On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 11:22 PM, Ktapper said:

So the flowmaster 50 has some rumble to it with the screens taken out? 

I want a new muffler but nothing loud in the cab and no drone. 

theres no drone in the cab. because of the adjustable engine it really only is loud at acceleration and cold start. i read that they brought in Cadillac engineers to give the new trucks sound proofing. if i had known this i woulda used a 40 instead of a 50. i like it a little louder.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 11:22 PM, Ktapper said:

So the flowmaster 50 has some rumble to it with the screens taken out? 

I want a new muffler but nothing loud in the cab and no drone. 

yes it would probably meet your requirements stated here

I wouldn't do exhaust without tuning. I had a straight through muffler put on my 08' 5.3 and lost 25 ft-lbs of torque that took a custom tune and $300 to gain back 27 ft-lbs LOL. Not worth it. Horsepower gains were free'd up higher in the rpm range but not worth the low end loss. 

On 5/17/2019 at 9:59 AM, mikedeezxxx said:

Borla Attak. No drone. Sounds good. Only really loud when mashing on the gas pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using 

Do you have the cat back or just muffler swap?

Edited by Dsotomayor1526
Wrong question

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, KevinTM said:

Cheese and rice it took forever to get the damn exhaust shipped/received. I should have it installed tomorrow. Ill post up videos as soon as I can. 

Looking forward to it, thinking about going with the Corsa myself.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, War Eagle said:

Looking forward to it, thinking about going with the Corsa myself.

Haven’t had a chance to get a video. Will get that tomorrow or this weekend. (There is a video Corsa posted on YouTube and honestly its spot on with what I hear on my truck.)

Initial thoughts on Corsa Sport Catback (Disclaimer - Im terrible with words lol)

- such a crisp low sound. Clean, if that makes sense. 

- quiet in the cab. No drone at all on the highway. 

- really wakes up when you give it some gas

- in sport mode it really came alive at higher RPMs. Just a consistent growl . 

I’ve been a Borla guy for a long time. I even had the Borla kit on order for my truck and cancelled the order to go with the Corsa. Don’t get me wrong, I would have been very happy if I had stuck with the Borla system, but the Corsa is just amazing. Glad I decided to try something new. 

42 minutes ago, KevinTM said:

Haven’t had a chance to get a video. Will get that tomorrow or this weekend. (There is a video Corsa posted on YouTube and honestly its spot on with what I hear on my truck.)

Initial thoughts on Corsa Sport Catback (Disclaimer - Im terrible with words lol)

I’ve been a Borla guy for a long time. I even had the Borla kit on order for my truck and cancelled the order to go with the Corsa. Don’t get me wrong, I would have been very happy if I had stuck with the Borla system, but the Corsa is just amazing. Glad I decided to try something new. 

Thats awesome, yea ive watched that video or the corsa on youtube and it sounds good. Glad there is no drone, I think i will end up getting it. Thanks

42 minutes ago, KevinTM said:

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 9:22 PM, KevinTM said:

please post a video soon. I cant decide between corsa or borla!!!

• Haha 1

This thread really took off without me checking on it much.  I ended up going with the Flowmaster FlowFx.  Didn't break the bank and sounds pretty good.  Slight drone on the highway but nothing the tire noise and having the radio on cannot drowned out.  Can hear the DFM, but not noticeable unless you are listening for it.  Do not think I would want it any louder.  Overall happy and now it sounds like a V8, and not a whistle. 

Edited by Jremm15
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, fieldsend said:

please post a video soon. I cant decide between corsa or borla!!!

Shit! Sorry man. Totally spaced on this over the weekend. Here’s a clip from just now. Trucks been sitting for about 2 hours after my drive home. Does this qualify as a cold start? Lol

D0516173-F269-4872-8B29-337815031C93.MOV