2014+ owners having issues with their truck?

Thats the way mine is and it was built 11-13-13, there is no way it would turn the truck off, it just hits enough to kinda push the key inward but it doesnt concern me cause my steering wheel never moves from all the way down. My guess would be is GM feeds off sites like this with peoples complaints and make changes to newer trucks but dont let people know about them cause it would cost them to much money to fix all the stuff that is already out there, then end up having huge recalls like they have on a bunch of vehicles out there now all over the news.

Ditto for me. I have my seat lowered all the way down and I don't use the tilt so it doesn't bother me. Not knowing the answer to this I question if it makes a difference if the wheel is pulled out (telescopically) or pushed inwards as to weather it hits the key or not. Anyone try this?

FYI - I have been keeping track of all the days in service for this vehicle and very familiar with the lemon law statues. If the vehicle is not fixed this time around and then has the issue come back my first conversation will be with a lawyer not GM or a Dealer.

I believe at this point in time GM should be offering me a free 100k (bumper to bumper) mile warranty on the truck. It only seems logical for them to start stepping in and politically handling this and standing behind the truck. My dealer did offer me a nice discount on the warranty upgrade so at least I have an option.

In the end though, I really do love this truck. The looks, the ride quality, the handling and overall I love it. Just rather frustrated to buy a 50K automobile and deal with this. So I am by no means looking to get out of this truck, but I am also not looking to have frequent flyer miles to a dealer either.

If they did this for you then word would get out and they would have to do for all... I don't think it will happen IMO.

If they did this for you then word would get out and they would have to do for all... I don't think it will happen IMO.

Agreed, all they have to do is say by taking this warranty you agree to keep hush hush...lol I wouldn't have an issue with that. It might be a good move on their part and could drastically change the course of the vehicle if the issue comes back again for the "4th time".

Ditto for me. I have my seat lowered all the way down and I don't use the tilt so it doesn't bother me. Not knowing the answer to this I question if it makes a difference if the wheel is pulled out (telescopically) or pushed inwards as to weather it hits the key or not. Anyone try this?

It doesn't matter, it still hits no matter where you have it telescopically. I did try it

Does anyone have a whining noise coming from there tranny? Mine whines at start up and if you rev the engine it gets louder, I can also hear it while taking off from a stop and if the road is smooth enough i can even hear a slight humming sound coming up from my down in the console toward the dash, it kinda sounds like a radio interference whining but i know for sure its the same noise i hear at start up and take off. Its getting very annoying. I stopped at my dealer and listened to a new truck that just came off the transport and it had it while revving it up very slightly. I believe the noise to be the transmission pump making the noise. If anyone has heard the older Allison trannys from the early 2000s it has the same type of noise but not near as bad.

Why do you say that?

because there is another recall for loose or missaligned trans oil cooler line that can leak or come off causing trans fluid to leak onto exhaust and cause a fire... the QC on these trucks in non existent. ..

Does anyone have a whining noise coming from there tranny? Mine whines at start up and if you rev the engine it gets louder, I can also hear it while taking off from a stop and if the road is smooth enough i can even hear a slight humming sound coming up from my down in the console toward the dash, it kinda sounds like a radio interference whining but i know for sure its the same noise i hear at start up and take off. Its getting very annoying. I stopped at my dealer and listened to a new truck that just came off the transport and it had it while revving it up very slightly. I believe the noise to be the transmission pump making the noise. If anyone has heard the older Allison trannys from the early 2000s it has the same type of noise but not near as bad.

All the ones that i drove had the trans whine I thought it was NORMAL? Mine is more pronounced now at 6k miles I do not like it but hey what can you do.

All the ones that i drove had the trans whine I thought it was NORMAL? Mine is more pronounced now at 6k miles I do not like it but hey what can you do.

Thanks, good to know. Like you said i dont like it either but if they all do it what can we do about it

because there is another recall for loose or missaligned trans oil cooler line that can leak or come off causing trans fluid to leak onto exhaust and cause a fire... the QC on these trucks in non existent. ..

