GM Accessory Discounts

I've been researching exhaust options until I'm blue in the face and I don't think I'm any closer to a decision. I had the GMPP system on my K2 but I can't believe the markup on the T1 system if you go through the GM Accessary website or dealer. I've seen a code flying around for 20% off and I have around $200 worth of GM points after recently purchasing my T1. That would bring it down to around $1200 which is a far cry from around $1750 where it MSRPs. I know, I know, you get what you pay for. But when muffler-only options are so much cheaper, I'm torn. In my research through the Forum I see I missed an exhaust sale back in August. Any other GM deals y'all see floating around?

I just added a flow master 40,and taped off the screens on the end of the tailpipes and it sounds good enough for me...Cost me 250$ for the muffler to get installed....I just didn’t see the 1500$ difference in adding the “GM accessories exhaust” when my truck was brand new and just needed the muffler replaced for the sound...

I grabbed my GMPE when they were running the 15% off accessories last month. They had done 20% at one point this summer, but I couldn’t find any codes for that. 

I agree with you that the GMPE really only makes sense with a discount. Otherwise, just get the Borla for $1200 from Summit Racing. That’s what my backup was without the discount. 

5 minutes ago, gr8almty1 said:

I’m about to buy. What’s this reward thing about? Was this a special promotion or something I need to sign up for first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's through the MyChevrolet app. You get points every month, points for service visits, and big points for purchasing a vehicle. You can cash them toward the purchase of a new vehicle or accessories. Pretty neat program.

Like @BluegrassMotorsport said, you get a bunch of points for enrolling when you buy a truck. There is a whole point schedule on their site. You earn points for all types of things.  I was talking to my dealer about it. Gonna put my $$$ towards some illuminated door sills at some point.

• Like 1