GMC Drops Awesome New 2019 Sierra AT4 Premium Off-Roader

Gorehamj

I really don't want to trash something, but, my first reaction literally was "what is that?" I couldn't determine the scale of it. It looks like it has little baby wheels! The new Denali looks pretty nice, but, well I'm glad I'm not in the market. 

I'm sure these will sell fine though. Just not to me. :) 

31 minutes ago, GMC-AT said:

Hate to say it.. but the 2019 RAM is going to be my next truck. The tech and features blow away GM now.  

https://www.ramtrucks.com/2019/ram-1500.html

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/01/15/2019-ram-1500-chevy-silverado-1500-2018-ford-f-150-compare/#slide-7211372

Edited by Cosmic Charlie

The tire's look small, reminds me of this.renders-of-cars-with-tiny-wheels.thumb.jpg.ab3be6cadb69fc8b996a0cee279de115.jpg

The more I see the GMC, the more I like the Silverado. The wheel arches on the GMC just look retarded...

Just that the thing is jacked up so high. That makes it look really stupid for a poseur mommy mobile truck. Just get a 4500 And be done with it.

Sent from device. Excuse errors.

The more I look at all these new truck offerings(from everyone, not just GM), the more it makes me want to reframe my old 96 Dodge that's sitting in the backyard. I do like the Denali, but I will never buy one...too much money for a vehicle.

• Like 2

Cab is starting to look like the mid 2000s terracross concept

5ec3ea8469b106e355e0f338c0ba086c.jpg

Ryan B.
I was just talking to my son about the GMC Terradyne ( I think that's what it was called) last week. I really wanted one when I saw the concept years ago. Looks kinda ugly now though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I was just talking to my son about the GMC Terradyne ( I think that's what it was called) last week. I really wanted one when I saw the concept years ago. Looks kinda ugly now though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yea that’s it the terradyne (not sure where I got the cross from). I had a poster of it and seen it at the Chicago auto show. Had some neat futures but was definitely futuristic

Ryan B.

While I'm sure there will be one of these next generation GMCs in my garage after a few years, I still cant seem to get over the new dash design.  Aside from the color HUD, this new dash design just looks to me like a giant step backward from what we currently have.  Everything in my 2017 SLT Premium is within easy reach, solid layout, large buttons & stout toggles, no acres of blank black plastic.  This new dash just looks so barren to me with lots of tiny buttons where we used to have knobs and toggles.  What I have now is not as flashy as that Dodge 12" screen, but its simple and functional; this new one just looks extremely 'busy'. 

Also, for everyday usage I'll take my manual parking brake any day over an electronic button just waiting for failure.

Edited by VT_Z71
  • Like 2

On 3/27/2018 at 7:05 AM, RyanbabZ71 said:

Why are the tires so small?

That was the first thing I noticed, and wondered the same thing. I think it looks ridiculous. 

On 3/27/2018 at 7:23 AM, 2009GMC said:

I agree. Must be the wheel arch design. The Trailboss looks just right with its same size 33"? Wheels and fender design. 

I also wondered about the wheel arches on the GMC limiting tire size. I just can't get past their design/looks. I greatly prefer the Chevy for that reason. 

On 3/27/2018 at 11:59 AM, dirtfan21 said:

Seriously, am I the only one that thinks the new location of the mirrors on the doors is absolutely terrible? I like the wheels though.

I agree completely! 

There's a few more pictures here: http://www.trucktrend.com/news/1803-first-look-2019-gmc-sierra-1500-at4/

The actual photos make it look better than the computer generated images. The tires are 275/65/18, which means they're only 32" tall. Might be able to squeeze a 275/70/18 though...

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:04 AM, 14tungstenLT said:

eww.PNG

Wow, are you new to the internet?  That's because Ford is paying a TON of money to advertise on Google.  Not because the image recognition is that good, it's not.  All it saw was "truck" and did what they were paid to do, show Fords.

Why is this like Rocket Science to some?  Seriously folks.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nargg said:

Wow, are you new to the internet?  That's because Ford is paying a TON of money to advertise on Google.  Not because the image recognition is that good, it's not.  All it saw was "truck" and did what they were paid to do, show Fords.

Why is this like Rocket Science to some?  Seriously folks.

then why is it that when search for other images that the Ferds done pop up?!?!!? enlighten me rocket scientist smh 

2 hours ago, VT_Z71 said:

While I'm sure there will be one of these next generation GMCs in my garage after a few years, I still cant seem to get over the new dash design.  Aside from the color HUD, this new dash design just looks to me like a giant step backward from what we currently have.  Everything in my 2017 SLT Premium is within easy reach, solid layout, large buttons & stout toggles, no acres of blank black plastic.  This new dash just looks so barren to me with lots of tiny buttons where we used to have knobs and toggles.  What I have now is not as flashy as that Dodge 12" screen, but its simple and functional; this new one just looks extremely 'busy'. 

Also, for everyday usage I'll take my manual parking brake any day over an electronic button just waiting for failure.

I sorta agree.  But the look is OK to me.  They really should put some more effort into usability in design.  At least they don't do the RAM thing and put way too many buttons than needed, only making the use a headache.  People need to put more attention on the road and less on the dash.  I bet they do a slight redesign on year 3, like they usually do to some extent.  Hopefully it's interior as well at a few minor tweaks outside.  I personally can't stand the roller switches in the center of the d-pad on the steering wheel.  I put up with those on other GMs and hated every second of using them.  Those are such a pain in the ....

31 minutes ago, 14tungstenLT said:

then why is it that when search for other images that the Ferds done pop up?!?!!? enlighten me rocket scientist smh 

Once again:  That's because Ford is paying a TON of money to advertise on Google.  Not because the image recognition is that good, it's not.  All it saw was "truck" and did what they were paid to do, show Fords. Even if it did see "Chevy" or "GMC" Ford is paying a ton of money to Google to advertise and show up first.  This is nothing new.  Ask the gm-trucks.com guys, they know how the internet works.