MRC on 2015 GMC Denali

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gmc/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2014/Jun/0623-sierra-mrc.html

What I also found interesting was this: "Enhanced connectivity and convenience for 2015 include a new Text Messaging Alerts feature for smartphone users with Bluetooth profile (M.A.P.), which reads incoming texts through the vehicle’s speakers, and Siri Eyes Free for iPhone iOS 6 and iOS 7 users. They’re voice-controlled to help keep phones safely stowed and hands on the wheel"

Looks as though there is no change to the headlights....

"The Sierra Denali – offered exclusively as a crew cab – delivers unique design cues and exclusive features, starting with a signature chrome grille, projector-style headlamps with LED signature daytime running lights, unique 20-inch chrome wheels, a polished stainless steel exhaust outlet and body-color front and rear bumpers."

My guess is they will not update the current system to read text messages, maybe they think people will trade their 14's for a 15. I just don't stand their thinking when a Sonic or Cruise can do it, but our $40,000 + trucks can't. I have also said it would be nice somehow the Mylink could mirror our phone for navigation, but for $500 a JVC will. I would be nice if manufactures would put options that the customer wanted not what they want to us have. GM is not alone in this, they could still offer navigation to those who still wanted it, but at least give us an option!

Stepping down from my soapbox...It will be interesting to see if they do anything with the Silverado for 2015.

All my text messages already come through seamlessly with my Windows Phone Nokia 920. Mind you I hear the automated voice from my phone not the Mylink voice. No diff to me though.

Sent from Windows Phone.

• 4 weeks later...

All my text messages already come through seamlessly with my Windows Phone Nokia 920. Mind you I hear the automated voice from my phone not the Mylink voice. No diff to me though.

Sent from Windows Phone.

I have a Nokia Lumia 1520 with Windows Preview 8.1 on it and it does the same thing. Can even reply back to text messages over the Bluetooth system. That is another reason I love Windows Phone.

I've got the 920 haven't upgraded to 8.1 yet. Should be released by my carrier soon. How does your music playback work. I can't browse my song list or playlist it just plays in alphabetical order. Not a biggie because I have an SD card going as well.

Sent from Windows Phone.

Archived