2015 Silverado Flowmaster 40 Series

Hello, 

I am looking for recommendations or advice regarding the Flowmaser 40 series single out muffler. I am wanting to remove the adaptive valve on my 2015 V8. If I cut off the valve, replace the muffler, and leave the resonator, will I still get the Flowmaster sound? I wouldn't mind a deeper sound, but I don't want it to be too loud either. Just trying to find that happy-medium. The main reason is because I am getting the "chirp" or "squeak" from the adaptive valve. My AFM Disabler helped with the chirp when switching from V4 to V8, but I still hear it when I crank my truck. Any info or advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

Ben

You'll still get the sound, especially with the 40 series. Leaving the resonator should quiet it down slightly. I had a Borla ProXS on my'14 with the resonator and it sounded really good to me. Go scour the youtubes, there are plenty sound clips with that setup. 

I put the flowmaster 50 single in and dual out on mine but left the flapper. No resonator. I just wanted a little more rumble without being loud. Also wanted the tips out the back. It’s just about right in terms of sound. I’ll prob turn off the v4 later after warranty is out. I tied the flapper open and it was definitely louder....prob too loud for me right now....

Flowmaster Delta 50 without flapper is absurd loud.

Open passenger door with engine running and the sound that comes into the cab is unbearable. I feel sorry for all the people at red lights next to me with their windows down.

I dumped mine right after the muffler. Do not recommend 50 Series. 

Cops come after me when I get on it. Guess I should get a tail pipe.

Thanks for the video Jason, thats exactly what I was looking for! I think I will start with that setup and see how I like it. If I want more sound down the road I can cut out the resonator.

If i were you i would remove everithing behind the cats (muffler, flapper and resonator) and just leave the flowmaster, if you dont you will get almost no difference in sound.

Years ago I removed my cats, muffler and flapper just leaving the resonator and this is how it sounded:

I like how flowmasters sound, but for my build i went with magnaflows later

Flowmasters will give you that Header-ish sound without having to change much else

This is how mine sounds with LongTubes and full custom tune:

Edited by VdellaV
  • Like 1

On 6/27/2019 at 10:07 PM, Ben S said:

Thanks for the video Jason, thats exactly what I was looking for! I think I will start with that setup and see how I like it. If I want more sound down the road I can cut out the resonator.

No prob, I still might cut out the resonator. Not sure yet. 

I did the same thing. Thought well let me keep the resonator with the 40 - drove off and went back the next day to have them cut the resonator off.