You know, how do we even know if this is GM or not???

I can change my avitar and member title to say the same thing. You can see I changed the my title to "Fake- Verified GM Representatives"

Interesting, so what happens if you put "verified GM representative"? Do the forum police come looking for you?

I thought you had to actually be verified to use these titles.

You describe mine except we get the vibration in the seat at freeway speed of about 80mph. Mine is not the drive train because it is smooth on good roads and worst on a road with small evenly spaced ridges like concrete road joints or asphalt seams that start to appear where each separate pad of asphalt starts to heave with age. More noticeable in winter. I'm baffled on this one wondering if it's the Mag Ride shocks. Seats aren't real solid so maybe another possibility. At first I thought it was driveline or rear end but mine only vibrates at 80+ or - 10 and only on certain rough roads. Running my Michelin studless tires that didn't vibrate on my 2014 so not them unless I'm beginning to get some tread separation. Nothing visible on exterior of tires and just drove 1500 miles with no change. Maybe the stiffer body mounts contribute but my 2014 was identical truck except for the Mag Ride shocks on my 2016. Any other thoughts?

Good Afternoon Ron.s,

We certainly understand your displeasure with your Sierra’s vibration concern. This is not the experience we want you to have with our brand. If you wouldn’t mind, could you send us a private message so we can discuss your concern further?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Brandon J.

GM Customer Care

They probably get commission based on the number of forum members they respond to. "Hello, this is so-n-so blah blah blah I really care about your concern regarding your trucks vibration however, our engineers suck and we are unable to effective repair this issue. Have a great day!"

I have had 3 repair attempts on my 2015 CC Silverado. I have had a consistent vibration at highway speeds. I had to open a case with the BBB after the second because GM refused proceed. After opening the case with the BBB they agreed to continue. They road forced balanced the tires again and used the hose clamp method to balance the driveshaft. The issue is slightly better however GM has refused to continue with any more work. They said any remaining vibration was a "characteristic" of the vehicle. I asked about the house clamps being a temp. Fix and requested a professional driveshaft balance. They once again refused. I am very disappointed, I as well as my extended family have been loyal GM customers for 40+ years. I have a scheduled arbitration later this month. I am so disappointed especially that they will not properly balance / fix the driveshaft.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have had 3 repair attempts on my 2015 CC Silverado. I have had a consistent vibration at highway speeds. I had to open a case with the BBB after the second because GM refused proceed. After opening the case with the BBB they agreed to continue. They road forced balanced the tires again and used the hose clamp method to balance the driveshaft. The issue is slightly better however GM has refused to continue with any more work. They said any remaining vibration was a "characteristic" of the vehicle. I asked about the house clamps being a temp. Fix and requested a professional driveshaft balance. They once again refused. I am very disappointed, I as well as my extended family have been loyal GM customers for 40+ years. I have a scheduled arbitration later this month. I am so disappointed especially that they will not properly balance / fix the driveshaft.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

you will probably receive a response from a "verified GM customer service representative" telling you how sorry they are and how they would like to help you with this issue.

Edit: Don't be fooled by their bogus interpretation of caring for customers

Edited by 14LTZZ71

These trucks are frustrating. Want to believe in GM but losing faith. too many issues and too sensitive of a design... I had my 2014 Dbl cab z-71 trade assisted swapped in 8/2015 after 10 tires and a new ring and pinion. . Drove 8 couldn't find a smooth one, waited till the next truck load came in at the dealer with the color i wanted. Drove it and it was noticeably smoother. my 2015 dbl cab is noticeably better, and pretty smooth on the highway. smooth ones are out there.

Last week I towed my 400 lb sled on a 10' aluminum 2 place open sled trailer. It vibrates bad from 50-60 mph. Cant believe it, its annoying type of vibration too with 2-3 seconds vibration then smooth for 2-3 seconds, then repeats all over again. Brought the sled and trailer to the dealer, today. went for a test ride with tech to show exactly what is going on.. He agreed with the vibration . get a call this afternoon they couldn't find anything wrong.. Pico scope shows okay,!! I asked for the scope reading. The time trace clearly shows the harmonic in the raw signal capture with the repetitive peak accelerations,, however the tech picked the smoothest portion of the time capture to perform the harmonic analysis of the raw data to come up with the pico reading. They had the nerve to tell me at least mine was better than the new lot truck they towed with to compare mine against. I thought i had a good truck , i wont accept this as normal. I'm tired with this and the looks i get as a customer at the dealership. I had enough repair logs and attempts to push the lemon law, and win, with my first truck and i settled with this trade assistance, hind site i should have gotten 100% of my money back an taken the 2014 lemon off the market! . I'm pretty sure this vibration is different than most but the dealership seems to give up and forget how to diagnose because of a garbage pico measurement. Total bs.

These trucks are frustrating. Want to believe in GM but losing faith. too many issues and too sensitive of a design... I had my 2014 Dbl cab z-71 trade assisted swapped in 8/2015 after 10 tires and a new ring and pinion. . Drove 8 couldn't find a smooth one, waited till the next truck load came in at the dealer with the color i wanted. Drove it and it was noticeably smoother. my 2015 dbl cab is noticeably better, and pretty smooth on the highway. smooth ones are out there.

