2015 4.3 to 6.2 swap (l86)/8l90e issues

Hi, first time posting on here, I hope I am not bringing up an issue that has been solved or brought up elsewhere.

Here we go, I have a 2015 single cab swb 4x4 that came with a 4.3/6l80e, i have swapped this to a 2017 l86/ 8l90e. Truck was fully operational prior to swap no issues, upon completing the mechanical portion of the swap and starting the electrical checkout I have run into some issues. Truck will power up bcm/ gauge cluster with no issue/ lights but I have no ecm activation as fars fuel system coming on or engine rolling over. I am getting the following DTCs: 2535, U0100, 1029( low voltage from fuel system). I have reached out to 8+ different shops for assitance and offered to pay for their time but have not recieved a solution or either not enough experience with newer truck/ motor systems, if there is anyone that has any thoughts/ recommendations/ experience/ solutions on this would be great or a capable shop around north Texas, I am all ears, really excited to figure  out what is going and get this on the road.  Also everything is 100% factory parts other than texas speed cam and delete kit.

• Like 1

Yes!! Finally!

you are the first person I’m aware of, atleast that is on any sort of forum, that swapped an l86 into a single cab. 

:slow clap:

what that also means is, good luck, because you are the pioneer

you’ll need someone that really knows their stuff

• Like 1

I might suggest contacting a place that does gen v v8 swaps into other vehicles. For example there are shops that swaps them into jeeps.

You could also try to find a shop that might want to offer l86 swap kits to customers. It gives them a vehicle to prototype and figure it out.

Thank you

I am using the manual t-case due to the truck has a floor shifter and the auto4 which I have is opposite side for linkage but I may in the future.

I plan on calling motech tomorrow those guys are really knowledgeable and helped me in the past with putting an ls3/4l80e in a 08 JK

I have called multiple shops in NTX but everybody tells me they are too busy but once I get my issue figured will tune it.

From what I see at looking at part numbers fuel systems are the same. Had similarities to L5P fuel process: Lp to engine, engine then has another pump that will boost the 65-75psi supply from Lp to 1,500-3,000psi to injectors

I wanna be a part of this just to watch.

If I was still a single man... a 6.2 single cab short bed would've been the jam. Hell, even a 5.3.

Single cab/short bed V8s are rare as hen's teeth, just like crew cabs and standard beds, at least here in Central FL.

When I was single and bought my 2014 double cab, I only bought a double because that gave me the 5.3. All the shorties were V6.

This is awesome.

Sent from my SM-J810F using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, B M said:

Thank you

I am using the manual t-case due to the truck has a floor shifter and the auto4 which I have is opposite side for linkage but I may in the future.

I plan on calling motech tomorrow those guys are really knowledgeable and helped me in the past with putting an ls3/4l80e in a 08 JK

You 100% want auto4 in that truck if it’s primarily street driven. It will take your 0-60 from like 5flat to 4 flat. Just going to be a burnout machine unless you go with super sticky tires that aren’t really good for anything else.

Literally my dream build. An rcsb, l86, auto4, and a cam.

I’m at 0-60 now in 5.0 seconds in a 5500lb bone stock truck with only a tune. Yours is what, a 1000lbs lighter?

I am looking for the correct part# for a 2014- 2016 5.3/6.2, 8l90e, auto4, no electrical steering assist (engine wiring harness), I have looked on gm parts direct 84080179# this appears to be correct but I cant determine if it is for a 8l90e, any help would be great.

Edited by B M

58 minutes ago, B M said:

I am looking for the correct part# for a 2014- 2016 5.3/6.2, 8l90e, auto4, no electrical steering assist (engine wiring harness), I have looked on gm parts direct 84080179# this appears to be correct but I cant determine if it is for a 8l90e, any help would be great.

It’s odd because

in 2014, the 6.2 was only offered with the 6l80

in 2015+ the 6.2 was only offered with the 8l90

Edited by truckguy82