Show Us Your 2019 & Up T1 Pictures !

3 hours ago, PabloK said:

overkill in what way?  

The tire brand, model, air pressure, & size will overwhelming determine how a vehicle rides.  

Lots of opinions on here but no real facts or on how a tire and it's composition affect the handling of the vehicle.

Airing down your 20s to make them feel like your 18s.......??? proves my point.  The internal pressure of the tire should be exactly what is recommended by the manufacture.  Every aspect of how the truck performs, handles, brakes, etc is optimized for the recommended tire pressure GMC(and every other manufacturer) recommends.

Too much Rim, not enough sidewall for comfort.

Again, my general opinion as I have had 22" wheels on a truck before.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

odd

I run 35s on a work truck and they are smooth as butter, it just floats over road imperfections.

check your shocks

I run 325/30/21s on the back of my X5m and it rides great.  Shocks do the work, not tires.

odd

I run 35s on a work truck and they are smooth as butter, it just floats over road imperfections.

check your shocks

I run 325/30/21s on the back of my X5m and it rides great.  Shocks do the work, not tires.

Ummm, this is a truck forum, why are you comparing the ride quality of a 4door German built sedan to a Pickup truck? Trucks and sedans ride completely different, my teenage daughters new 19 X5 with 20” wheels rides much smoother than your 5series but that’s cause computer assisted ride, aside of the Denali and especially the Raptor, trucks don’t have that. Golden rule in trucks, the more meat the smoother the ride but less air pressure.

Sent from above
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PabloK said:

-Our trucks are not high compression/boosted motors screaming around a track constantly over 5500 RPMS.

-The gains on large displacement engines are even less noticable.  The smaller the engine but higher the compression or boost will result in more efficiently and the same level of power in many cases.

-The new 6.2 can now adjust the ECU to align with the fuel before a knock will happen.

-92 is "recommended, not required"

-The EPA, Automakers, and the California Air Resources Board are all involved in the emission and mpg ratings for domestic vehicles in the united states - so it happens to be, premium fuel is good for a catalytic converter. In allowing advanced timing of ignition, the fuel has a longer burn duration. This in turn gives more time for heat transfer within the combustion chamber—which results in reduced temperature of exhaust gases. This cooler "engine-out" condition makes for an easier thermal life of downstream catalysts and the environment.

-Many manufactures push for higher octane with the hope that it will be come the new standard with 91 replacing 87...  WHY?  Automakers would like this as it's the cheapest way for their engines to meet increasing EPA standards, but they want the government to force it as if they do it themselves the buyers may not buy that brand of vehicle to avoid the initial added cost at the pump.

In closing, there's nothing wrong with throwing 92 in the truck, particularly at higher elevations....  but you will in no way you will be able to tell the 10-15 HP difference that is only generated at PEAK power, when the engine is around 6000 rpms.. new 6.2 has the ability to adjust the ECU before a knock even happens.  Your not hurting the engine.

That being said- i use 93 all the time, it makes me feel good.  But just understand, on a N/A modern engine with average compression, there is no difference and you're not hurting the engine to any extent.

check the pdf below of all the US vehicles that REQUIRE 91-92-93... all the engines are smaller displacement, many super or turbo charged, or highly engineered motors developed mostly in Germany. 91+ octane in this engine is really doing nothing but making the gas bill higher.

Premium-Fuel-Requirement-2016-and-2017-model-years.pdf

The L86 and L87 are actually 11.5:1. One of the tuners here on the forum, I believe it was blackbear, stated that in data logging even the 5.3 at 11.0:1 compression ratio had significant knock retard running 87.

1 minute ago, TXGREEK said:

Ummm, this is a truck forum, why are you comparing the ride quality of a 4door German built sedan to a Pickup truck? Trucks and sedans ride completely different, my teenage daughters new 19 X5 with 20” wheels rides much smoother than your 5series but that’s cause computer assisted ride, aside of the Denali and especially the Raptor, trucks don’t have that. Golden rule in trucks, the more meat the smoother the ride but less air pressure.

Sent from above

per my discussion above, I'm pointing out that the truck doesn't need 18 inches of rubber for it to ride good.  new 2019s.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PabloK said:

per my discussion above, I'm pointing out that the truck doesn't need 18 inches of rubber for it to ride good.

