Today's visit was an eye opener. The dealer was saying what a lot of us are saying to some degree. They all vibrate, some worse than others. The cause can be many different things but the conduit is the same, the stiff frame. So the fix appears to be new tires, shocks, rear ends, axles etc etc etc so how do you fix that and which one is it? We need a NASCAR pit crew I guess, to adjust our trucks depending on the weather and I mean this literally. Anybodies truck vibrate more when its warm? Fortunately today I got speak to the pit crew and I hope there's results. Service manager said today "We don't design them" but boy do they get the blame for all the problems. I've lost my cool a couple times. They can't do anything if its not GM authorized. If there's no TSB their hands are tied. GM won't cover the parts.

No, they don't all vibrate! There are over 1.5 million of these on the road and you are saying they all vibrate? It would be a major news story if that was the case. Every vehicle on the road vibrates but if it vibrates enough for you to notice then that is not good. You got screwed on a vibrating truck like myself and others but less than 5% of the 2014 trucks have a true vibration problem. If tires don't fix it then the only true fix is to trade it to another brand and move on with life. This thread is over 2 years old and no fix for the problem and there will never be a true fix because it does not effect enough vehicles for GM to worry about.

Why don't more of you spend $18 on a leaf spring clamp and try it. Try in front and behind the axle.

Its not much more work then posting in this thread. There are several conformed trucks fixed with this simple change.

Is it more fun to post that your truck shakes and GM wont fix it?

I decided not to play the game with GM and found a fix on my own. Love my truck now.

Why don't more of you spend $18 on a leaf spring clamp and try it. Try in front and behind the axle.

Its not much more work then posting in this thread. There are several conformed trucks fixed with this simple change.

I decided not to play the game with GM and found a fix on my own. Love my truck now.

I am not mechanically inclined in any way. Where would I buy them, and how hard is it to put on?

I have had 3 repair attempts on my 2015 CC Silverado. I have had a consistent vibration at highway speeds. I had to open a case with the BBB after the second because GM refused proceed. After opening the case with the BBB they agreed to continue. They road forced balanced the tires again and used the hose clamp method to balance the driveshaft. The issue is slightly better however GM has refused to continue with any more work. They said any remaining vibration was a "characteristic" of the vehicle. I asked about the house clamps being a temp. Fix and requested a professional driveshaft balance. They once again refused. I am very disappointed, I as well as my extended family have been loyal GM customers for 40+ years. I have a scheduled arbitration later this month. I am so disappointed especially that they will not properly balance / fix the driveshaft.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is not cool at all. I really hope your arbitration meeting goes well!

If it's a "characteristic" of the vehicle it should be listed on the window sticker as an option.

Also, it's not a "characteristic" of all Silverados only YOURS and the rest of our trucks that vibrate.

If EVERY GM truck had the vibration that was noticeable then it could be a characteristic, but since they do not it is an issue that needs to be corrected.

Great suggestion, why doesn't GM buy a shitload of these clamps and try them on the vibrating trucks in front of and behind the axle. They are only $18, then everyone will love their truck and won't bother others by coming to this thread and posting.

• Like 1

Could you get the same fix from shims between the axle and leaf springs? Are the spring clamps reducing vibration of the overload spring or changing the pinion angle?

any parts store in the section with trailer hitches.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/autocraft-leaf-spring-clamp-kit-1-set-ac131401-13-140/10053472-p

Its a bolt with two 90 degree bends and two nuts.

You literally set it over the leaf springs, put the wash on, put the nut on and tighten it down.

Takes 2 to 3 min per side.

It does not change the pinion angle.

It puts tension on the over load, pulling it into the leaf springs thus changing the compression rate of the springs.

My early guess is stock empty trucks need it in front of the axle and lifted trucks need it in back. This is a very early guess.

I have talk to two guys with each setup that no longer have a vibration.

The local dealership is testing it on new trucks. Hopefully they will tell me what they find.

Edited by frenchsquared

Great suggestion, why doesn't GM buy a shitload of these clamps and try them on the vibrating trucks in front of and behind the axle. They are only $18, then everyone will love their truck and won't bother others by coming to this thread and posting.

My local dealership is testing that idea.

If they can prove it to GM they are going to get the engineers down and try to get GM to do just that.

Could you get the same fix from shims between the axle and leaf springs? Are the spring clamps reducing vibration of the overload spring or changing the pinion angle?

No. I have a lift kit, so I have tilted blocks.

Its not the pinion angle that is causing it and the clamps have no effect on pinion angle.

