Traded my 14 for a 16 this past Saturday. Within 5 miles after leaving the dealership my wife looked at me and stated "why is it shaking" I said I don't know. Put 100 mile on it between Saturday and Sunday. Could definitely feel it at speeds around 75 mph. Called dealer first thing Monday and took it in at 2:00. They did the normal RFB and stated to try it. same thing and right back to dealership. My salesman and I took 2 others for a ride and neither was completely smooth. After reading all these posts yesterday I went straight to Advance and bought clamps and put them on. Hopefully tonight I will test this fix.

My fault as I didn't drive the vehicle before purchase. Honestly, brand new didn't think is was necessary. No doubt I would not have purchased it.

So now Im at the mercy of the clamps or see if a fix is ever found. How disappointing.

I would definitely tell them to give you back your 2014

Traded my 14 for a 16 this past Saturday. Within 5 miles after leaving the dealership my wife looked at me and stated "why is it shaking" I said I don't know. Put 100 mile on it between Saturday and Sunday. Could definitely feel it at speeds around 75 mph. Called dealer first thing Monday and took it in at 2:00. They did the normal RFB and stated to try it. same thing and right back to dealership. My salesman and I took 2 others for a ride and neither was completely smooth. After reading all these posts yesterday I went straight to Advance and bought clamps and put them on. Hopefully tonight I will test this fix.

My fault as I didn't drive the vehicle before purchase. Honestly, brand new didn't think is was necessary. No doubt I would not have purchased it.

So now Im at the mercy of the clamps or see if a fix is ever found. How disappointing.

In the meantime you can change your forum name to "Trey's Shaky". Sorry for your bad luck. Sounds like your 2014 truck was a good one.

Edited by pm26

It has been a long time since I replied to this issue, i had a 2014 Silverado Z71 2WD CC 5.3 Short-bed 3.42 with Goodyear Wrangler 18" tires that shook like a hooker on prom night.

Traded it in on a 2015 Silverado Z71 2WD CC 5.3 Short-bed 3.42 with Goodyear Wrangler 18" tires, had absolutely NO shakes when I bought it, at 12k it developed a shake and I had my dealership RFB the tires, they said they could not RFB one of them due to out of round and rotated it back to the passenger rear, now first of all if you have a bad tire due to out of round you do NOT leave it on the truck! it is defective! it should be replaced! do you hear me GM??

I took it to Discount Tire and they replaced the tire for free, world of difference but it still vibes a bit. I tried something.. when I first bought the truck it had 37psi all the way around so I took it back to Discount and had them put 37psi all the way around.

ZERO VIBES!!!

WTH? this makes no sense but it worked in this case, does it relieve some of the pressure off of the sidewalls? who knows or maybe it just makes the suspension work the way it is designed but in this case I am quite happy now.

Try changing your air pressure and see if that helps.

It has been a long time since I replied to this issue, i had a 2014 Silverado Z71 2WD CC 5.3 Short-bed 3.42 with Goodyear Wrangler 18" tires that shook like a hooker on prom night.

Traded it in on a 2015 Silverado Z71 2WD CC 5.3 Short-bed 3.42 with Goodyear Wrangler 18" tires, had absolutely NO shakes when I bought it, at 12k it developed a shake and I had my dealership RFB the tires, they said they could not RFB one of them due to out of round and rotated it back to the passenger rear, now first of all if you have a bad tire due to out of round you do NOT leave it on the truck! it is defective! it should be replaced! do you hear me GM??

I took it to Discount Tire and they replaced the tire for free, world of difference but it still vibes a bit. I tried something.. when I first bought the truck it had 37psi all the way around so I took it back to Discount and had them put 37psi all the way around.

ZERO VIBES!!!

WTH? this makes no sense but it worked in this case, does it relieve some of the pressure off of the sidewalls? who knows or maybe it just makes the suspension work the way it is designed but in this case I am quite happy now.

This might explain to some degree why some people claim the vibration is worse under certain temperature extremes. Your tire pressure will vary several PSI with variations in temperature.

I've tried the clamps in front and behind the axle. No improvement with them behind. The front changed the vibration but didn't get rid of it all together (I have the steering vibration).

I have an appointment with a different dealership in two weeks to drop it off. Reasoning behind the wait is they said they are expecting a new tool from GM to help track down vibrations. They said it's a 3 way pico that shows horizontal and vertical axis to pinpoint what's vibrating vs an older system that only showed them one plane.

I'll use the time in between to play with the clamps in different spots as well as changing up the tire pressures a bit.

I've tried the clamps in front and behind the axle. No improvement with them behind. The front changed the vibration but didn't get rid of it all together (I have the steering vibration).

I have an appointment with a different dealership in two weeks to drop it off. Reasoning behind the wait is they said they are expecting a new tool from GM to help track down vibrations. They said it's a 3 way pico that shows horizontal and vertical axis to pinpoint what's vibrating vs an older system that only showed them one plane.

I'll use the time in between to play with the clamps in different spots as well as changing up the tire pressures a bit.

Interesting that it changed the steering wheel vibe. Most of us that are trying the clamps are trying to eliminate the rear end vibe causing the seats and console to shake.

ZERO VIBES!!!

You stated 37 psi to 37 psi, Im guessing a typo?

You stated 37 psi to 37 psi, Im guessing a typo?

Actually yes well kinda sorta no.

When I bought the truck it had 37psi all the way around, during the last rotations (and there have been a few) when they RFB'd the truck they dropped it back to 35 all the way around so I had it bumped back up to 37.

I know it sounds a bit broken but that is what I did.

Interesting that it changed the steering wheel vibe. Most of us that are trying the clamps are trying to eliminate the rear end vibe causing the seats and console to shake.

Those vibrate too. I guess I just feel it the most in the steering wheel. My vibration is a subtle one. Doesn't shake the coffee out of my cup but it is noticeable/annoying.

I have the same vibration issues with my 2015 Sierra starts at 75mph had to dealer three times and going back again they keep balancing the tires and it doesnt fix it. I hope they look into other options. I also have the following other issues with the truck

1. Front dash heater vent plastic is bubbled up and the dealer has replaced three times with the same issue and i was told to wait for six months until the manufacturer has another production run

2. In auto 4wd mode there is a noise sounds like it is a bearing or something, dealer states they cannot hear it

3. USB ports give feedback theough speakers when phones are plugged in dealer dismisses it as a phone cord issue which i have tried three different cords and have the same issue

4. The door actuator went bad the dealer replaced and broke the door panel and replaced the door panel with a new one that looks to be cut they are replacing it again

The truck had 5k miles on it....need help please