Rear Compressor Runs Excessively 2018 Yukon XL Denali

2 minutes ago, AgFan08 said:

I posted the work order along with a link to the video as a review on the dealership's website. Maybe that will get some sort of response, because as you stated and the video makes clear, that is not a normal noise level. I've never had a GM before but I'm starting to learn this is par for the course when it comes to warranty issues and getting them taken care of. Pretty much have to be persistent and in it for the long haul. Good luck with your case as well.

Honestly, I have had great luck when dealing with GM on warranty issues, but like you stated, it takes time. As hard as it is not to do, try not to make enemies with the dealership (whichever one it ends being) doing the repairs. That is why you need to stress to GM how they have treated you, they will reach to them and make sure they are nicer going forward.

37 minutes ago, AgFan08 said:

I posted the work order along with a link to the video as a review on the dealership's website. Maybe that will get some sort of response, because as you stated and the video makes clear, that is not a normal noise level. I've never had a GM before but I'm starting to learn this is par for the course when it comes to warranty issues and getting them taken care of. Pretty much have to be persistent and in it for the long haul. Good luck with your case as well.

Thanks.  Mine has been out of warranty for quite some time, and out of extended warranty as well.  I've been going to this dealer for close to 10 years.  If I ever get my truck back I'll post a video of my compressors going so there's a comparison of overkill aftermarket vs factor installed not working right.  :)

I'll upload another video this evening, but had a pretty good breakthrough this morning. My wife pulled over after the noise started and climbed in the back seat. When she set on the third row far right seat, the noise would stop, and then when she would get off the seat it would start again.  Passed the video over to the Service Manager at the local dealership (the second one where we bought the car) and hopefully it will help them narrow down what to investigate next time we can bring the vehicle in. Another twist in the saga but hopefully narrowing down the issue.

And here is the video, I don't know what to make of this other than the issue is possibly being narrowed down.

Edited by AgFan08
Video Link
  • Sad 1

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 9:54 PM, JimCost2014 said:

Open a claim with GM, let them know how unhappy you are, and let them know how you are being treated by the service managers (personally, if my wife came home in tears, I would have driven there and punched the service manager in the head). Don't threaten them with a demand to buy back the rig, or Lemon laws, just be firm and demand that you as a customer of GM are not happy and that you feel like you are being treated like crap! And, want your really expensive vehicle fixed so it functions normally.

I did this and today was contacted by GM. The customer service rep was extremely helpful and listened to the entire story. I've also sent the initial work order of the dealership acknowledging the issue and the second which the service manager essentially used to blame the issue on us along with multiple videos to support that the vehicle is not "operating normally" as stated in the second work order. For the first time in the process I actually feel confident the issue can get resolved and like I have an advocate working on my side. Time will tell, but slow and steady going forward.

20 minutes ago, AgFan08 said:

I did this and today was contacted by GM. The customer service rep was extremely helpful and listened to the entire story. I've also sent the initial work order of the dealership acknowledging the issue and the second which the service manager essentially used to blame the issue on us along with multiple videos to support that the vehicle is not "operating normally" as stated in the second work order. For the first time in the process I actually feel confident the issue can get resolved and like I have an advocate working on my side. Time will tell, but slow and steady going forward.

Patience and persistence. Glad it is going better, they will take care of you. Most do not do these steps and just settle for a less than desirable vehicle.

A good lesson learned here is that if you have a case open with GM customer service, it is tied to a specific dealership and not the vehicle (it may be the vehicle as well but it is definitely tied to a dealership). I discussed the situation with them and told them I had moved the vehicle so they changed the dealership on the case which allowed me to give another round of formal feedback on the dealership that I originally attempted to have the repair done at. Make sure that you keep GM customer support updated on your situation if you have an open case so they can keep the status updated. Hopefully others find that helpful.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I have the same noise coming from the driver side rear end. I have a 2019 Chevy Suburban and the noise started about a month ago. I use the vehicle for car/limo service so it runs idle in front of high end resort lobby a lot and it is not a good look for my service when people are getting ready to walk in the car and they hear this loud compressor sound. Inside the vehicle though, it is not as loud as in your video. As my high season started just recently, haven't had a chance to take it to dealership yet.  But, whoever says this is normal operation, is clueless. I didn't have the noise during the first 30000 miles and now I do.

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck. They don’t care. All they will do is provide lip service for a while until they tell you nothing is wrong but you. I can’t even ride in mine without a pressure noise hurting my head. Complained about it within a hundred miles of owning a new 2019 Yukon Denali Ultimate 4x4 and after months of back and forth they said it is performing as designed. So designed to be shitty and will be my last GM. 

Edited by EXSlider400

• 3 weeks later...

After about  1 year my 2018 compressor  started constantly  running. Took it the dealer  they immediately diagnoses a leaking  rear air bag or strut something like that they ordered  the part was fixed  1 week later. Now it hardly  ever runs  unless you load the back up excessively which i believe  is suppose  to be how it works. The compressor should not be running  excessively especially when you  dont have a load

• 2 months later...

Brand new Tahoe, same issue.  On a trip south, compressor started running almost constantly... It will stop, but in few seconds to a minute or two, kicks in again.  Brutally cold, so haven't looked at anything.  Was hoping to find a simple == dealerless solution... Sad they so often say "oh, they ALL do that..."

How do you open a claim with GM please????

• 2 weeks later...