Harvesting in Australia

lhjanzen

Yeah, It just depends what soil type you have I suppose. Im just not used to that cause we have a HEAVY clay soil we call Red River "Gumbo" and gotta work 2x a year. We'd kill ourselves spraying if we were zero till lol

• 3 weeks later...
I FINALLY found this after cleaning up... wanted to post this a while ago. Classified in Oz. Pricey.

img0618rp.jpg

Hahahahahahaha

That's crazy I could buy a brand new corvette and put another down payment on an apartment to get rental revenue for that

Sent from my Nokia 5190 using Tapatalk 2

What size header. What is the rig in a pic with a header on it? Big equipment for those single tires. Looks different compared to most combines & pickers now w/ duals.

I was the sales manager at the local Deere dealership for 8 years. I would try to hang out with Aussies at the product intro conventions. They were usually a hoot & here for a good time. One guy was impressed with all the pick ups that we had here. Did not get to follow up on what was better. Number, size, different choice? What did you see while you were there?

It was always a challenge to spec out one of those big combines or pickers and get ALL the choices right.

I hope it was a good trip down there.

What size header. What is the rig in a pic with a header on it? Big equipment for those single tires. Looks different compared to most combines & pickers now w/ duals.

I was the sales manager at the local Deere dealership for 8 years. I would try to hang out with Aussies at the product intro conventions. They were usually a hoot & here for a good time. One guy was impressed with all the pick ups that we had here. Did not get to follow up on what was better. Number, size, different choice? What did you see while you were there?

It was always a challenge to spec out one of those big combines or pickers and get ALL the choices right.

I hope it was a good trip down there.

All the headers were 45'. They could very well go 50', but would not be legal to transport. The operation I was with had 2 brand new S-690s and 5 9770's. I thought those single tires were little girly tires as well, but they are so limited to the width of the machine because of transportation. Of the three months I was there I saw 2 full size pick-ups, the one posted and a F150. The most popular ute was the Toyota Hilux and the fancy one to have was a Nissan Navara. The Hilux's were a dime a dozen it seemed. All vehicles are diesel.

The owner of this company has been buying Deere for a long time, and he is good friends with the ex no. 2 corporate John Deere guy in Australia, and so he got chosen with 1 other Aussie, 2 Canadian's, 2 Americans, and an Englishmen to actually test out the s690's at Moline under covers and darkness, he had to sign all these non-disclosure documents, and he got to be in a focus group on how to make the cab better. So it was a great and interesting guy to work for.

Archived