Anyone know if you can get the 2019 Denali grill and bumper insert in black?

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 9:17 PM, PabloK said:

It’s a very nice deep gloss.

Hopefully install it sooner than later!

6c16fe6a1de2722de672262a1130aa1d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/7/2020 at 7:22 PM, silverado990 said:

Do a write up on install.

Pablo,

you ever get that grille installed? 

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2020 at 10:17 PM, PabloK said:

It’s a very nice deep gloss.

Hopefully install it sooner than later!

6c16fe6a1de2722de672262a1130aa1d.jpg

This looks awesome! If you had to do it again would you go for the high gloss or matte?

• 6 months later...
On 1/4/2020 at 7:07 PM, hotrodz37 said:

I have the same exact truck and am in the process of doing the same.

The AT4 lower grill is part number 84176749 and you can get black tow hooks as well for I think around $40.

The fog light bezels are $150 or you can just have them vinyl wrapped for a bit less.

I swapped my mirror caps to the white frost ones and made a huge difference as well.

a5c46098ae0b4519511b9853d5494da3.jpg51bad3339a7ad841539ce34613825569.jpg

Any tips on removing the lower insert and mirror caps? 

On 1/4/2020 at 7:07 PM, hotrodz37 said:

I have the same exact truck and am in the process of doing the same.

The AT4 lower grill is part number 84176749 and you can get black tow hooks as well for I think around $40.

The fog light bezels are $150 or you can just have them vinyl wrapped for a bit less.

I swapped my mirror caps to the white frost ones and made a huge difference as well.

a5c46098ae0b4519511b9853d5494da3.jpg51bad3339a7ad841539ce34613825569.jpg

Any tips on removing the lower grille insert?

Sub to this thread!

I'm going through the same process. I had to get the Denali to get all of the luxury features that I wanted but I hate chrome.

my truck has 800 miles on it now. wheels are powder coated, all chrome emblems are removed. I want to rebage the truck eventually but in non-chrome and it will say Denali only, no GMC and certainly no Sierra. I blacked out the power steps with vinyl wrap and also vinyl wrapped the chrome bezel around the engine logo. I used my 3d printer to create a new engine logo free of chrome. Vinyl wrapped the chrome window trim in flat black. the Body shop is painting a new set of door handles and mirror caps in body color. and the plastidip (black base with graphite metalizer) should be here today for the front grille, fog light bezels, and lower front grill panel. I am on the fence about painting those pieces body color, but I feel the truck might actually look better with some contrast on the front end. it all goes well the plastidip job will match well with the dark silver metallic powder coating on the wheels. will definitely have to see how well it holds up over time. when I plastidip the grill I will also do the GMC logo, since I don't have a good way to remove it, I will leave it there but make it blend in some so its more subtle. I did this with the bow tie on my 2003 SS and it looked amazing.

what else...deleted the chrome lug nuts and replaced them with dark silver ones that match the wheels. Deleted the chrome recovery hooks completely. my truck is an on-road performance machine, not an off-roader. it doesn't need recovery hooks!

oh and I vinyl wrapped the chrome pieces on the key fobs...did I mention I hate chrome?

Edited by kodiakdenali

On 1/6/2020 at 3:45 PM, PabloK said:

Quality is good

Just opened her up

88584465c58858e574c87f337519c384.jpg8958a8f4d29e1c824ba598b208f2a6c9.jpgd66de9802beb19e7260895771f2d3e61.jpga4a58321def7c5c67d2dc0f69f3262ad.jpg

Does your truck have the front camera? I contacted this company a while back to ask about compatibility, they said this grill doesn't work with trucks that have the front camera. but you can actually see clearly what looks like an accommodation for the camera...I was hoping the person on the other end who replied to me just didn't know what they were talking about. but I held off when they told me it wouldn't work with my truck.

is it painted gloss black or is it just made of a glossy black material? any fitment issues at all with it? did your original GMC badge snap right in?

oh, and does the outsize bezel and the inner mesh area comes as separate pieces or is it all one piece? in some parts catalogs it looks like the OEM grill might actually be 2 pieces, I kind of want to paint the outer piece body color and the inner mesh in a dark silver for mine. if its separate pieces that would be much easier to do.

sorry for all the questions, but thanks for the info!

