I have driven other trucks with no vib, but I have now had 2 in a row that did. My 16 Sierra SLT should be here in a few weeks. I ordered in the hopes they have changed something without informing the dealers and by ordering I get the latest of everything. My issue going forward is, if this turns out to be the glass slipper that truly works, how long do I keep it? Is the next set of tires going to cause me to go down the same path? I have decided whether it's good or not that I will trade for a Ford when the 16's or 17's have big rebates and 0% offers. If it vibs, I get a 16, if it doesn't I'll wait for a 17. I won't own it long enough to put tires on it either way.

By the way did any of you see GM's profit last qtr? Wall Street expected $1.21 per share, it was actually $1.39, but they can't fix these things.

• Like 1

Not sure if I've posted this or not. Got new tires installed about 2 weeks ago. Went up a size due to my level kit, so a LT275/60R20. Went with an all terrain (BFGoodrich All Terrain KO2) so figured the ride would be worse. Turns out, the tires were my 74+ issue. Even smoother while braking. Crazy. I got the tires not expecting it to fix anything and ready to trade the truck in. Now it rides great, may actually invest money into it now lol. I will say if the truck sets for an hour or so and the tires cool down I get a vibe in the truck at 70+ until they warm up, so about 3 minutes at 80mph.

Obviously I didn't have it near as bad as others have it, so I'm just lucky I needed new tires and the ones I wanted fixed my issue

Not sure if I've posted this or not. Got new tires installed about 2 weeks ago. Went up a size due to my level kit, so a LT275/60R20. Went with an all terrain (BFGoodrich All Terrain KO2) so figured the ride would be worse. Turns out, the tires were my 74+ issue. Even smoother while braking. Crazy. I got the tires not expecting it to fix anything and ready to trade the truck in. Now it rides great, may actually invest money into it now lol. I will say if the truck sets for an hour or so and the tires cool down I get a vibe in the truck at 70+ until they warm up, so about 3 minutes at 80mph.

Obviously I didn't have it near as bad as others have it, so I'm just lucky I needed new tires and the ones I wanted fixed my issue

congrats, if only we were that lucky

My local deal told me to have you call your dealer with your vin and see if you have the recall on the steering.

There is a known issue with some trucks that have a vibration in the steering wheel. I was told they can actually fix this issue.

Any chance you could get more detail on this? I've complained about vibration in the steering wheel and my dealer hasn't said anything about a recall.

"Maybe the colder climate and road conditions make the issue more apparent up north ???"

Whether it's GM, Ford, Ram, all other things being equal road conditions have to be a factor. And, rubber, plastics and such become more rigid and loose their elasticity as temps drop. I am really old and can recall when radials first came on the scene, lots of experimentation with various materials such as rayon, nylon and such. During those days when ones car sat overnight out in the cold it was standard practice to drive slow for the first few miles as the tires warmed up and the thump, thump, thump gradually decreased. Just a blast from the past :)

Glad to hear this, hoping I get the same results when I finally get around to getting new tires. My vibes were pretty bad when I first got the truck but after balancing (non-road force) it cured 80 to 90 % of the vibe problem. They had to put a ton of weights on mine though, even double stacking some of them. My truck was a Dec 2013 build and I didn't buy it till Sept. 2014 which probably was not good on the tires to sit that long.

Glad to hear this, hoping I get the same results when I finally get around to getting new tires. My vibes were pretty bad when I first got the truck but after balancing (non-road force) it cured 80 to 90 % of the vibe problem. They had to put a ton of weights on mine though, even double stacking some of them. My truck was a Dec 2013 build and I didn't buy it till Sept. 2014 which probably was not good on the tires to sit that long.

That's how mine was, real bad at first then got a road force and it cured it for a while. On these new tires though they didn't even road force them and I was expecting a vibe to still be there

I talked to a tire guy who services my companys fleet about road force balancing. He had one for a while and got rid of it because he said a normal tire balancer that is in good working order will balance a tire just as good in his opinion. We actually used to have balance our own tires at a job I had many years ago and we used a bubble balancer, very old school but worked every time.

• Like 1

"By the way did any of you see GM's profit last qtr? Wall Street expected $1.21 per share, it was actually $1.39, but they can't fix these things."

Well, trucks and suv's is where GM, Ford, Ram are making their profit. Sales are strong across the board for the whole bunch. Just a side note; when added together, the GM twins are outselling Ford. So, the tendency to suggest the problem(s) discussed in the thread are at a catastrophic level is not evident. Just saying.....

holy sh*t, GM showed up in the radio problem thread

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/156620-radio-reception-issues/page-74

That's hardly showing up! A cut-and-paste "call us and we'll be glad to help" posted doesn't mean much. And they do that at least once on each thread, probably so no one can accuse them of not responding at all! Even this thread has one of those responses if you look back far enough.