Edited by PabloK

per my discussion above, I'm pointing out that the truck doesn't need 18 inches of rubber for it to ride good.  new 2019s.  

The 19’s GM’s don’t have computer assisted suspension without it being a Denali. I just turned in my 19 loaner SLT 2WD CC while my Lifted 18 was being serviced and couldn’t wait to get back into my Lifted truck. The truck doesn’t need 18” of rubber? No, it’s personal preference, you can drive with any size you want but you’ll never see an off-road race truck with 20” wheels cause more rubber means more cushion. If I put 22” wheels on my Lifted truck it would ride like crap, I’ve got 20” wheels and wish I had 18” instead. I could go on and on but Again, you don’t compare a German sedan with ride sensitive suspension to a pickup truck built to haul and tow, twist and turn on dips etc etc.

Sent from above

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

I've ran 22's for several years on my last 4 GM trucks. Yes, they were a little harsher than the stock 18/20's.  Now on the '19? I can't tell any ride difference from the OEM 18's.  I have Michelin 22's road force balanced on my '19 RST running 36 psi. They are extremely smooth and quiet at all speeds and couldn't be happier with the ride. The 22's for '19 went from a 285/45/22 to a 275/50/22. Apparently that made the difference. I wouldn't go back to a smaller wheel diameter. 

• Like 2

I've ran 22's for several years on my last 4 GM trucks. Yes, they were a little harsher than the stock 18/20's.  Now on the '19? I can't tell any ride difference from the OEM 18's.  I have Michelin 22's road force balanced on my '19 RST running 36 psi. They are extremely smooth and quiet at all speeds and couldn't be happier with the ride. The 22's for '19 went from a 285/45/22 to a 275/50/22. Apparently that made the difference. I wouldn't go back to a smaller wheel diameter. 

Correct, more tire gives more cushion but then you’ll have more bounce which is where the quality of you suspension comes in and with shocks like CST, KING and a couple others, you’ll be set

Sent from above

5 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

The 19’s GM’s don’t have computer assisted suspension without it being a Denali. I just turned in my 19 loaner SLT 2WD CC while my Lifted 18 was being serviced and couldn’t wait to get back into my Lifted truck. The truck doesn’t need 18” of rubber? No, it’s personal preference, you can drive with any size you want but you’ll never see an off-road race truck with 20” wheels cause more rubber means more cushion. If I put 22” wheels on my Lifted truck it would ride like crap, I’ve got 20” wheels and wish I had 18” instead. I could go on and on but Again, you don’t compare a German sedan with ride sensitive suspension to a pickup truck built to haul and tow, twist and turn on dips etc etc.

Sent from above

I'm aware the at4 doesnt have the Adaptive ride control and i have no idea what you are talking about with your lifted truck.  Lifted trucks all handle dramatically different... i'm talking stock suspension for the sake of us all being able to relate.

Re-read my post.  I'm stated that with a 35x12.5x22 on a 2019 at4, the ride was extremely plush.   Then i made the point that i would rather have this setup accompanied by a slightly shorter sideway to improve cornering, tracking,  and general steering..

If YOU personally think you need an 18inch wheel with a fat tire go ahead and do your thing, thats your preference..   

In regards to my comment on the X5, i was trying to drive the point i prefer a more planted ride over a couple bumps... never said anything about suspension

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mafd2 said:

I ran Michelin Pilot SS on my Jeep SRT 305/35/22 and the ride imprvoved dramnatcallyl over the shit 295/45/20 Pirellis....    

Quality of tires make all the difference.

Edited by PabloK
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, mafd2 said:

Yep, My factory 18s rode harsher than my 22s. Also this truck rides better than my k2 did with 20s. I was truly surprised going in expecting the 22s to be terrible. 

• Like 2

Hi,

New to the forum!  I've had my Silverado for a month so far. Here's a pic. Borla S Type catback on the way...

I like the ride but I can tell there are 22"s  when I hit a bump... Otherwise its smoother than I thought it would be. 

I've been reading and catching up on all the threads...found the forum looking for tuner discussions; man, a lot of nice trucks on here! jeffstruck.thumb.jpg.ae29d970392fe576f3bccfe7b9712e94.jpg

• Like 6