In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Posted (edited)
On 8/28/2019 at 3:11 PM, JONBLARC7 said:

Are you a father now????  The truck is awesome but being a dad tops it all. 

YESSSSSS Liam was born August 27th at 13:24. 10 lbs and 22.5" long. MONSTER BABY!!! We just got home 2 hours ago. Starting to settle in and start figuring out a routine. Thank you for asking!

Edited by DenaliX14
  • Like 2

Congrats!!! you'll be on cruise control before you know it.

If I could give two tips.

1.  Never wake a sleeping baby.  I don't care if its feeding time or not don't wake them. BUT just be ready as soon as they wake up they'll be ready to feed so be ready.  And if you need to go meet friends and Liam is sleeping.  You can be late you have the perfect excuse,  You have a new born.

2.  Tell you wife to go rest every now and then you got it.

Now back to the truck.

52 minutes ago, JONBLARC7 said:

Congrats!!! you'll be on cruise control before you know it.

If I could give two tips.

1.  Never wake a sleeping baby.  I don't care if its feeding time or not don't wake them. BUT just be ready as soon as they wake up they'll be ready to feed so be ready.  And if you need to go meet friends and Liam is sleeping.  You can be late you have the perfect excuse,  You have a new born.

2.  Tell you wife to go rest every now and then you got it.

Now back to the truck.

I'll add one thing  - So you know how you're flooded with gifts of baby clothes right now?  Take everything that's not fastened with either velcro, or a zipper, and SET IT ASIDE.  At 3AM, speed is your friend, and buttons are the devil.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ShortyMatt said:

I'll add one thing  - So you know how you're flooded with gifts of baby clothes right now?  Take everything that's not fastened with either velcro, or a zipper, and SET IT ASIDE.  At 3AM, speed is your friend, and buttons are the devil.

Awesome advice and we've gotten to use the "Oh Liam is fussy or it's feeding time" to get out of phone calls and visits lol. What sucked is he was estimated to be 8lbs 10 oz. So all the newborn stuff we got went right to storage lol. She gave birth to a 3 mo old haha. 

First DR. appointment was today. He's in the 97th percentile of newborns 😳. Eating like his daddy, pooping like his daddy and sassy like his mamma! I took 2.5 weeks off so mamma can recover and I can do all the cooking, cleaning and late night feedings. It's been working really well so far. I'll catch a few zzz's after my morning workout and in the evening before my night shift :) . 

Not sure about the truck. Need to ask the shop how things are going. I believe the Engine is getting pulled and parts are starting to swap over. 

Update* the truck should be running this weekend. If the shop can get a base tune in it I’ll be able to drive it for a while to break it in. After that we’ll get the big tunes in it!!

this will also give me time to get a transmission that can handle 1000HP!

• Like 1

On 9/19/2019 at 7:56 AM, DenaliX14 said:

Update* the truck should be running this weekend. If the shop can get a base tune in it I’ll be able to drive it for a while to break it in. After that we’ll get the big tunes in it!!

this will also give me time to get a transmission that can handle 1000HP!

Need new head gaskets. will set me back until next week. :( AHHHHHHH REEEEEEEEEEEE lol oh well. 

Why didn’t they order all the stuff together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, KARNUT said:

Why didn’t they order all the stuff together?

This build started off as a head/cam repair and has evolved significantly over the past few months. It was a true domino effect. I actually didn't think about the bore size going up = get new head gaskets. Was an oversight on my part. eh, w/e I ordered a set of Cometic's 4.150 that should be here Monday. 

This build started off as a head/cam repair and has evolved significantly over the past few months. It was a true domino effect. I actually didn't think about the bore size going up = get new head gaskets. Was an oversight on my part. eh, w/e I ordered a set of Cometic's 4.150 that should be here Monday. 

Yea. I’ve been following. You probably need to start building a transmission-rear end fund as well.

5 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Yea. I’ve been following. You probably need to start building a transmission-rear end fund as well.

I've got one. I'm undecided. Spend $6k for a built trans ready to go or spend $3-4k on building mine at a shop near me and have the truck down another few weeks. 

Maddog has a 1000 hp trans. Circle D has a 850hp trans build, Lizzard Trans has a 1000hp trans PAC, Monster, Hughes. etc etc. Just a lot of 50/50 feedback. 

Shop near me......who knows what I'll get. 

• Like 1

Head Gaskets delivered!!! They already have most of the other stuff bolted in. Ready to get this baby together!!! Super excited. It's so shiny too!

Posted (edited)

I would not worry to much about the trans till you get to the 800+ range.  I have tsp 416 which is the same as your 427 just not sleeved. Added a whipple pistons rods ect. Diff is I have a 12 in lift n run 38x15 tires. Puts down bout 780 to the tires n has been that way for 36000mi. I beat the hell out of it n other that a trans tune n extra cooler and a triple disc converter it is stock trans no probs. 

Edited by Ubet0512

45 minutes ago, Ubet0512 said:

I would not worry to much about the trans till you get to the 800+ range.  I have tsp 416 which is the same as your 427 just not sleeved. Added a whipple pistons rods ect. Diff is I have a 12 in lift n run 38x15 tires. Puts down bout 780 to the tires n has been that way for 36000mi. I beat the hell out of it n other that a trans tune n extra cooler and a triple disc converter it is stock trans no probs. 

Good to know. I was worrying about it. I’m actually relieved to hear someone has put down the same range of power and it still stands let alone over 36k miles. Thank you!!

Heads and exhaust manifolds are back on. Should have a running truck by next week. 

• Like 2

Got 16 QTS of Driven LS30 race oil delivered and transported to the shop. Getting closer. 

62F40789-C1ED-43C6-860B-6334D5FD2587.jpeg

• Like 1