Edited by kodiakdenali

20 hours ago, Jrglenn1994 said:

Any tips on removing the lower grille insert?

I haven't removed mine yet but I've been under there looking at it.

you can see most if not all of the attachment points just by looking under the bumper. appears its held on by several bolts, a couple of them on the far left/right side are obscured by other pieces, but one of those ratcheting box wrenches should be able to get in there and remove them. there are I think 4 plastic clips which don't look too hard to remove and another series of clips which as far as I can tell are for alignment only (the ones along the bottom) they don't look like they actually hold it in.

if you get a chance to give it a try to remove that, please let us know how it went! I heard in another thread a dealership shop needing to remove much of the front end to replace this piece, but from looking at it I don't see why that would be necessary. those 2 or 4 bolts with the other piece of the bumper in front of them look like the only tricky part. but like I said, I'm pretty sure a gear wrench would get them out easily enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Thread bump. I'm looking to do the same on my truck. I ended up wrapping the grille, fog light bezels, skid plate, door handles, mirror caps, window trim, 5.3 badges, and GMC emblems. I'm not crazy about the wrap around the denali grille with chrome showing in the middle. I would like to do a color match painted grille surround and gloss black for the mesh/grille part. I can't find anywhere that has a primed grille though. I think I would have to buy the gloss black one and then have them sand it down then paint...Or rock the full gloss black for a while to see if I would like it.....I just got a quote for paint matched door handles, mirror caps, and new black tow hooks. I am thinking the paint match will look a little better on the door handles and mirror caps than gloss black. Should have went that route first because vinyl wrap is not as cheap as I thought it would be.

20201014_180410.jpg

side.jpg

Edited by Brent Long

Are you talking about the skid plate underneath the bumper? I also ordered one of those. The Vinyl inlays the shop did on that look like crap.

I ended up buying a gloss black denali grille from one of the links on this thread. I'm gonna have a quote about paint matching the outer trim (if the shop will do it), once I get that in next week. I'm hoping it isn't an issue with them to sand the gloss black down on the trim and respray with satin steal metallic. I guess it will kind of look like the elevation style but with a gloss black mesh grille.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2020 at 3:20 PM, hotrodz37 said:

Looks killer! Man, it’s amazing how much a set of wheels changes a truck. Honestly the handles aren’t that noticeable once the chrome wheels are gone.

My thought on the handles is that the chrome won’t work. My father in law owns a chain of body shops and said we could try it but he didn’t recommend it. My thought would just be to buy summit white handles and have them painted. But like you said, pretty hard to find handles when they aren’t an accessory yet.

I was looking at Yukon handles and they seems like would work but apparently the one pin on electrical plugs is different.

Also, saw you had your mud flaps off. I just ordered these and got them last week. They fill in that piece and look great.

https://www.sharptruck.com/truck-hardware-finishing-cap

Truck looks fantastic!  Mind if I ask what tire / wheel combo you have going there?  Appears to be a stock stance?  I just bought a 2021 Denali and although I love the truck, "daddy needs a new pair of shoes."

On 2/3/2020 at 3:58 PM, wizard4878 said:

thanks for the info,   I have recently been considering painting it pacific blue to match the truck...

You better make sure you do the prep properly if doing it yourself, or have it done professionally, the plastic chrome does not hold paint worth a damn if you skip any of the steps prior to painting it.

This topic was started a while back with a couple of us going through the same thing with our Denali's

Most of the same questions being asked here we already went through with our trucks.  Blacking out or reducing the chrome requires:

- paint it

- vinyl wrap

- plasti dip

- new parts

- live with it

I've blacked out my entire truck, mines black, and only thing left now on mine are the door handles which are being vinyl wrapped by my guy whenever he can find time for me.

Goodluck! 

Edited by 204Denali
spelling