Still haven't worked up the courage to do it but still on the list, however I did come across a site that sells Genuine GM accessories at quit a discount, https://www.shopchevyparts.com/

Z71 black badge for $63.75, https://www.shopchevyparts.com/decals-and-emblems/2022-silverado-1500-black-emblems-z71-bodyside-tailgate-set/85109485-p-92320186.html

Silverado RST black badge, etc for $120, https://www.shopchevyparts.com/decals-and-emblems/2022-silverado-1500-black-emblems-silverado-duramax-62l-rst-bodyside-tailgate/85592711-p-92320190.html

Edited by RedLT
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Masked the badge like the YT video. Used the heat gun and made a few passes over the badge just hot enough to be able to touch. Used the fishing line and started sawing up and down in an angled direction, the angle approach made it easier to saw through.

Once the badge is removed, I sprayed the 3M adhesive remover over the remaining glue. I ran the Eraser wheel over the glue in overlapping passes, applying the adhesive remover after each pass. It took about 3 passes to completely remove the glue. I think using the adhesive remover aided in reducing heat as it acted as a lubricant as well as removal agent.

Clean the surface with your choice of Isopropyl alcohol/APC. I used Meguiars polish to buff the surface to a clean reflective shine then applied Isopropyl alcohol/APC. Masked the area and heated the surface just slightly before applying the new badge.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RedLT said:

Masked the badge like the YT video. Used the heat gun and made a few passes over the badge just hot enough to be able to touch. Used the fishing line and started sawing up and down in an angled direction, the angle approach made it easier to saw through.

Once the badge is removed, I sprayed the 3M adhesive remover over the remaining glue. I ran the Eraser wheel over the glue in overlapping passes, applying the adhesive remover after each pass. It took about 3 passes to completely remove the glue. I think using the adhesive remover aided in reducing heat as it acted as a lubricant as well as removal agent.

Clean the surface with your choice of Isopropyl alcohol/APC. I used Meguiars polish to buff the surface to a clean reflective shine then applied Isopropyl alcohol/APC. Masked the area and heated the surface just slightly before applying the new badge.

Thanks for sharing, from the YT video to your method of completion. This will definitely help me out and I'm sure it will help others too especially for first timers.

• 2 weeks later...