Anyone know if you can get the 2019 Denali grill and bumper insert in black?

I just bought a white frost 2019 Sierra Denali and want to blackout all the chrome on it. Anyone have experience doing this? Want to do all the badges, grill, door handles etc. I’m thinking I will take the chrome grill and lower insert around the tow hooks out and acid wash them to remove the chrome and get back to the ABS plastic and have them painted, but didn’t know if there was an option that was better? Here’s a couple of the pictures as is now. I’ve ordered black 22” rims and the leveling kit, but once those are on I want to get the rest of it blacked out. Thanks

AD0BBAF7-A2B8-40DD-92AB-56799F0D9A98.jpeg

70FF8D71-FB78-4943-A23C-50B2076CE9A5.jpeg

29 minutes ago, LT4NE said:

I just bought a white frost 2019 Sierra Denali and want to blackout all the chrome on it. Anyone have experience doing this? Want to do all the badges, grill, door handles etc. I’m thinking I will take the chrome grill and lower insert around the tow hooks out and acid wash them to remove the chrome and get back to the ABS plastic and have them painted, but didn’t know if there was an option that was better? Here’s a couple of the pictures as is now. I’ve ordered black 22” rims and the leveling kit, but once those are on I want to get the rest of it blacked out. Thanks

Nice truck. There is no need to acid wash the upper grille. There is a 3rd party black one available. I've been looking to do the same with my AT4 but the black AT4 grilles they have currently don't support front camera. Looks like this black denali grille supports front camera. For the lower chrome grille, you can get the black one from the AT4. The chrome fog light bezel is where you might ran into an issue. You can sandblast and have them painted black or you could vinyl wrap them. Hope this helps. 

black_denali_grille.jpg.b7cea6f453a2738243115a36af523d01.jpg

http://www.topgearautosport.com/part/A1289TG2259/GMC_Sierra_1500_2019-2020_Glossy_Black_New_Denali_Style_Grille.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyon0-4_r5gIVhcDACh3M0wlNEAQYASABEgJvcfD_BwE

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2019-2020-GMC-Sierra-1500-SLE-SLT-Denali-GLOSSY-BLACK-Upper-Hood-Grille/184087549096?fits=Year%3A2019|Model%3ASierra+1500|Make%3AGMC&hash=item2adc7914a8:g:FqMAAOSwM2dd-oZe

1 hour ago, LT4NE said:

AD0BBAF7-A2B8-40DD-92AB-56799F0D9A98.jpeg

70FF8D71-FB78-4943-A23C-50B2076CE9A5.jpeg

I would trade you the lower from my slt,  I've been want a chrome lower and my truck came with black.  Do you live close to Indiana?

I don’t, I’m in Nebraska but I’d be interested in that. Are they the same? I know the bumper itself has a bunch of sensors in it, so I’m assuming there aren’t any in this piece, but would want to make sure it’s going to fit right up...do you have a picture of it?

I do not have the licence plate bracket, Indiana does not require a front plate,  so mine does not have screw holes.  As far as being the same, when I talked to the parts man at the dealership he said they were listed the same as far as fitment,  but that is all I know.

Actually,  hopefully not coming off like a jerk,  but if yours has holes in it that would be a deal breaker for me

Edited by wizard4878

I have the same exact truck and am in the process of doing the same.

The AT4 lower grill is part number 84176749 and you can get black tow hooks as well for I think around $40.

The fog light bezels are $150 or you can just have them vinyl wrapped for a bit less.

I swapped my mirror caps to the white frost ones and made a huge difference as well.

a5c46098ae0b4519511b9853d5494da3.jpg51bad3339a7ad841539ce34613825569.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hotrodz-thanks for sharing. You have good style apparently! Haha, just ordered the mirror caps, but question for you...the options were “white” & “summit white.” I went with just the “white” seeing I know my color is “white frost” & not “summit.” Did I do that right?

Also, you don’t happen to know the part number for the fog light bezels do you?
I’m going to do the tow hooks in red actually, as I’m leaving the gmc logo red in the black grill and then will just blackout all the other badges. Painting the calipers red as well so hopefully it’ll set it off a bit. What did you do for your grill? Paint it or buy the one truck_newbie posted above?

love to see some pics when you get it done!

• Like 1

Hotrodz-thanks for sharing. You have good style apparently! Haha, just ordered the mirror caps, but question for you...the options were “white” & “summit white.” I went with just the “white” seeing I know my color is “white frost” & not “summit.” Did I do that right?

Also, you don’t happen to know the part number for the fog light bezels do you?
I’m going to do the tow hooks in red actually, as I’m leaving the gmc logo red in the black grill and then will just blackout all the other badges. Painting the calipers red as well so hopefully it’ll set it off a bit. What did you do for your grill? Paint it or buy the one truck_newbie posted above?

love to see some pics when you get it done!

Haha agreed, you might get yours done before me though! My father in law owns a chain of body shops so I think I’m going to have the grill surround done in white frost and the inside in black. Prob is we live in Texas and he is in FL so might take a while to get them done shipping parts back and forth.

The “white” you ordered is correct, that’s what I got and they matched perfectly. Funny enough I emailed GMC corporate and they couldn’t tell me if it was the right color, shocker. I found them on eBay though a gem dealer (Bill Cramer Chevrolet) who had all the info I needed.

The bezels are actually a black chrome that come on the AT4, the actual black bezels that come on the elevation I don’t think will fit our trucks but I could be wrong. I would love to just order all of the parts from an elevation including the fender badges where it says the engine size but I can’t find them anywhere, might reach out to Bill Cramer gm again.

Sending you a pm on the lower bumper.

• Like 1

You going to do your door handles as while I assume? And I’ll post a pic of it when I get it done, as I’m hoping to have it wrapped up within the month. We all know how that can go though...And I’m with ya, it’d be nice to go the elevation route you mentioned. Make this a lot easier. Let me know if you find the badges, and I’ll do some looking as well.

• Like 1

You going to do your door handles as while I assume? And I’ll post a pic of it when I get it done, as I’m hoping to have it wrapped up within the month. We all know how that can go though...And I’m with ya, it’d be nice to go the elevation route you mentioned. Make this a lot easier. Let me know if you find the badges, and I’ll do some looking as well.

Definitely going to do the door handles. Wish I could just get them from gm like the mirror caps, guessing they might offer them down the road.

I found these handle covers in black that a few users on here have used to hold me over until I can get them painted or find new ones.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F193230974978

• Like 1

On 1/4/2020 at 6:35 PM, LT4NE said:

I don’t, I’m in Nebraska but I’d be interested in that. Are they the same? I know the bumper itself has a bunch of sensors in it, so I’m assuming there aren’t any in this piece, but would want to make sure it’s going to fit right up...do you have a picture of it?

I'd be interested in your chrome grille

Silverado990- I’ll keep you posted on it. Not sure if I’m going to keep it and sandblast it and have it painted or if I’ll just buy the aftermarket one above. I’d like to find someone who’s put that grill in to know if it’ll work for sure, but I’ll keep you posted.

That helps me a ton. Very much appreciate you finding that, and didn’t know the AT4 lower was even an option. Much appreciated! Anyone had any experience with this grill that you know of?

I have it in my garage

Pics coming

• Like 2