1 hour ago, MikeMSierra said:

My truck was built Sept 14, 2020 which appears to fall into the range.

Lol damn it Siri listen…… with at build date you should be concerned. Mine had a build date of December 2020 delivered in February 2021 and has the lifter failure issue at 6500 miles. 

You said yours was a 2020 Sierra. Which shouldn’t be affected….. 

I know one thing if you have the catastrophic lifter failure make sure they replace all of them not just one side demand this!!!

2 hours ago, elcamino said:

You can demand all you want but they are only going to replace what GM pays them to replace. 

Under warranty. You can pay to have done whatever you want of course.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2021 at 7:17 PM, cioservices said:

I had my 2021 LT Trail Boss with the 5.3L engine towed to the dealership yesterday.  While driving home from work, the truck started a really rough idle, engine knocking, random misfiring, had Service Emergency Brake, Service ESC messages on the display, check engine light and several other dash warning lights.  I pulled a P0300 code for random misfire.  The dealer diagnosed the truck with a lifter failure.  I haven't been told which cylinder(s) had the failure, but has anyone else had this issue on a 2021 Silverado?  I have 6,200 miles on the truck, and this seems a bit soon to have such major issues with an engine.  At what point does GM decide this is a recall and replace all the lifters?  I suspect, based upon what I've read on the forums, most who are plagued with the failing lifter issue, return to the dealership with additional failed lifters.

Driving back from Pagosa Springs CO To Austin TX we stopped in Roswell NM for the night, got about 50 miles out of Roswell and had the knocking and misfiring, got it towed back to Roswell to Richland Chevrolet. Diagnosed with lifter issue, predictions is 3 weeks for repair. We couldn’t find a rent car, no good flights not even a greyhound bus to get home. Dealership really stepped up in customer service and got us set up with another truck to get home. Certainly not happy with 15k miles lifter issue but Richland Chevrolet understood our plight and really took care of us!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Can I get an update from anyone that had part or all of their lifters replaced? Any more problems, how many miles driven since, etc?

I’m 5 months out from having all 16 replaced at 5k miles. No issues since then but still a little traumatized. TIA. 

I just dropped my 2021 silverado 5.3 at the dealership with only 4700 miles and service writer said all lifter banks will be replaced and take a couple of weeks.  I was reading here that there is a class action suit in Michigan filed in January for this particular issue.  I plan to demand GM add an extended warranty for this problem that they have been aware of for years.  If I had known about this problem before buying , I would not have bought this truck at all.  

8995F246-D33E-401A-AE0F-045FE0CBA793.heic

• Sad 1

Just got my 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 Limited AT4 with the 6.2 back from getting all lifters, pushrods, cam and everything else associated replaced.  6,000 miles on the truck.  Now less than 200 miles from the fix and it's acting the same way it did right before it failed the first time.  Thinking it's going to have another lifter failure on the way home from work today..... Super frustrated because it love the truck.  But this is leaving a terrible taste.

41 minutes ago, ram1067 said:

Wow 2022 6.2 thought this was more of 2021 5.3 issue. 

Yeah it really sucks.  Build date on my truck is 12/21, so the whole engine build date range theory might not hold much water.  I think it's an even bigger issue than they're letting on.  Also disheartening that the replacement parts don't seem to be holding up, at least in my case.

Edited by PacksAWallop

50 minutes ago, PacksAWallop said:

Yeah it really sucks.  Build date on my truck is 12/21, so the whole engine build date range theory might not hold much water.  I think it's an even bigger issue than they're letting on.  Also disheartening that the replacement parts don't seem to be holding up, at least in my case.

You have to look at the engine build date not the trucks build date

4 hours ago, Silverado4x4 said:

You have to look at the engine build date not the trucks build date

I understand that.  The point I was making is I'm nine to ten months past the supposed date range.  Pretty sure they wouldn't have an engine setting around for nine to ten mo ths waiting to go into a truck.  Could I be wrong?  Possibly, but that hasn't been the pattern so far.  Seems to be within a few months of the truck build date that the engine is built.  However I have not checked my engine build date.

17 hours ago, PacksAWallop said:

Just got my 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 Limited AT4 with the 6.2 back from getting all lifters, pushrods, cam and everything else associated replaced.  6,000 miles on the truck.  Now less than 200 miles from the fix and it's acting the same way it did right before it failed the first time.  Thinking it's going to have another lifter failure on the way home from work today..... Super frustrated because it love the truck.  But this is leaving a terrible taste.

This is certainly not what we like to hear, Tony.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 Limited AT4. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: PacksAWallop/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com