I think what we're finding with these trucks is that quality control in Mexico is poor at best. Not trying to stir up anyone's emotions, but the quality and standards in Mexico pale to the U.S., hence why you can pay for 3 workers at the price of 1 in the U.S. I firmly believe if these trucks were built in the U.S. we would not see nearly as many quality issues with things being "loose" or "rattling", etc. However, the biggest flaws come through the design engineers themselves. They design a bad product and then GM does not do nearly enough real-world testing to figure out what might happen. I've read many of you reporting your dashboard warps and distorts in both cold and heat. Clearly that's a material flaw, however if GM truly did testing that mimics real life sun or cold exposure that would've easily been caught.

I'm still baffled by the transmission clunks that we get when the thing doesn't know what gear it wants to be in. It happened again this weekend so hard that it literally shook the bed hard enough to feel like it jumped off the road. I could easily have this issue fixed with aftermarket tuning, but GM will void the warranty at any signs of flashing the system by somebody other than a GM dealership. I want the thing to shift harder and crisper on the actual shift points (which is also better for the life of the transmission), but it's very frustrating to have it shutter and clank when it doesn't know what it wants to do. So GM has made a product that is deeply flawed and don't allow those of us in the aftermarket who can fix it to do anything about it.

I continue to grow more and more frustrated with having made the purchase of this new truck, but I'm so upside down in it I'll be suffering from this bad decision for years to come. I will say however when it comes time to purchase another new vehicle for me or anyone in my family, GM will not be on the list. When Motor Trend first announced it was naming RAM as their 2014 Truck of the Year back-to-back from last year, I was a bit miffed because I thought the new GMC/Chevy was worthy of it. Now, I totally understand. I don't like the looks of the RAM but it sure would be nice to have something that doesn't have multiple recalls in the first few months, and doesn't have many "mysterious" issues that even the people at GM cannot figure out why it's happening and therefore they summarize everything as "operating as it should...". What a joke!

GM should have a special disclaimer in the truck owner's manual that says: "All unusual noises, clunks, and vibration sensations you may experience with this vehicle are perfectly NORMAL and no attempt should be made to fix them".

I think what we're finding with these trucks is that quality control in Mexico is poor at best. Not trying to stir up anyone's emotions, but the quality and standards in Mexico pale to the U.S., hence why you can pay for 3 workers at the price of 1 in the U.S. I firmly believe if these trucks were built in the U.S. we would not see nearly as many quality issues with things being "loose" or "rattling", etc. However, the biggest flaws come through the design engineers themselves. They design a bad product and then GM does not do nearly enough real-world testing to figure out what might happen. I've read many of you reporting your dashboard warps and distorts in both cold and heat. Clearly that's a material flaw, however if GM truly did testing that mimics real life sun or cold exposure that would've easily been caught.

I'm still baffled by the transmission clunks that we get when the thing doesn't know what gear it wants to be in. It happened again this weekend so hard that it literally shook the bed hard enough to feel like it jumped off the road. I could easily have this issue fixed with aftermarket tuning, but GM will void the warranty at any signs of flashing the system by somebody other than a GM dealership. I want the thing to shift harder and crisper on the actual shift points (which is also better for the life of the transmission), but it's very frustrating to have it shutter and clank when it doesn't know what it wants to do. So GM has made a product that is deeply flawed and don't allow those of us in the aftermarket who can fix it to do anything about it.

I continue to grow more and more frustrated with having made the purchase of this new truck, but I'm so upside down in it I'll be suffering from this bad decision for years to come. I will say however when it comes time to purchase another new vehicle for me or anyone in my family, GM will not be on the list. When Motor Trend first announced it was naming RAM as their 2014 Truck of the Year back-to-back from last year, I was a bit miffed because I thought the new GMC/Chevy was worthy of it. Now, I totally understand. I don't like the looks of the RAM but it sure would be nice to have something that doesn't have multiple recalls in the first few months, and doesn't have many "mysterious" issues that even the people at GM cannot figure out why it's happening and therefore they summarize everything as "operating as it should...". What a joke!

I own three GM vehicles now. Two are made in Canada, one is made in the US. All have been pretty much trouble free.