Not happy with the 26Gal gas tank need HELP!

Transfer Flow makes extended range tanks for the Tundra.... I guess they need to see there is a market for our trucks.

It seems weird to make a product for only the least popular vehicle in a market.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Transfer Flow makes extended range tanks for the Tundra.... I guess they need to see there is a market for our trucks.

your right they do! I would be happy to pay $1200 for that why in the world wont they make one for GM. I cant find anyone that will its driving me nuts. I would be happy for even 10 more gallons.

I think it is the only gas tank they make that is a midship replacement. I install a few of their tanks where I work and they are well made (we have done 3 tundra tanks and lots of diesels)

I should email this thread to them. I really want an extended range tank.

I think it is the only gas tank they make that is a midship replacement. I install a few of their tanks where I work and they are well made (we have done 3 tundra tanks and lots of diesels)

I should email this thread to them. I really want an extended range tank.

Maybe if enough people ask we might get one!

Sounds to me like you bought the wrong truck for the job. May just be easier to sell it yourself and get a long bed 1500 or a 2500 and be done with it. I've got buddies with old trucks with gas tanks mounted in the bed for hunting trips out west but these are 30 year old trucks with no fancy computer systems.

Ya you'd think they would have it out for the 3/4 and 1 tons first.

They have had 3/4 and 1 ton replacement and in bed transfer tanks for a while. I looked into a replacement for a 2005 2500HD Duramax towing a 5'er I had several years back.

it doesn't seem to be that hard to me. Only difficulty i see would be tapping into the factory tank without getting metal in it. Just mount an aux tank in the bed (https://titanfueltanks.com/shop/100-gallon-in-bed-rectangular-liquid-transfer-tank-5010100/) or equivalent, wire the pump to a switch and run the line into the factory tank. When the factory tank is low flip the switch and watch your gauge increase. easy peasy.

It seems the older I get the more I stop on long road trips which is a good thing plus coffee and my bladder pretty much controls it too. Lol. Honestly you should stop every 2 hours to take a rest break and recharge from road hypnosis. This may take a bit longer for you but well worth it from a safety perspective. You shouldnt worry about stopping more. Slow down and enjoy the scenery.

Our trucks use a fuel usage calculation (calculated fuel output vs distance traveled) to get fuel mileage, this is not at all related to the gas gauge.

If you wanted to add another fuel tank, the proper way would be to add a fitting to the fuel filler neck. The fuel tanks now are polymer and should not be drilled, tapped or cut.

A 2500 gas auxilary tank might be able to be adapted for use in a 1500 but it's not going to be a bolt in solution.

Something like this should work without taking up to much be space-

https://titanfueltanks.com/shop/titan-sidekick-15-gal-compact-liquid-transfer-tank-5040015/

Sounds to me like you bought the wrong truck for the job. May just be easier to sell it yourself and get a long bed 1500 or a 2500 and be done with it. I've got buddies with old trucks with gas tanks mounted in the bed for hunting trips out west but these are 30 year old trucks with no fancy computer systems.

I sure didnt get the truck I wanted. It was mentioned in my first post I have to be happy with what I have. The banks all wanted over 15% interest on a 2500 WT they said it was a much higher risk because of my age! Im only 24. I have great credit and have my own S corp with a few large truck and vans. So i was shocked when they would not sell me a 2500 personally. So long story short I ended up with a more expensive 1500 at 2%. Now I only need to tow a 4000lb (Dry) camper with it so it does the job nicely. Just cant stand a 250mi range when driving from MD to FL or up to Maine. Also have a dog and thinking about a kid soon so a 2 door long bed wont work and no I wont tow a camper with a work insured truck.

Archived