All lights 6 high/auto fog -DIY 2019 5.3 Silverado

12 hours ago, Chrisj4 said:

I’m assuming these are the same for a custom. I had the fog lights put in by the dealer and for some reason I can’t get the diode to insert into pin #10 (the wire they installed with the fog light setup seems slightly thicker than the rest). This is the second night in a row I’ve spent around an hour trying to get this done... Any tips out there to help me out? ?‍♂️

Hey get the boost auto parts mod. They have a couple different ones. They work with wire taps. 
here’s a link for the auto fog lights mod. 

https://boostautoparts.com/products/1999-2020-gm-auto-fogs-mod

• Thanks 1

On 3/18/2020 at 9:36 PM, Rado5.319 said:

This diode installation allows all of the lights to remain on simultaneously when the high beams are activated on GM vehicles. The diode is super easy to install, you need $2 and 10 minutes. 9 of those minutes will be spent congratulating yourself.After diode placement your lights will function as follows:

• In auto mode- whenever your lights come on automatically the fogs will be on also.
  • Low Beams & Fogs- Only Low Beams & Fogs will be on
  • High Beams- Low Beams, Fog Lights, & High Beams will all be on (normally by default)  The vehicle turns off the fogs when in high beam mode, but this diode solves that.
  • MAKE SURE THE SIDE OF THE DIODE WITHOUT THE STRIPE IS IN THE 10 PIN. The diode allows electricity to travel in only one direction. 

13653F62-EDA1-4BC9-AD54-0FEBE2168248.jpeg

D5ED4761-D802-4173-A613-E725FB5B9601.gif

50EE94E3-2E4B-4E1C-966A-DCAC3848A964.jpeg

9459E68F-47FE-46C7-96A7-E63E5FBE948B.jpeg

With this are the fogs suppose to come on with the daytime running lights

Edited by Gerstein1989

• 6 months later...
On 5/24/2020 at 2:27 PM, EXSlider400 said:

EXSlider400,

Thank you very much for the information. I appreciate your willingness to share your knowledge. I didn't know I wanted to do these mods until I read your post! I was hoping you could answer a few questions for me?

2020 Sierra 1500 SLT

Foglights to DRL - could you share the plug/pin numbers and which way the diode goes?

Cargo lights w reverse - same. Plug/Pin numbers/diode direction please?

I've got the 1N4001 diodes in my Amazon cart. Those are the correct ones needed to accomplish these mods, right?

Thanks again for your help!

Daryl 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...