1 minute ago, GMCustomerService said:

This is certainly not what we like to hear, Tony.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 Limited AT4. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: PacksAWallop/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

I actually already have a case opened up with GM.  First time it took her 3 or 4 days to get back to me.  Tried calling her again yesterday before lunch and had to leave a message.  Haven't heard back yet.  Would be nice if she could get back to me to try and get something figured out.  I've sent an email like you requested.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2022 at 10:09 PM, PacksAWallop said:

I understand that.  The point I was making is I'm nine to ten months past the supposed date range.  Pretty sure they wouldn't have an engine setting around for nine to ten mo ths waiting to go into a truck.  Could I be wrong?  Possibly, but that hasn't been the pattern so far.  Seems to be within a few months of the truck build date that the engine is built.  However I have not checked my engine build date.

The date range is hogwash, these engines have been having lifter issues and bent rod issues since 2014! They might be fixed when they move on from the 5.3 / 6.2 varrients, until these engine options are changed and no longer offered it is clear these issues will continue regardless of model years or some date range for engine builds.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 10:11 AM, PacksAWallop said:

I actually already have a case opened up with GM.  First time it took her 3 or 4 days to get back to me.  Tried calling her again yesterday before lunch and had to leave a message.  Haven't heard back yet.  Would be nice if she could get back to me to try and get something figured out.  I've sent an email like you requested.

Yeah i would say about 10-15 years ago or so, they seem to have stripped away any ability for gm customer service people to give any kind of satisfaction for issues. I remember getting my warranty extended to 8 years and 80,000 miles and the extended warranty i had purchased at the time of buying my truck was credited to my loan, all of this from calling the 800 gm number. This was after 3 times having to get the dreaded steering shaft clunk fixed the gmt-800's had. I have also seen them give out gift cards to the gm accessory store when customers were inconvenienced like this.

Now i really don't understand what their function even is these days, i doubt you need help calling your dealer and telling them hey my engine sounds like a box of rocks and every service light is on the dash right now. Shame but to me it seems like GM stripped away their ability to do anything other than schedule an appointment at your local dealership today.

Go ahead GMCustomerService person, please by all means prove me wrong!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BIGDOGx said:

Yeah i would say about 10-15 years ago or so, they seem to have stripped away any ability for gm customer service people to give any kind of satisfaction for issues. I remember getting my warranty extended to 8 years and 80,000 miles and the extended warranty i had purchased at the time of buying my truck was credited to my loan, all of this from calling the 800 gm number. This was after 3 times having to get the dreaded steering shaft clunk fixed the gmt-800's had. I have also seen them give out gift cards to the gm accessory store when customers were inconvenienced like this.

Now i really don't understand what their function even is these days, i doubt you need help calling your dealer and telling them hey my engine sounds like a box of rocks and every service light is on the dash right now. Shame but to me it seems like GM stripped away their ability to do anything other than schedule an appointment at your local dealership today.

I’ve had 3 GM trucks with that clunk, including my Avalanche. It’s more of a rattle and not a safety issue. You can go online and see a fix that involves a hose clamp. I’m too old to contort myself under the dash. It’s part of the charm of having a 20 year old truck.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BIGDOGx said:

Hit the nail on the head.  They can't do anything for me right now, basically told me it would have to fail two more times before any meaningful action can be taken.  Directed me to the dealership.  They don't even want me to drive it until it fails again, just take it there and let them have it to try and figure it out.  Won't be doing that since they don't have a loaner available.  The mechanic there mentioned that it could be an actuator issue with controlling the DFM lifters.  But they're so difficult to replace that GM doesn't allow them to work on them unless they're certain that is what's causing the problem.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, BIGDOGx said:

It's called GREED just like the big oil company's today.

Take your money and tell you  go away!!!

Edited by WeGone
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I’ve had 3 GM trucks with that clunk, including my Avalanche. It’s more of a rattle and not a safety issue. You can go online and see a fix that involves a hose clamp. I’m too old to contort myself under the dash. It’s part of the charm of having a 20 year old truck.

That truck is long gone right now👍, my point though was gm customer help being allowed to do something other than offer appointment booking. I got essentially a free gmpp plat 0 deduct warranty to 80k and about 1,500 was credited back to my loan account since i no longer needed the one i bought. This was after 3 consecutive unfixed clunk issues which is nothing compared to the top half of your engine being taken apart and replaced.

It got them another truck purchase from me in 2015 so yes it was well worth it for GM to keep me satisfied and throwing me a bone. Like i said GMCustomerService please prove me wrong!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I am having this problem now with failed lifters on my 2021 Trailboss. I took it to the dealership last week and they said that their is a nationwide shortage on lifters and head gaskets so I will need to wait for probably months before it is fixed. The only option they are giving me is to trade it in. Problem is that they don't have any cars on the lot that are comparable to my Trailboss. They don't know when they will be getting any in. They are struggling to get me a rental due to the rental shortage! I was pretty much told I was screwed. Has anybody else dealt with this? I am just trying to figure out my options. I will add that I am in Alaska so there are not a lot of dealerships here. 

Edited by Trisha Offenbacker

On 6/10/2022 at 9:51 AM, BIGDOGx said:

The date range is hogwash, these engines have been having lifter issues and bent rod issues since 2014! They might be fixed when they move on from the 5.3 / 6.2 varrients, until these engine options are changed and no longer offered it is clear these issues will continue regardless of model years or some date range for engine builds.

Lol gm engines have had lifter and bent rods since they first came out, after afm came out things got worse, but always been garbage.

I can only give my advice and experience ....  GM only learns by a financial hit.

Lemon law these trucks. Krohn & Moss

Until GM feels the sting, they'll do nothing.  Their only goal is to get passed the warranty and then stick it to you.

Get a new truck, new warranty ... they have no problem telling YOU to pay up. Now tell GM.

My 2020 was handed back in October of 21.

23 hours ago, Trisha Offenbacker said:

I am having this problem now with failed lifters on my 2021 Trailboss. I took it to the dealership last week and they said that their is a nationwide shortage on lifters and head gaskets so I will need to wait for probably months before it is fixed. The only option they are giving me is to trade it in. Problem is that they don't have any cars on the lot that are comparable to my Trailboss. They don't know when they will be getting any in. They are struggling to get me a rental due to the rental shortage! I was pretty much told I was screwed. Has anybody else dealt with this? I am just trying to figure out my options. I will add that I am in Alaska so there are not a lot of dealerships here. 

Get a FULL refund, then go find something you want/need.  End of story!