Replacing stock tires

17 minutes ago, NCPGMC said:

According to Michelin..."Our Best Just Got Better. The MICHELIN® Defender® LTX® M/S combines the proven tread design of the LTX® M/S2 with Evertread™ compound to provide durable tread life, no matter the season." and "Evertread™ compound helps the MICHELIN® Defender® LTX® M/S last 10% longer in severe conditions than the MICHELIN® LTX® M/S2."

The regular LTX is no longer made, replaced by the Defender LTX.  

1 minute ago, mike67naz said:

Thanks NCPGMC, replacing tires soon and this helped decide on the Defenders now.  Going thru dealer, 4 for 3 and price match.

I have never had a set of Michelin's, I have always had good luck with Goodyear's; my brother swears by Michelin's. Personally, I like to buy American so I stick with the few remaining American-owned companies...Price and a good rebate doesn't hurt either :-)

18 hours ago, juscuzram said:

Continental CrossContact LX20

Just looking for a smooth and quiet ride, long life, and max MPG.

The Cross Contact LX20 is the OEM tire on my 2018 Sierra.  It is smooth and quiet, delivers respectable MPG.  However, I've read numerous reviews that report this tire has a short tread life on larger vehicles like the Silverado and Tahoe.  Owners of midsize crossovers seem to be pretty happy though.  I don't think I have more than 10k km on mine yet.  They were not good in snow, so I ran different tires in the winter. 

4 hours ago, rkj__ said:

The Cross Contact LX20 is the OEM tire on my 2018 Sierra.  It is smooth and quiet, delivers respectable MPG.  However, I've read numerous reviews that report this tire has a short tread life on larger vehicles like the Silverado and Tahoe.  Owners of midsize crossovers seem to be pretty happy though.  I don't think I have more than 10k km on mine yet.  They were not good in snow, so I ran different tires in the winter. 

I work for a GM dealer and that is a true statement on both ends. Customers like them, but they do not last longer than about 35-40k, depending on how you drive.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sold my eagle ls2 OEM tires with 1800 miles for $350.  Got Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S OWL road force balanced as an upgrade.  Great deal.

Edited by outrag1

I’m an at3 guy through and through. 

My old duramax had the at3

My new 1500 has the new LT model in 275/65/18, got them Saturday

wife’s Jeep has the regular at3, got them Saturday, previously had them too. 

Great wear, traction, all around great tire. I get them every time I need tires. 

Edited by Jgreen2193

1 hour ago, awright2009 said:

I bought my truck used at about 36k, now at 90k with the  Michelin Defender LTX AT2's still tons of tread and grip

Dang, did you install the Michelin tires when you bought the truck ?