GM Stepping Up on Brake Issue

Call my dealer today, to inquire about the extended service period. They referred me to GM. I called GM and they referred me back to the dealer. I hope this isn't a series of run around.

• Like 2

My 2014 Sierra has done this for a while. I first noticed it backing my boat down the launch. I had to use both feet to get it to stop. I thought it was just wet brake but it’s happened more than once. Happened last night backing into a parking spot that had a downward slope. I’ll be calling the dealer Monday. 

8 hours ago, [email protected] said:

My 2014 Sierra has done this for a while. I first noticed it backing my boat down the launch. I had to use both feet to get it to stop. I thought it was just wet brake but it’s happened more than once. Happened last night backing into a parking spot that had a downward slope. I’ll be calling the dealer Monday. 

are you beyond 72k miles?

Just noticed the same thing last weekend when I backed a Parker down a ramp.  Put my foot on the brakes and didn't slow down.  I thought the truck was getting launched at the same time.  How pathetic is it that you cannot stop a boat rated just over 60% of the max trailering weight?  

On 4/18/2019 at 2:03 PM, Sierra Dan said:

Were you having problems or experiencing hard braking?

Yes after initially stopping completely then rolling up and stopping one or two more times without much or any throttle input the brake pedal would build up and be hard to push offering very little assist.  Now after the replacement of my vacuum pump those third and forth brake applies feel more like the first and second.

On 4/12/2019 at 3:00 PM, Sierra Dan said:

Should be 100K if you ask me.

This will leave many owners out in the dust that are beyond 72K

So does this coverage automatically cover replacement of the vacuum pump or only if you report a problem and they "replicate" the problem?

I already talked to our dealership (I have been complaining about this since 2015).  Kept getting brushed off, that there is no recalls.  Now, I am over the mileage, and dealership says "sorry".....I have escalated to GM customer service.  Fingers crossed that they will do something....especially since I have been questioning the brakes for so long.  And......we have had one tiny fender bender, because the truck didn't stop, when backing into a parking spot.....and the big one.....hubby was driving through a round a bout, and tried to stop for oncoming traffic and couldn't.  Frigg

I already talked to our dealership (I have been complaining about this since 2015).  Kept getting brushed off, that there is no recalls.  Now, I am over the mileage, and dealership says "sorry".....I have escalated to GM customer service.  Fingers crossed that they will do something....especially since I have been questioning the brakes for so long.  And......we have had one tiny fender bender, because the truck didn't stop, when backing into a parking spot.....and the big one.....hubby was driving through a round a bout, and tried to stop for oncoming traffic and couldn't.  Frigg

Don't forget about the emergency brake.

Received my notice in the mail yesterday - it states "failure to follow recommended oil change intervals could contribute to this condition." I can already hear the excuses for a sub-par part failure being blamed on oil change recommendations between manufacturer (oil) and DIC.......Too - I do not have the DTC set as of yet however, the condition is present.

I have some time before this "fix" runs out - so I will let the garage monkeys figure out the technique before I get in line to change out mine