Hyundai kicks GM to sidelines of NFL sponsorship

Zane

goodbye_nfl_GMC.jpg

Zane Merva

Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com

6/29/2015

The rumors were true. Today the NFL announced that General Motors, official vehicle sponsor of the NFL since 2001, was getting pushed out of bounds by another team.

Whose vehicles will you see during commercial breaks and on the sidelines starting next year? Hyundai. The South Korean brand just inked a four-year deal starting this September.

“We are huge football fans at Hyundai and feel there is no better venue to reach consumers, increase consideration and tell the Hyundai brand story,” said Dave Zuchowski, president and CEO, Hyundai Motor America. “We can’t wait to show the NFL’s 188 million fans the great design, advanced technologies, dynamic performance and numerous safety features within the Hyundai lineup. The NFL and Hyundai also share a commitment to helping the communities where we do business, another important aspect of our sponsorship.”

Meanwhile...

"GMC has decided not to renew its National Football League sponsorship," GM said in a statement. "We value our relationship with the NFL and its fans, but have decided to focus our sponsorship resources in other areas in the future."

goodbye_nfl_GMC.jpg

goodbye_nfl_GMC.jpg

goodbye_nfl_GMC.jpg

This thread has been cleaned up. This thread is for discussing GM leaving and Hyundai beginning sponsorship of the NFL, not what you think about Korea.

This thread has been cleaned up. This thread is for discussing GM leaving and Hyundai beginning sponsorship of the NFL, not what you think about Korea.

lol wow! even the big bad 'moderator' is a communist!

clean that one up

I suppose this really doesn't bother me too much (The part of GM advertisements) given that I don't watch the joke of football NFL. Regardless, I never pay attention to commercials anymore anyway. Usually the radio is on an XM channel and I am quite happy and content driving down the road listening to commercial free music and talk (for the most part) As for TV sports? I rarely watch any sports anymore, and when I do it is either baseball, golf, hockey, or college sports. (whatever is on the local channels, I got rid of cable/satellite)

Archived