Hey all, I have a 2019 trail boss with an awful noise anytime the rest suspension is used (all the time because you know...)

I took it into the dealer and they "fixed" it with some grease.. but that has negative side effects, also it already wore off. So yeah. 

I just don't understand how this is even a thing. My 2013 didn't make any noises like this. My 2019 sounds like a 20 year old rust bucket. 

I went on Twitter, but now I question their ability to do anything. They are just going to tell the dealer to regrease it. 

Anybody else have this issue?

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2020 at 5:33 PM, Kharhaz said:

Hey all, I have a 2019 trail boss with an awful noise anytime the rest suspension is used (all the time because you know...)

I took it into the dealer and they "fixed" it with some grease.. but that has negative side effects, also it already wore off. So yeah. 

I just don't understand how this is even a thing. My 2013 didn't make any noises like this. My 2019 sounds like a 20 year old rust bucket. 

I went on Twitter, but now I question their ability to do anything. They are just going to tell the dealer to regrease it. 

Anybody else have this issue?

Holy ****** that is loud. mine has got squeak as well but not as loud.

My 18 sounded like that, grease was a temp fix and tightening U-bolts did nothing. I finally did the bicycle inner tube fix and the noise never came back. Search for it somewhere on the K2 forums. Cheap, easy (watch your fingers) and effective.  

• 8 months later...
On 7/21/2020 at 8:48 PM, silverado990 said:

I have the same exact problem with my 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500. It did not make the this noise when I bought it. Then after taking it to the dealer for another issue, The service rep mentioned a TSB regarding improper torque on my leave springs. They go ahead and retorque and all of sudden I have the noise.

CHEVROLET TSB #20NA022

2020 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 2500

• 1 year later...

I have this problem, and I’ve come to the realization that these trucks are trash.

I have 23,000 miles on my 2019 silverado LD and I’ve had SEVERAL issues, i.e. emergency brake light, water pump failed at 15k, squeaky brakes (2 dealers said the sound was normal, Lol), and now the clunking under the bed just started when doing slow parking lot or driveway maneuvers. Maybe it’s the leaf springs? It happens while turning the wheel over little bumps in my driveway. It’s loud enough, but I’m afraid the dealer will tell me it’s normal again. 3 year warranty just expired.

Here’s a question - if I trade in my truck will they ding my trade-in price since it has so many noises? I would think not since GM said these sounds are “normal” but we all know sales and service are different animals. I’m wondering if I should demand a letter in writing from the dealer that says these noises are normal?

I could never sell it to a private buyer like this…wouldn’t make it out of the driveway before they’d hear the clunking sound and squeaky brakes. Also it’s an asphalt princess. I have not abused it or modified anything.