My understanding was that anything over 8500 not both sides. Mine failed @ 6500 and my dealer did both sides! Possibly because of my 30yr history which them…… I don’t understand why a dealer would bring in a vehicle spend the time taking one side apart and then possibly six months down the road have to bring it back in and do the other side! Didn’t make sense to me or my dealer.  Just demand it work with the dealer. Ask to speak with area rep. 

• 1 month later...

My 2019 GMC Sierra with 5.3 had the issue with less than 10k miles. Dealer got me a loaner car for almost three weeks.

Besides replacing two lifters they replaced the wire harness to the solenoids for AFM. Truck has been running good since with 65k miles.

• Thanks 1

On 8/24/2022 at 9:24 AM, RobZ said:

My 2019 GMC Sierra with 5.3 had the issue with less than 10k miles. Dealer got me a loaner car for almost three weeks.

Besides replacing two lifters they replaced the wire harness to the solenoids for AFM. Truck has been running good since with 65k miles.

Nice to hear from someone that had this happen and has a few miles on the engine without problems. This happened to me late last December and all of my lifters were replaced. My truck has been running great since then but I’m low mileage. How long has it been since this happened to you?

• 2 weeks later...

i'll have to add my two cents, after 20,110 miles on my 2021 crewcab 4x4 it began "misfiring" and diagnose finally was #3 cylinder error and lifter............hopefully the fix will be forever as it is embarrassing as a chevy owner FOREVER AND EVER with 4 different 5.3 engines that this is all of a sudden happening, especially to a new one!!!

On 9/7/2022 at 6:39 PM, wb5rag said:

i'll have to add my two cents, after 20,110 miles on my 2021 crewcab 4x4 it began "misfiring" and diagnose finally was #3 cylinder error and lifter............hopefully the fix will be forever as it is embarrassing as a chevy owner FOREVER AND EVER with 4 different 5.3 engines that this is all of a sudden happening, especially to a new one!!!

What was your build date?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...