New to the 6.2l world- Have some Questions

7 minutes ago, truckguy82 said:

Yeah obviously lol, I just rented a $100k navigator in FL. And an $80k mercedes gls before that.

I clearly said nobody rents 6.2 pickups, why, because nobody rents a pickup unless they need to haul or tow something, and you don’t certainly don’t need a $50k msrp in a 1500 for that.

Thus the rental services do not offer them, thus what I said was accurate.

And I qualified my statement.  "I did not see any high end pickups..."
Further, you cannot tow with a rental from Hertz or any other traditional rental company.  It is specifically forbidden in the rental agreement.  U-Haul yes.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, paracutin said:

And I qualified my statement.  "I did not see any high end pickups..."

Thats fantastic, not sure what that has to do with you informing me that I was wrong and rental companies actually rent high end vehicles, when I never stated they didn’t.

clearly we have a case of you not using logic again

6 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Ok, ok....let’s not turn this into more than it needs to be and keep it positive for OP’s sake. Hugs anyone emoji847.png lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im having a grand time reading all of this xD

Im happy to update, I got the tranny flush and filled and the tranny shop of course followed the TSB. I drove it to a far gas station to let her warm up and see how she handled. I have not noticed any shift which is fantastic!! Tranny sits at 153 Degrees and never climbed (Keep in mind im in texas as well and it was 100 Degrees outside when driving).

@TXGREEK - What a coincidence. I am greek as well and in TX xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Im having a grand time reading all of this xD

Im happy to update, I got the tranny flush and filled and the tranny shop of course followed the TSB. I drove it to a far gas station to let her warm up and see how she handled. I have not noticed any shift which is fantastic!! Tranny sits at 153 Degrees and never climbed (Keep in mind im in texas as well and it was 100 Degrees outside when driving).

[mention=186622]TXGREEK[/mention] - What a coincidence. I am greek as well and in TX xD

That’s awesome, hope it all goes great! Kalinehta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

On 8/20/2019 at 1:17 AM, kennerz said:

Use good oil & filters (right now I'm running amsoil 0~40 full synthetic and WIX- however there are other good combinations out there).

Im only seeing 0-20 on AMSOIL's for my truck, should I be okay with their lowest tier synthetic of that type? Its their OE series oil. I have never used AMSOIL before but I see great reviews

Sure, its designed for those who follow the OLM and don't extended oil changes past OEM recommendations.

PS, I have used AMSOIL for 40 yrs. That have a distribution center in Arlington! 1 of 13 notionwide. They been producing synthetic oil since prior to 1972. Made in the USA, Superior, WIS.

Edited by elcamino
  • Thanks 1

Im only seeing 0-20 on AMSOIL's for my truck, should I be okay with their lowest tier synthetic of that type? Its their OE series oil. I have never used AMSOIL before but I see great reviews

I only use Amsoil Signature Series 0w20 along with Wix XP Oil filter.

Im assuming WIX oil filters are better than AMSOIL's own filter?

I was told Wix makes the Amsoil filter for them. There’s a YouTube video showing how they’re both identical in every way, same everything and both capture as small as 20 microns.

b1f188ad26f487d4fb0adae38ff47c2b.jpg

Wix makes filters