My local dealership is testing that idea.

If they can prove it to GM they are going to get the engineers down and try to get GM to do just that.

But haven't others on this forum tried this leaf spring clamp idea and it didn't change their vibration?

But haven't others on this forum tried this leaf spring clamp idea and it didn't change their vibration?

More have tried it and it fixed the issue then not.

I am only aware of one person who tried it and said the ride is better but still shakes. (steering shake)

One person who tried it and said the truck road a lot stiffer. He took them off.

I am aware of 5 or 6 who said it stopped and the truck instantly road 100% better.

If 1 person tried it, for $18 I was willing to try it. And it worked. My wife even noticed how much nicer the truck road.

If it doesn't work, OMG your out $18 and 5 min. If you really care about the $18 take them back and get a refund.

Not worth the time to me.

Its a no loose situation.

You have to remember there are different causes.

It will NOT help the steering shudder. If you feel it in your steering wheel, it wont help.

Edited by frenchsquared

I don't have the vibration and I did the clamps about 5 1/2" in front of the axle. The rear end is stiffer and will tend to jump/slide out now going around corners fast with crappy surfaces - Which is generally what every pickup truck I've owned has done. Ride quality improved 10x.

My truck would vibrate a bit in the rear when it was cold out and sitting a while with the stock shocks. Those shocks are complete garbage.

More have tried it and it fixed the issue then not.

I am only aware of one person who tried it and said the ride is better but still shakes.

One person who tried it and said the truck road a lot stiffer. He took them off.

I am aware of 5 or 6 who said it stopped and the truck instantly road 100% better.

If 1 person tried it, for $18 I was willing to try it. And it worked. My wife even noticed how much nicer the truck road.

If it doesn't work, OMG your out $18 and 5 min. If you really care about the $18 take them back and get a refund.

Not worth the time to me.

Its a no loose situation.

You have to remember there are different causes.

It will NOT help the steering shudder. If you feel it in your steering wheel, it wont help.

the $18 shouldn't break anybody I get that, for those who are not mechanically inclined this is not a difficult task to perform, pretty basic stuff, just make sure you get the nuts tight enough and recheck them after driving.

post-127588-0-32589800-1454780469_thumb.gif

Edited by 14LTZZ71

I drove a High Country today and GEEZ what a truck... That thing has options for the options. But guess what.. at 123 kph there's vibration in it's HEATED steering wheel. But overall better ride than mine. The 8 speed coupled with 5.3 actually shifted pretty nice. I guess I verified really no point trading to anything GM at this time. AFM is killing my truck. I noticed after the test drive mine was in AFM and only doing 20kph. Somethings wrong and NOT working as designed so IMHO Its officially a LEMON. This trucks had more garage time in its 3 months than every other vehicle I've owned put together with 30+ years of driving.

Edited by oneandzero

Well I still have a vibration after visit #3. Visit 1 and 2 focused mainly on the tires. RF and replaced two of the stock crap SRAs. Visit 3 they hooked up a PICO scope so they say. They say it's smooth. Bullshit. I have a constant subtle vibration above 60 that I can feel in the steering wheel, center console and my seat on occasion. I asked to speak with the tech but he was "in a meeting". Service writer said that it's road feedback amplified by my level kit. More bullshit.

What's the experience folks are having with this issue in Texas? If I take it to a different dealer for visit #4 will that qualify for me to start the buyback/BBB process?

I really, REALLY love this truck but it's a love/hate relationship when I realize I'm paying for a $38,000 maraca...

I'm in the San Antonio area. I have a 2014 LT double cab, 2 wheel drive with 5.3 engine. Had and still have the vibration issue. Mine is mainly in the floor board and gas pedal. Had it to the dealership 5 times. Road forced,balanced and replaced tires. Replaced front shocks and replaced entire rear assembly. The rear end replacement helped but did not fix, I went the BBB route. At the meeting, I was confronted by 2 GM engineers and even had one on the speaker phone from Chevrolet. The "arbitrator" drove the truck and could not feel any vibration. I was in the passenger seat and I could feel it in the floor board. When you do the BBB thing, you agree to abide by the arbitrator's decision. Even at the dealership they could feel vibration but it was within "specs". Now for the kick in the butt......the dealership gave me a loaner 4 times. Those times do not count towards a Lemon law attempt in the state of Texas! Kinda sucks but that's the law. I still have the vibration but not much I can do about it except get rid of the truck but being a retired guy on a fixed income, I just have to keep it!

Hope you have better luck.

Al