Turbo 6.2 almost done!!

On 10/1/2019 at 11:21 PM, Ubet0512 said:

I would not worry to much about the trans till you get to the 800+ range.  I have tsp 416 which is the same as your 427 just not sleeved. Added a whipple pistons rods ect. Diff is I have a 12 in lift n run 38x15 tires. Puts down bout 780 to the tires n has been that way for 36000mi. I beat the hell out of it n other that a trans tune n extra cooler and a triple disc converter it is stock trans no probs. 

Don’t you have an have an 8speed?

8L90 has far higher factory torque rating than the 6l80

Edited by truckguy82

Unfortunately no. My truck is a 2016 lt that came with a 5.3 n 6l80. In 2016 I think only the high country and Denali came with the 8 speed or it might have been in any model with the 6.2 not sure which it was

2 hours ago, Ubet0512 said:

Unfortunately no. My truck is a 2016 lt that came with a 5.3 n 6l80. In 2016 I think only the high country and Denali came with the 8 speed or it might have been in any model with the 6.2 not sure which it was

After 2015 the retired the 6L80E/6L90 and went to the 8L90

34 minutes ago, DenaliX14 said:

I wish I had the 8L. I wouldn't have to worry too much. But, such is life. 

I think it’s all in the tune with the 6speed. Such a huge variety of power levels. That’s not the first guy who’s ran big power out of a 6 speed with no issues.

Not sure if he’s 2wd though. That would make a huge difference.

The 2014 6.2L 6L80e were the quickest trucks GM has ever produced, maybe excluding the Syclone. The 6 speed ran the 1/4m a couple tenths faster than the 2015+ 8L90e's. 

Doesn't really matter which one you get. You would think the 6spd is tougher with larger drums, but I would suppose the TC is the weak link represented by the '80" which is GM code for torque level ratings for the transmissions. You can't put a trans-brake in either transmission. If I were building a truck to the level you guys are, I would think about a built 4L80e with a trans-brake, but not really called for if you don't plan on drag racing it. With your stall you will be able to launch good in 4x4 anyway and I doubt your looking for K2 drag racing records lol. 

I’m planning on ordering; The level 4 rebuild kit from PATC and add the billet planet drums. Their is a racing shop Jannetty Racing in CT that can rebuild it and tune it. It should hold 1200HP at this point. 

I don’t plan on racing it.  It I do plan on surprising the hell out of a bunch of super cars, motorcycles and other various folks at car shows and events. 

also, it’s pretty bad ass to say “Oh this truck..yeah um It has like..... 1000wheel horse power”, 

what did you find out on your bearing failure?  You might want to install a special oil pressure line guage designed to monitor bearing failure. its basically an oil pressure gauge with two pressure inputs. and allows you to see the pressure drop across the crank bearings. this might be important to you when you start making 800+hp

IMG-3110.JPG

IMG-3111.JPG

Edited by flyingfool

On 10/11/2019 at 3:00 PM, flyingfool said:

what did you find out on your bearing failure?  You might want to install a special oil pressure line guage designed to monitor bearing failure. its basically an oil pressure gauge with two pressure inputs. and allows you to see the pressure drop across the crank bearings. this might be important to you when you start making 800+hp

I found out GM's L86 stock rod bearings don't like 850+ crank power. I'm not worried about it at this point. The new block is rated for 1,200 wheel. It's nearly finished. Need to finish a few more bolt-ons then back into the truck it goes.