THE ALL TIME LISTING OF BEST GM TRUCKS

I decided I would make a listing of the all time best Government Motors trucks of all time. I HOPE YALL ARE AWARE THAT THIS IS JUST MY OPINION. BUT I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THIS LIST IS DAMN NEAR PERFECT. I know this because I am a Chevrolet enthusizt. 

List going from best to worst:

1) T1XX-easily the best gm truck gm has ever designed. I love my rst and am thinking about a trail boss due to my love of spacer lifts. 

2) GMT400-kinda hot tbh it’s just a lil’ uglee 

3)K2XX-I like the Z71s and Custums

4) Squarebody-not bad...just a lil’ too square lol

5) gt900-so hot and reliable af. Honestly I put this above Squarebody. 

6)trucks made in late 60s to before squarebody (idgaf what they’re called...Dey ugly tho???)

honorable mention: el Camino is May B best truck of all time in my correct opinion 

• Sad 1

70 CST big block Tied with 70SS elcamino. My number 1. Close second 2001 GMC extended cab. SUV 06-08 Trailblazer SS. The ultimate, 2014 GMC with the 01 engine and transmission, 373 gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 year in and the truck is best all time, really needed a laugh today with all that has gone on the last two days so thanks for that! Best is hard to pick as some go by design and aesthetics, others durability and some simplicity to work on and keep running. The K2 hasn't been out long enough to decide if that will give decades worth of dependable running, though it is manufactured at a higher tolerance and should mechanically be able to last longer, just all the electronic gizmos are a question. In terms of aesthetics the 14/15 wins for the K2. Persona fav in terms of looks and durability (and I still see tons on the road) are the 800's. Love the old square body's but they use such old tech it is easy to replace and keep running. The T1 is way too early to tell though design wise it has grown on my but still far from one of the better looking trucks. Mechanically it should be good but again, lets talk in a decade or two. 

Tyler

Generally the newer vehicle would be the "best" vehicle.  However for the time they were built compared to other trucks of the time my pick would be too hard to narrow down. I'm kinda partial to the early-mid 80s trucks though. I really like the cleanness of my current truck, and with the 6.2 may go down as one of my favorite vehicles I've owned.    The new T1 the way it looks, and the stupid stuff deleted (like storage on a lesser trim) and added, will never be on a good ole truck list of mine, falling behind even the 03-07 trucks, they aren't quite as ugly as the new ones.   

• Like 1

This is easy.

1. Gmt400

2. Squarebody 

3. K2XX 

4. 67-72

5. Advanced design 

6. Taskmaster 

7. GMT800

10. T1XX

and the least reliable truck, the one that brought us collapsed lifters and oil consumption, doesn't deserve to be on the list so I put it at 100 behind the F150, Ram and imports. The GMT900.

• Like 1

The GMT800s were actually very well made, and before the huge spike in cost hit the full size truck market.

My GMT400 was a good truck for its time, but actually required a lot of upkeep after about 150,000. It wasn't the drivetrain, it was the crappy plastics and rotting wire insulation causing havoc.

I'd rank the three I've dealt with as follows:

1. K2
2. GMT800
3. GMT400

The K2 really hasn't needed much beyond the usual maintenance items, and I pushed my first one really far with no mods like catch can or AFM disabler.

The GMT800 I had was a straight beast. It didn't need anything significant at all before 170,000 miles. The plastics and wiring were still good under the hood when I got rid of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

I think y’all need to stop calling it Government Motors. It’s 12 years ago... and since then just about all manufacturers have taken money from the government.

T1 definitely best
Regardless of AFM issues I loved my GMT900’s.
Then C10’s.

• Like 1