GMC Drops Awesome New 2019 Sierra AT4 Premium Off-Roader

Gorehamj

1 minute ago, Nargg said:

Once again:  That's because Ford is paying a TON of money to advertise on Google.  Not because the image recognition is that good, it's not.  All it saw was "truck" and did what they were paid to do, show Fords. Even if it did see "Chevy" or "GMC" Ford is paying a ton of money to Google to advertise and show up first.  This is nothing new.  Ask the gm-trucks.com guys, they know how the internet works.

you sir need to take a lap and think about what you've said.  just because you said it twice doesn't mean its true.  search the 1/4 profile... it comes up with all gmc... search other various sierra or silverado pics, it comes up with other sierras and silverados.  it must actually be rocket science i guess 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 14tungstenLT said:

you sir need to take a lap and think about what you've said.  just because you said it twice doesn't mean its true.  search the 1/4 profile... it comes up with all gmc... search other various sierra or silverado pics, it comes up with other sierras and silverados.  it must actually be rocket science i guess 

You sir need to realize, I work in this industry. I know what I'm talking about.  Nice try going up against an expert.

On 3/27/2018 at 6:05 AM, RyanbabZ71 said:

Why are the tires so small?

Because of the wonderful American Government. The way the fuel regulation is designed. Notice all new trucks are coming with smaller tires. They weigh less thus spin easier and increase fuel milage. 

11 minutes ago, Nargg said:

You sir need to realize, I work in this industry. I know what I'm talking about.  Nice try going up against an expert.

yea you right.  you got me, i don't know how to internet.  wheres my drool cup  

your logic sucks! 

There's no Raptor beater in the GM dictionary, they would have built it all ready. This is a regular truck with stuff on it, nowhere did GM say this thing was to compete with the Raptor. GM sortta tried with the ZR2, but then probably realized what all went,  goes,  into building a Raptor style truck, the ZR2 doesn't even begin to have the desert racing capability of the Ford. It's obvious to me that GM can't build a Raptor competitor, I need to get over this... almost embarrassing. No brand loyalty, just don't like Ford as much.:cool:

On 3/27/2018 at 5:53 PM, Pastusak.t said:

Is it just me or is everyone super negative about this release. After seeing the trail boss did anyone really think GM was going to put out a heavily modified off road truck? People keep saying they should make something to compare to the raptor or the trd pro or zr2... if they did you’d be bitching about how “new Sierra is just a raptor knock off”. Can’t win. If you want a raptor GO BUY ONE and join a ford forum. In my opinion, I like it. It seems to be a little more like the Denali as far as options and tech but without all the godawful chrome everywhere. I like the idea that I can get the features I like without buying a Denali. All this being said without ever seeing one in person, as I’m sure nobody complaing about it on here has. 

I think people are more upset (me anyway) that GM holds off with part of the GMC reveal telling us there is "more to come" and that has us all wondering what new thing they are hiding from us when in reality it is the exact same thing they showed us with the Trail Boss with just a different badge on it.  Then they tell us it will be across there entire line, are you kidding me?  Is there a Raptor Explorer?  There doesn't need to be a AT4 Acadia.  Stop trying to pretty things up GM and just give me a "truck"

11 hours ago, gearheadesw said:

There's no Raptor beater in the GM dictionary, they would have built it all ready. This is a regular truck with stuff on it, nowhere did GM say this thing was to compete with the Raptor. GM sortta tried with the ZR2, but then probably realized what all went,  goes,  into building a Raptor style truck, the ZR2 doesn't even begin to have the desert racing capability of the Ford. It's obvious to me that GM can't build a Raptor competitor, I need to get over this... almost embarrassing. No brand loyalty, just don't like Ford as much.:cool:

You want a raptor go buy one and quit crying about it. With GM's pedigree in you honestly think they couldn't build a desert running truck? Historically they have participated in many fields of off road racing. They probably aren't seeing the value in that market since 90% of those trucks don't leave the pavement and are bought for looks and image alone (probably the same reason you are wanting one so bad because it is so useful desert running in Florida...). They know people will pay for appearance and some added capability and the value add is much better there than with an all out re-engineered truck to appease a few. If they can spend another $3k per truck to have people pay $8k more versus spending say $12k to have people pay $15k which would you do if you ran a business?

All three big manufacturers have factory off roaders that are well above most anyone's use and they hit different markets. Dodge has the power wagon for more serious slow going rock crawling, Ford the raptor for the desert speed stuff and the ZR2 which can do both in a smaller better suited sized truck. It will out wheel either of them overall with its size and ability to be a jack of all trades by not doing one thing best but all things very well, the lockers, sliders and size for the rocks and the shocks and longer travel for the higher speeds and jumps.

Seems the little ZR2 does just fine at higher speeds and does well all around just an engine option away from the win...

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ram/2500/2017/chevrolet-colorado-zr2-vs-ford-f-150-raptor-vs-ram-2500-power-wagon/

Does fine here as well...

https://www.tfltruck.com/2017/11/chevy-colorado-zr2-vs-ford-raptor-vs-ram-power-wagon-ultimate-off-road-comparison-video/

Not embarrassing at all, I would rather GM stay financially healthy and build halo vehicles that are more geared to actual gear heads like the Z28 and the rest of their performance fleet than a copy cat of another makers truck to appease some suburban dads. So yeah, take your own advice and just get over it, it isn't hard to add the stuff you want to a factory truck and make it like a raptor or have someone do it for you (here, even can get 550 hp and way cool light bars! https://www.sherwoodparkchev.com/chevy-reaper.htm)

The AT4 is more along the lines of what I would want in a truck to work, little more lift and larger tires for those back country trips, still keeping the standard trucks towing and hauling capabilities (specialized off road trucks always take a big ding in that department) and also not making it available on the top of the line leather trucks only (keep the smaller wheels on it to please).

Tyler

Show me a desert racing truck built by Chevy, Tyler. It’s all built by teams. Same with all the Trophy trucks. ZR2 can’t even complete with the Tacoma OR,  never mind the Raptors. Not what I want , have what I want, get off your brand loyalty. Hell, I was sticking up for the work truck looking off roader, just would like to see GM put together a longer travel truck with good tire size

Why is it when someone hates on the Raptor, it's an automatic Fanboy remark? I'm not a GM fanboy in anyway (infact, as much as I like the new Silverado I'm very disappointed it has start/stop and dynamic fuel management), they are just the ones that have never left me stranded, so I keep buying them. Ford and Dodge have both left me on the side of the road. Having said that, I think the Raptor is a pointless truck. I think it's neat, but for what it can do, most avid off roaders won't even consider it, they'll build their own that will work better. The Raptor is for Frat boys with tiny peckers, that buy it as a status symbol, much like super cars, they are cool but a waste of money.

Archived