2019 Sierra- largest tire on stock suspension

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Russ Currier said:

Has anyone tried 295/70R18 on a Trail Boss? I don't feel the stock Durateks really fill the wheel wells very well (looks too small). 

Also, is it possible to have the speedo calibrated so it reads true after tire upgrade? 

Yes, Hypertech sells a re calibration module to correct your speedometer. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I put 275 / 60R20's on and 1.5" spacers and I have some serious rub. It is not when I am on flat surface driving it is when I have to go up any type of lip. For example getting in and out of my driveway or coming off the street and into a mall parking lot. When the tire will be lifted up a little into the air. But if I am just driving down the road I have no issues at all. 

I asked someone to turn my wheel all the way in one direction and then all the way in the other direction and I do not see it rubbing at all or hitting anything. I need to get under the truck and see if it is rubbing somewhere on the other side. I am surprised if that is the case as I pulled the tires out with the spacers. 

It is snowing today and will be snowing all week, plus it gets dark before I even get home from work so this weekend I will be crawling under it and having a look at what is going on, and where.

13 hours ago, AJMBLAZER said:

The wheel spacers are your issue. 

I found the rub, I do not believe it is from the spacers at all. Plus on my 2014 I had no spacers and my winter tires rubbed as well.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/4/2019 at 10:14 AM, Taz56 said:

I put 275 / 60R20's on and 1.5" spacers and I have some serious rub. It is not when I am on flat surface driving it is when I have to go up any type of lip. For example getting in and out of my driveway or coming off the street and into a mall parking lot. When the tire will be lifted up a little into the air. But if I am just driving down the road I have no issues at all. 

I asked someone to turn my wheel all the way in one direction and then all the way in the other direction and I do not see it rubbing at all or hitting anything. I need to get under the truck and see if it is rubbing somewhere on the other side. I am surprised if that is the case as I pulled the tires out with the spacers. 

It is snowing today and will be snowing all week, plus it gets dark before I even get home from work so this weekend I will be crawling under it and having a look at what is going on, and where.

That tire size is stock on many trucks that come with 20's.