictures showing what I'm talking about. dc742c3596535ece318192c6d9ebb18e.jpga0b09bb81fff0455e2d3853fbb0c286c.jpg

Photo didn't attach.

All depends if the Nav has an upgraded map, may have been a road change and not necessarily a recent change. If changes are not reported to the mapping authority or Google even the latest map wont show the update and have wrong lanes, missing roundabouts, etc. My map has nearby roads completed last year, but lack some in the next State completed two years ago.

Also GPS is accurate only to so many feet and som,etimes if traveling on a road parrallel to a highway, it will place your car icon on the main road.

Edited by Thomcat

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I AM GETTING A 2019 CHEVY SILVERADO TODAY WITH THE CONVENIENCE 2 PACKAGE THAT HAS THE UPGRADED

INFOTAINMENT IOS. ON EBAY SOMEONE IS SELLING 2019 Silverado GM 84528704 OEM latest navigation GPS card.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF THIS IS COMPATIBLE AND CAN BE USED?

THX.....

GREG

From what I can see those will NOT work. I just looked them up on eBay. Those are SD card kits only, most likely used to update the actual maps for someone that already has the navigation kit installed.

What you want is part number

It is the full kit for IOS radios, and includes the one time activation code the dealer will need to get GM to authorize the computer updates to your truck. It's $450 from GM but with their 20% off deal you'll get it for $360.