Last week I towed my 400 lb sled on a 10' aluminum 2 place open sled trailer. It vibrates bad from 50-60 mph. Cant believe it, its annoying type of vibration too with 2-3 seconds vibration then smooth for 2-3 seconds, then repeats all over again. Brought the sled and trailer to the dealer, today. went for a test ride with tech to show exactly what is going on.. He agreed with the vibration . get a call this afternoon they couldn't find anything wrong.. Pico scope shows okay,!! I asked for the scope reading. The time trace clearly shows the harmonic in the raw signal capture with the repetitive peak accelerations,, however the tech picked the smoothest portion of the time capture to perform the harmonic analysis of the raw data to come up with the pico reading. They had the nerve to tell me at least mine was better than the new lot truck they towed with to compare mine against. I thought i had a good truck , i wont accept this as normal. I'm tired with this and the looks i get as a customer at the dealership. I had enough repair logs and attempts to push the lemon law, and win, with my first truck and i settled with this trade assistance, hind site i should have gotten 100% of my money back an taken the 2014 lemon off the market! . I'm pretty sure this vibration is different than most but the dealership seems to give up and forget how to diagnose because of a garbage pico measurement. Total bs.

unfortunately now you have to get them to admit that the vibration in your current truck is "not a normal characteristic of the truck" and then get them to attempt to fix it 4 times. Damn....you're starting all over again with your second vibrator like so many others we have seen on this and other forums. good luck!!

Edited by 14LTZZ71

After taking a friends Silverado for a drive and reporting all is well with it I have been in some discussions with my dealer. I believe they are willing to go as far as a buy back but I'm not at that stage yet. They asked me to drive a 2016 Sierra just to see if it was the same as mine. Guess what vibrations... but has nice bright head lights. I was also told the dealer owners 2016 High Country Vibrates, so at this point there's no use in pursuing the buy back. I could just end up with money out of pocket and another vibrator.

I had an opportunity to speak with the mechanics for a while and to talk about the symptoms my Sierra has. I am now looking down another avenue. Its amazing what gets lost in translation between the service writer and the mechanic. After they heard my version they are almost convinced my vibration is all due to ECM and TCM programming. As an initial step they want my truck back to check ECM programming to see if its current but what the mechanic really wants to do and off the books has suggested for other customers is a Diablo Tuner. Deactivate the AFM and get my transmission shifting properly. The GM program is only about fuel economy and not performance. He basically said if GM changed anything it was the same as what Volkswagen is facing with the emissions scandal so it ain't gonna happen. The mechanic says my poor 5.3 liter, 4 cylinder is stuck in high gear and that's what causing my vibration and the drone noise that goes with it. He acknowledged its wrong to have to pay for a tuner on a new pickup but its cheaper than the loss trading to another vehicle.

After taking a friends Silverado for a drive and reporting all is well with it I have been in some discussions with my dealer. I believe they are willing to go as far as a buy back but I'm not at that stage yet. They asked me to drive a 2016 Sierra just to see if it was the same as mine. Guess what vibrations... but has nice bright head lights. I was also told the dealer owners 2016 High Country Vibrates, so at this point there's no use in pursuing the buy back. I could just end up with money out of pocket and another vibrator.

I had an opportunity to speak with the mechanics for a while and to talk about the symptoms my Sierra has. I am now looking down another avenue. Its amazing what gets lost in translation between the service writer and the mechanic. After they heard my version they are almost convinced my vibration is all due to ECM and TCM programming. As an initial step they want my truck back to check ECM programming to see if its current but what the mechanic really wants to do and off the books has suggested for other customers is a Diablo Tuner. Deactivate the AFM and get my transmission shifting properly. The GM program is only about fuel economy and not performance. He basically said if GM changed anything it was the same as what Volkswagen is facing with the emissions scandal so it ain't gonna happen. The mechanic says my poor 5.3 liter, 4 cylinder is stuck in high gear and that's what causing my vibration and the drone noise that goes with it. He acknowledged its wrong to have to pay for a tuner on a new pickup but its cheaper than the loss trading to another vehicle.

Well at least your dealership is willing to admit that there is a problem and that's a step in the right direction however, this probably wouldn't be the case if the owner didn't own a vibrator also.

By the sound of your conversation with them at least they will not give you a hard time if you get an aftermarket tune, not all dealerships are like that.

Edit: I would love for a dealership to tell me, "hey, just get an aftermarket tune like Diablo"

Edit: and I see that you're verified too, it always helps when you're "verified", lol

Edited by 14LTZZ71
  • Like 1

Have you checked your trailer tires for correct balance? Most trailer outfits do not balance trailer wheels at all and tires they use are sometime of horrible quality and badly out of round. A defective or badly out of balance railer tire could be contributing greatly to your issue here. Anyway something to look into, at leas you will eliminate one possible source.

Edited by pm26

Well at least your dealership is willing to admit that there is a problem and that's a step in the right direction however, this probably wouldn't be the case if the owner didn't own a vibrator also.

By the sound of your conversation with them at least they will not give you a hard time if you get an aftermarket tune, not all dealerships are like that.

Edit: I would love for a dealership to tell me, "hey, just get an aftermarket tune like Diablo"

Edit: and I see that you're verified too, it always helps when you're "verified", lol

Today's visit was an eye opener. The dealer was saying what a lot of us are saying to some degree. They all vibrate, some worse than others. The cause can be many different things but the conduit is the same, the stiff frame. So the fix appears to be new tires, shocks, rear ends, axles etc etc etc so how do you fix that and which one is it? We need a NASCAR pit crew I guess, to adjust our trucks depending on the weather and I mean this literally. Anybodies truck vibrate more when its warm? Fortunately today I got speak to the pit crew and I hope there's results. Service manager said today "We don't design them" but boy do they get the blame for all the problems. I've lost my cool a couple times. They can't do anything if its not GM authorized. If there's no TSB their hands are tied. GM won't cover the parts.

Its nice to see the Verified GM rep here posting because that's a sure sign somethings up. Unfortunately I think we all know its just PR. There's a lot of folks here with problems and the Verified rep only picks one here and there. Whats the criteria to be chosen.. blue truck maybe red? Pretty random if you ask me. Not getting my hopes up lol. I was talking to my dealer today and they say you "Verified GM Representative" don't have any solutions.