2014+ owners having issues with their truck?

My 2014 Silverado now has 3800 miles. From day one the truck squeaks or chirps each time it changes from 4 to 8 cylinders. Wrote Jennifer as requested. Ended up with Jacqueline. She left me a voice mail basically saying the dealer could repeat the issue, but they have no fix. I've called her back twice, and she does not return my calls. The frustrating part is that GM does not know how to fix their factory defect nor do they show much interest in figuring out how to solve the problem. Any recommendations on next steps?

It is most likely the adaptive valve. Some owners have had their OEM exhaust system replced due to this issue. Others have used a hose clamp to force it open to prove it is the culprit. I have also read there is a newer version OEM exhaust that replaces earlier built units, but haven't seen a bulletin on it.

Of course they had dealers that were willing to keep pushing for a fix. Good luck.

Someone was whining about the cupholder being too small. :freak:

Anyway, you can pull the rubber insert out and it's bigger by a good amount, if you just have to have 32oz's of pure cane sugar. :fart:

Maybe we should bitch that there's no microwave available in the center console.

Ohh man, I been looking front to back, top to bottom for that microwave and coffee maker.

Dealer told me I had to find them, that's why I bought the thing. Should I return it?

My 2014 Silverado now has 3800 miles. From day one the truck squeaks or chirps each time it changes from 4 to 8 cylinders. Wrote Jennifer as requested. Ended up with Jacqueline. She left me a voice mail basically saying the dealer could repeat the issue, but they have no fix. I've called her back twice, and she does not return my calls. The frustrating part is that GM does not know how to fix their factory defect nor do they show much interest in figuring out how to solve the problem. Any recommendations on next steps?

it is the adaptive valve in your exhaust system - they now know what causes that issue.

it is the adaptive valve in your exhaust system - they now know what causes that issue.

+1^^^

I just clamped mine open today and the truck doesn't sound like it has a turbo or chirps between v4-v8 modes anymore.

+1^^^

I just clamped mine open today and the truck doesn't sound like it has a turbo or chirps between v4-v8 modes anymore.

Mine doesn't chirp, but wondering what way you rotate it and how you know its open all the way? Wondering if opening it would help out on the black smoke at start up at all.

Mine doesn't chirp, but wondering what way you rotate it and how you know its open all the way? Wondering if opening it would help out on the black smoke at start up at all.

Rotate it counter clockwise

I was reading today's issue of USA Today and came across the latest round of RECALLS from GM: 477 full-size trucks from the 2014 and 2015 model years for a tie-rod defect that can lead to a crash.

Edited by TX14Z71

GM's district manager told the dealership to go ahead and fix the 25+items on the defect list. Fixing these items will mean taking the truck to a body shop and ripping apart the interior. Im pissed. Carfax claims to have 5 reports on this new vehicle. Wondering if I should spend the $40 to find out what it consists of?

GM's district manager told the dealership to go ahead and fix the 25+items on the defect list. Fixing these items will mean taking the truck to a body shop and ripping apart the interior. Im pissed. Carfax claims to have 5 reports on this new vehicle. Wondering if I should spend the $40 to find out what it consists of?

I would have to say that I would not be able to sleep well unless I knew what was in those CarFax reports. It may be recall info that does not show up being checked br a GM dealer or something else.

There may also be some info that may help you in the endevor to have the truck repaired...

As unhappy as you are I would, if it were me, spend the money on the CarFax. Best of luck in you in your quest to correct the defcts.

Edited by No Tyme

I would have to say that I would not be able to sleep well unless I knew what was in those CarFax reports. It may be recall info that does not show up being checked br a GM dealer or something else.

There may also be some info that may help you in the endevor to have the truck repaired...

As unhappy as you are I would, if it were me, spend the money on the CarFax. Best of luck in you in your quest to correct the defcts.

Thanks. I'll probably get the report and post what it says.I'm surprised Jennifer is not trying to help.

just hit 7k in my 2014 issues i had vibration/rubbing sounds in the back at hwy speeds, rear right lower brake light burned out, replaced it myself, just trying to figure out the rubbing sound, and also lowered it last week with belltech kit and guy notices the rubbing sound so he added a shim to transmission mount i believe??

X2 on getting you're own copy. No chance Carfax has recall info that Dealers do not.

• Like 1