Trail boss running boards

On 4/20/2020 at 8:30 AM, Mitch G said:

Can I ask where you picked those up at? American Trucking? 

I just picked up a '20 TB this past Saturday and am in the market for some assist steps. Definitely like the looks of those the best. 

Got mine from a local retailer I do business with, but they have the same exact ones on American trucks 

• 1 month later...
On 6/13/2019 at 11:26 AM, towdog333 said:

Mine came with the running boards n like the them

20181019_104252_resized_1.jpg

20181019_104116_resized.jpg

Do you or does anyone else have any problems with these running boards flaking? I really do like these and they look great on the Trail Boss! IF they are going to flake that badly i might choose to go a different direction. Seems if they flake like that any gravel on your shoes will cause it to scratch badly and look terrible after weeks only.

Has anyone had any issues with the 4-Inch Round Assist Steps in Black? do they flake or chip badly? 

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/3/2021 at 9:20 AM, Philly Phan said:

what is the name brand of your Tubular runners. I cant find them anywhere. Please help...!!!!!

Those came from Chevy with the midnight or trail boss package as I recall. Too long and a couple trucks ago to remember exactly, sorry!

• 9 months later...
On 6/13/2019 at 8:37 AM, Booger T said:

I have the same ones on my TB. Definitely make getting in and out easier.

On 6/13/2019 at 8:25 AM, Michael621 said:

I prefer the tubular version. I have had the flat version on vehicles in the past, and they always seemed to catch a bunch of road debris.

IMG_0216.jpeg

What brand and model are these?

On 6/13/2020 at 12:30 AM, Cobra Jim said:

I installed Tyger Step bars. Picked them up on Amazon and then sprayed the with bed liner coating myself. Not a perfect job but should hold up for a while.

IMG_3092.JPEG

IMG_3090.JPEG

IMG_3093.JPEG

What Bed Linner Spray did you used ?? Thanks

On 6/12/2019 at 10:07 PM, paul0609 said:

Looking at purchasing a trail boss but after taking one for a drive I felt it was a big step in, I am not really concerned about it for myself but my wife may grow tired of jumping up into the truck and we also have two small kids. 

I was looking at adding the gm rectangular assist step with the deal but I am not sure if that will help the step up into the truck, or if I am better off going with some hoop side steps that come down a little more.  If there is anyone out there with a trail boss with side steps do they make entering and exiting the vehicle easier? Pics would be great.

i am used to getting into my 2500hd with the factory side steps so I figured this would be pretty similar I just can not find a trail boss at the dealer with side steps to try it out. 

Thanks

EB6482BD-E645-4861-A950-6FF2EA6657DF.jpeg

for this year they came out with GM High Clearance side steps, first saw them on a new Zr2, I have them on my 2022 custom with 4" lift that I tried to make as a slightly better than trail boss truck...anyhow, I am loving them, they ride tight and high and look the best and will function best when it comes time to not hang up off-road or deep snow etc., they are offering great protection also, I found those lower hanging boards an awkward height on the at4 rental I had, they aren't cheap nor light but they are awesome and coated in some very sharp prickly grippy stuff that is very dark black but sparkles somewhat also due to all the angles of the textured coating...which will shred the back of your leg getting out if you forget to use the step, anyhow, it's the ultimate functional step for an off-road truck imo and best looking as well, it tapers down towards back, follows body well and doesn't stick too far out from the truck either as you just palm of your foot hop and turn your butt onto the seat, getting out you just heel or back half of foot to slow the descent and push you slightly away from the step as you're getting out, the lower big fat steps seemed to be a get on, two feet, then turn...it just wasn't as slick to me, it was too low and they stuck out too far making clearing them on the descent with the other leg more awkward, hope that helps

Edited by 4banger

• 3 months later...

Removed stock 4” tubes after a year on the Trail Boss and installed high clearance GM. Short Wife with bad knees has a little trouble with high clearance version but ground clearance here in rough country better. Dirt sand and snow repelled better with high Clearance version. Tubes for sale. Providing hardware too, bolts right up easy  

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/profile/287721-customboss/

AADD8714-16B3-4061-A6CF-090D2A32FA82.thumb.jpeg.7f0ca6a011b4948897e6dfb04b226593.jpegD3071EFA-75ED-4088-956D-4E3AB7B33C75.thumb.jpeg.8ead5ae2ce370f5f707c5c7a61d39ae5.jpeg

Edited by customboss