Back from another round of vibration services.

Tires RF'd at dealer 1.5 months ago. Highest was 21. Drove better. Rotated tires last week drove worse.

They RF'd Tuesday. One tire was now 39. Asked if I was doing burnouts, uh no not with BF Goodriches.

Anyhow, was told that since I have a 275/65/18 that District GM would not even look at it in the future.

I told him we can put the OEM tires back on as I still have them and we can start the song and dance again.

The truck rides better but who knows for how long.

Two things come to mind....

First, what is the stock tire size?

Second, it definitely seems that the tires in these trucks are "degrading" with use, since the RFV goes up. That is assuming that it was measured properly both times, on a properly calibrated machine, etc. But by the owners comments, the vehicle is better, then gets worse.

I can't believe GM hadn't gone back to the tire manufacturers and said WTF is going on here? Why are these tires going up in RFV?

Something has to be going on here.

How much weight is on that rim?

If these are 1/4 ounce weights, then a total of 2 1/4 ounces is well within normal limits (assuming there is not a crap load of weights on the inner lip of the wheel too). If these are 1/2 ounce weights, then the total is 4.5 ounces, which is excessive for a decent tire/wheel.

• Like 1

Can these rims change density or have material flow (elasticity) changing mass locations? Remember they are made in China

I would think that tires are much more likely to have this problem. Sometimes steel belts come loose in cheaply made tires when they get hot from extended driving and cause all kinds of wobble and vibration issues.

I still believe that crappy tires and incompetent balancing techniques account for a substantial number of vibration claims on these trucks.

And speaking of "made in China" GM is already building a Buick SUV factory in China. They intend to sell these vehicles in the USA too. It would not surprise me if they moved all of pickup truck and SUV assembly lines over there in the near future.

Edited by pm26

Out of curiosity, has changing tires fixed many peoples vibration issues?

My 14 vibrates some however it is inconsistent and frustrating. Dealer did RFB etc etc and said it's good, however it's no better than when I dropped it off. One thing I have noticed is that the vibration is very sensitive on the air pressure in my tires (still stock Goodyears). I can change at what speed the vibration happens or how strong it is based on PSI. I wonder if some of the inconsistency has to do with the pressure in my tires fluctuating as well. Truck sits in a heated garage all night at 50 degree and one kind of shake driving to work, however sitting in a parking lot at work where the outside temp has been dancing around 0 vibrates different on the way home.

Just for fun I might swap wheels/tires with my brothers 08 Silverado this weekend and see how it vibrates.

Out of curiosity, has changing tires fixed many peoples vibration issues?

My 14 vibrates some however it is inconsistent and frustrating. Dealer did RFB etc etc and said it's good, however it's no better than when I dropped it off. One thing I have noticed is that the vibration is very sensitive on the air pressure in my tires (still stock Goodyears). I can change at what speed the vibration happens or how strong it is based on PSI. I wonder if some of the inconsistency has to do with the pressure in my tires fluctuating as well. Truck sits in a heated garage all night at 50 degree and one kind of shake driving to work, however sitting in a parking lot at work where the outside temp has been dancing around 0 vibrates different on the way home.

Just for fun I might swap wheels/tires with my brothers 08 Silverado this weekend and see how it vibrates.

I went from the stock Goodyear Eagle LS2 to BFGOODRICH All Terrain KO2 tires (went up a size) and it eliminated my vibration, also improved my ride

Brand new Silverado in the shop for vibration-3 days and counting. No communication from dealer whatsoever. They were kind enough and put me an Cruze as a loaner???[/quot

What state you in?

Anyone out there responded and heard back from GM customer service that was posting on here? Just curious.

They responded to me after several days on the radio thread! Everything is still up in the air except better reception.

Update

Purchased 1/4. 25 days straight at dealer.

2/11 service manager called. Tried 5 more tires to replace the 2 that were not up to GM's spec. Took for test ride and sent pico results to GM.. All did not meet GM's spec's. GM is calling Goodyear to see what's going on. If I'm correct that's 11 new tires that are no good. Feel bad for service manager (great guy) he wants to figure out what's wrong so bad but his hands are tied.

I'M SPEECHLESS

If these are 1/4 ounce weights, then a total of 2 1/4 ounces is well within normal limits (assuming there is not a crap load of weights on the inner lip of the wheel too). If these are 1/2 ounce weights, then the total is 4.5 ounces, which is excessive for a decent tire/wheel.

only weights on the wheel. and they are 1/4 weights :)

just checked

I asked in an earlier post about the clamps .... Told my buddy who has a 14 shaker .... No feedback yet .....

I have a 15 cc z71 ..... Smooth as a baby bottom .... No vibration ..... I did have a 2.5 rc lift front and rear and 275 70 18 bfg ko2s put on at 500 miles ..... 3500 miles now and still smooth ..... So no they don't all vibrate and shake , not yet atleast .....

Hi guys! Sorry to meet like this.

Just bought a 2016 LTZ CC Tuesday night, on my Wednesday work commute noticed the shaking around 65-75 MPH. Found this thread and others and am super disappointed, hoping for something simple but am fearing the worst.

Brought it in for service yesterday and they took her in today. Will see. While the tech was entering my info I could see all the other customers for the day and there was a '15 clear as day.

"BUY BACK FROM CHEVY FOR VIBRATION PROBLEMS"

Glad to see there is a community here, sad to see my 8 mile odometer truck in the shop already. Will keep everyone posted.