Turbo 6.2 almost done!!

On 12/29/2019 at 6:42 PM, DenaliX14 said:

@ShortyMatt where did you source your axel items from?

Calvert racing, ordered them direct.  The Cal Trac bars seem to get nothing but unconditional love online.  The idea makes a lot of sense to me, plus it's all of 3 bolts to get each side so no big deal.  If you haven't noticed it already because you're still in break in, things might get a little funky in certain situations at full throttle.  My uneducated guess is that the housing and leafs are going from twisted to suddenly rebounding hard during the shift, and when it's back in gear I'm not only slamming the axle with peak boost and power, I'm at best having to wasting energy to re-wrapping the axle and at worst having to stop it from rebounding if the shift happens fast enough.  Feels like a hard hook. 

Or more likely I have no f-ing idea what I'm talking about...hahahahhaha

2016 FRS 1/4 mile time-15.3 seconds per Caranddriver

my 2016 l83-14.82

soooo......

94 Impala SS 15 in the 1/4 miles per hot rod mag. Mine 15.50, I was pissed. My 94 Z-28 14.07 same mag. Mine 13.50. Sooooo. Those numbers you posted are close enough a driver can make difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha. How did this divulge into a conversation about whether or not a stock 5.3L will take out a Scion? The only car I have raced was a stock turbo Cobalt with my stock 6.2L from a 30 roll, gave him the hit and pulled him by a length and half with 33" 10 plies. Think those cars were around 260hp so a 5.3L should eat up a 200hp FRS quite handily.

Great to see some videos of it alive and rolling. Cant wait to see some pulls under boost.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, L86 All Terrain said:

Haha. How did this divulge into a conversation about whether or not a stock 5.3L will take out a Scion? The only car I have raced was a stock turbo Cobalt with my stock 6.2L from a 30 roll, gave him the hit and pulled him by a length and half with 33" 10 plies. Think those cars were around 260hp so a 5.3L should eat up a 200hp FRS quite handily.

Great to see some videos of it alive and rolling. Cant wait to see some pulls under boost.  

I ended up deleting my response. It’s not worth it feeding trolls.

The guys black FRS had a turbo too, which is why I was amused. 

im also looking forward to the final tune. Getting it done next weekend. I really just going to be excited to WOT and see what it can really do. 

• 1 month later...