Disable V4 mode?

Hey guys, does anyone know of a way to disable the V4 mode without having to tune it??

I used the M-5 but it still activates in that mode as well.

thanks

Any reason to do this?

Just to do as it advertises, stop the truck from going into 4cyl mode. Many do it because of the noise you get in 4cyl mode with aftermarket exhausts.

• Like 1

from what I have read, you don't lose much mpg in town just on the highway, would you guys agree with that?

I agree, and you really don't even lose much on the highway.

Personally, I was really only able to stay in 4cyl mode around 50-60mph. On the highway (70-80mph), it was just go into 4cyl mode if I was coasting, and that was annoying see if flip over an back a million times.

• Like 1

I have even found mine doesn't come on in M6 mode. I find M5 mode doesn't work for me as I am usually cruising on major roads at higher speeds and need the extra gear

?????

It shouldn't.

BTW, I find the V4 mode less annoying since I started running mid-grade fuel.

Yep, this.

Also, whenever I'm on the highway I use cruise control and I've noticed a drastic increase in MPG as the truck will actually stay in V4 mode longer than if I'm controlling the throttle. Might just be me still getting used to it, but it seems like the cruise is better at the minor accelerations to get up a small hill, etc. and keep it in V4.

• Like 1

Yep, this.

Also, whenever I'm on the highway I use cruise control and I've noticed a drastic increase in MPG as the truck will actually stay in V4 mode longer than if I'm controlling the throttle. Might just be me still getting used to it, but it seems like the cruise is better at the minor accelerations to get up a small hill, etc. and keep it in V4.

I've also noticed that the cruise is better than my foot for achieving better fuel economy.

I've taken to using the cruise as much as possible.

Currently trying to tell if the grade braking override will also improve economy.

When I use M7 or less, it stays out of V4, but usually being in V4 doesn't seem to be a problem on this truck, so I almost never is M mode.

Edited by redwngr
  • Like 1