I'm wondering if my efforts have had anything to do with this. I received a "thank you" card from GM marketing. It was signed by a GM executive. I reached out to that individual via linked in and shared our concerns via a linkedin message. In my original message, I included a link to my website to help them see the severity of the issues in one place. Another individual reached out to me via linkedin to setup a call to discuss. I obliged as I would love to see this resolved for all of those who had issues.

Those that have accused me of not so nice things, sorry that you feel that way. Nothing would make me happier than seeing all of those that are frustrated to have an ear that is willing to listen and help them get the truck that they want. I'm fortunate to hvae been able to buy my way out of a vibrating truck, that isn't the same for everyone. Hopefully this effort from GM is a true effort in standing behind their product. Maybe we never get to 1,000,000 views :)

That could be a good thing, although unfortunately the people who post here and the people who you talk to on the customer assistance lines have basically no power to do anything to help you. So i really don't see it helping anyone, Unfortunately these trucks IMHO are either buy your way out, or deal with it. In the months I've been on here, I've seen less than one percent of people have the truck fixed, many have bought their way out, and many others have lost money by taking a buy back.

That could be a good thing, although unfortunately the people who post here and the people who you talk to on the customer assistance lines have basically no power to do anything to help you. So i really don't see it helping anyone, Unfortunately these trucks IMHO are either buy your way out, or deal with it. In the months I've been on here, I've seen less than one percent of people have the truck fixed, many have bought their way out, and many others have lost money by taking a buy back.

I guess I'm the 1% lol
  • Like 1

Well i got my new truck as a replacement for my vibrating 14 silverado. Its a 16 2LZ with the 6.2 L engine. Same as my old one. It drove beautifully for 300 kms . No vibration. Then it started to vibrate. It vibrates really bad for the first 5 minutes of a hwy drive then settles down to a minor vibration. This is exactly how my last truck started and progressively got worse over time. Dealer wants me to put more kms on it before they look at it. These trucks have been out for 3 years. Why isnt there a fix???

Well i got my new truck as a replacement for my vibrating 14 silverado. Its a 16 2LZ with the 6.2 L engine. Same as my old one. It drove beautifully for 300 kms . No vibration. Then it started to vibrate. It vibrates really bad for the first 5 minutes of a hwy drive then settles down to a minor vibration. This is exactly how my last truck started and progressively got worse over time. Dealer wants me to put more kms on it before they look at it. These trucks have been out for 3 years. Why isnt there a fix???

hate to say it, but im not surprised

Hate to hear your new truck is vibrating

Why do some vibrate and some dont?

I didn't know about this issue when, I bought mine, this is even more weird, I bought mine used with 5thsnd miles on it at a ford dealership

What was the process you had to go through to get your replacement vehicle? How much out of pocket did the replacement cost you? Did you go through your local dealer for this or GM directly? Thanks in advance for your response.

Hate to hear your new truck is vibrating

Why do some vibrate and some dont?

I didn't know about this issue when, I bought mine, this is even more weird, I bought mine used with 5thsnd miles on it at a ford dealership

There is really no rhyme or reason to why some vibrate and others don't. Some develop the vibrations later than others, I started noticing mine around 700 miles, some people didn't get theres until 10k miles. My theory is that they all do it, and some are just so minimal that the drivers don't notice it. Regardless, they the trucks shouldn't be vibrating at all. The fact that you bought it at a Ford dealer really doesn't mean anything, if you look around the thread, there are a lot of people trading them because they have began noticing the vibration and couldn't get it fixed. Unfortunately I'm now looking into it again, as I have come to realize these issues will never be fixed, and I spend too much time driving to deal with them. I have also been looking into getting a class action law suit going, and hope I have finally found just the firm to do it. Trading the vehicles if purchased before the issue is well known, will not affect your ability to participate, so I am seriously looking to get rid of this Chevy POS.

Edited by Jesse D

There is really no rhyme or reason to why some vibrate and others don't. Some develop the vibrations later than others, I started noticing mine around 700 miles, some people didn't get theres until 10k miles. My theory is that they all do it, and some are just so minimal that the drivers don't notice it. Regardless, they the trucks shouldn't be vibrating at all. The fact that you bought it at a Ford dealer really doesn't mean anything, if you look around the thread, there are a lot of people trading them because they have began noticing the vibration and couldn't get it fixed. Unfortunately I'm now looking into it again, as I have come to realize these issues will never be fixed, and I spend too much time driving to deal with them. I have also been looking into getting a class action law suit going, and hope I have finally found just the firm to do it, trading the vehicles if purchased before the issue is well know will not affect your ability to participate, so I am seriously looking to get rid of this Chevy POS.

Man that sucks, we have 3 silverado two 14's and one 15's model in the family highest milage one is 44thsnd no issues I hope mine and my parents stay way

Have not posted in some time.

The dealer RF balanced and was fairly decent but slowly felt like it crept back nowhere as bad though.

Fast Forward to a week ago, oil change, rotate tires, discover leak in the radiator.. warranty work. Tire rotation and we are back to vibrations.

Voiced my displeasure, in less than a year:

Vibrations can't fix, minimize but not gone

AFM vibration

Steering vibration

Console shakes constantly

AC went out

Now radiator has a leak, crack, hole

So they give me as a loaner a 2015 Crew V6, 4X4 with 20 inch wheels and 3 whole miles.

The steering vibration is much worse than mine but the Ride is way less harsh and none of the vibrations in AFM or console like mine has

• Like 1

Update 1/4 purchased. 12 miles on it. Put 250 personal miles on it. 33 days of ownership. 19 days in shop.

2/5 service manager called. 2 of the 4 perfectly RFB tires don't meet GM specs. Tires will be in Monday.

COME ON GM!!! JUST BUY IT BACK!!! FIRST PAYMENT NOT DUE TILL FEB 16TH!!!

PLEASE..

I guess I'm the 1% lol

You need to get rid of those new tires, they are obviously defective if they don't let your truck vibrate anymore ;)

But I am happy for you, hope it lasts. Mine was "fixed" several times only to have the vibration coma back a week or two later

Edited by C6Bill
  • Like 1

GM Customer Service posting back to back to back cut and paste apologies definetly don't seem genuine and they just makes you look like fools, almost like you're taunting folks to attack you. However, this is a true representation of GM's current lackluster attitude towards its customers.

Edited by 14LTZZ71
  • Like 1

This is why I have not even started taking mine in yet. It is a 39 month lease so I figured the lease would be over by the time I even heard anything of a fix.

Gm customer service is useless,I have been dealing with vibration on my 14 Sierra since new. I finally contacted the bbb and guess who calls the next day. After a couple weeks of back and forth the rep tells me yesterday there is nothing wrong with my truck and he has nothing to offer for the countless times at the dealership for the vibration and many other issues and I need to go toward with the bbb since I didn't like his answer. My truck is in the shop right now and the 16 sierra I'm driving is also a vibrator with wheels.

Hello taf2179,

Our team would like to apologize for the inconveniences you’ve encountered with your Sierra. We are glad to hear you’re currently working with your dealer to work towards a resolution. If you would like to further discuss your situation, please feel free to send us a private message.

Best,

Brandon J.

GM Customer Care

GM Customer Service posting back to back to back cut and paste apologies definetly don't seem genuine and they just makes you look like fools, almost like you're taunting folks to attack you. However, it is a true representation of GM's current lackluster attitude towards it customers.

You know, how do we even know if this is GM or not???

I can change my avitar and member title to say the same thing. You can see I changed the my title to "Fake- Verified GM Representatives"

Edited by rshad
  • Like 1