Took my truck on a 900 mile round trip last week, got up to 100, the only shimmy i noticed was in the arm rest at about 85, i had an empty cup with ice in the cup holder and you could almost heat it rattling. are you guys experiencing worst? is it in the steering wheel? is the whole truck shaking?

Took my truck on a 900 mile round trip last week, got up to 100, the only shimmy i noticed was in the arm rest at about 85, i had an empty cup with ice in the cup holder and you could almost heat it rattling. are you guys experiencing worst? is it in the steering wheel? is the whole truck shaking?

If that's all you have then obviously you don't have the shake or vibration that the people in this thread are complaining about. You should be happy.

Edit: I am curious due to your questions. Did you read any of this thread before posting?

Edited by 14LTZZ71
  • Like 1

Truck has been to the dealer 3 times for shaking on the highway. 2014 Sierra DC 4x4 V6 AT z71 w/20 in rims. 22,000 miles. First trip dealer rebalanced the good years and sent me on my way. Second trip I was told 2 tires had excessive road force ratings. Truck is over a year old so it was either deal with the tires or replace them at my cost. I opted for 4 new michelins RF balanced. Truck still shakes at highway speeds. Third trip brought truck back to dealer and a field engineer was brought out to road test with vibration analyzers. Was told that it is operating as designed and that any shaking I am feeling is the feel of the road and stiffer suspension package. Although they do acknowledge it does shake. It shakes a lot between 65 and 80. This is b.s. I was told by GM district manager and the dealership to come pick up my truck and now it is back in my possession. I was told they would contact me if a solution for the shaking comes about. With this being said it leads me to believe this is a known issue. Since then I have brought my truck to Sullivan tire to make sure that the dealer did balance my tires correctly and they are indeed balanced.Truck only shakes at highway speeds. It doesn't shake under acceleration or any other speeds with the exception of v4 mode slight vibration. This is my update.

The same speech from the district manager here. The numbers from the road test analyzers always "normal" (they defined what is normal) and stiffer suspension due Z71 and 4WD (BS...). Looks like GM had instructed they people this BS speech and avoid the costs to replace drivelines w/o results.

• Like 1

The same speech from the district manager here. The numbers from the road test analyzers always "normal" (they defined what is normal) and stiffer suspension due Z71 and 4WD (BS...). Looks like GM had instructed they people this BS speech and avoid the costs to replace drivelines w/o results.

Yeah and pretty much puts us in a horrible position because now if we try going to another dealer, GM is going to refuse to troubleshoot our trucks because via the engineer they are "operating as designed". I've never had a worse customer service experience for something that costs this much money.

• Like 1

If that's all you have then obviously you don't have the shake or vibration that the people in this thread are complaining about. You should be happy.

Edit: I am curious due to your questions. Did you read any of this thread before posting?

Yeah I read the thread every day and there is a varying levels, and since its hard to guage on the internet who is over reacting and who has legit issues i was curious if the shaking in my arm rest was the start of something more

Yeah I read the thread every day and there is a varying levels, and since its hard to guage on the internet who is over reacting and who has legit issues i was curious if the shaking in my arm rest was the start of something more

IMHO and besides some trucks with real problems, in general these 2014 trucks are just super sensitive (conceptual problem) to wheels and/or drive shaft out of perfect balance.

When you put the low cost Goodyears and aluminum drive shafts that are produced and balanced "one per minute", with this sensitive truck, the result is this vibration. GM produces about thousand trucks per day, this "border line" design just works in product that are really individually assembled. Like high end products/cars, where they can choose and manage just perfect (within minimal specs) parts.

I have Nittos Terra now and the trucks is much better. Next step should be balance the drive shaft in a specialized shop. Again, IMHO and besides some trucks with real problems..

Ford produces 800 - 1000 so does Dodge, and Toyota a day and their trucks don't shake, last generation GM trucks did not shake like these do!

I am not about to be force fed this bull**** we all paid good hard earned money for these trucks.

Some of us rely on these trucks for or income and spend a lot of time in them too!

So we are entitled to a response from GM, or acknowledgement that they are aware these trucks have issues and that they have not forgotten what their customers are dealing with!

I have found GM refused to do anything for me, until I got legal advise and help addressing my troubled shaking, shuddering, clunking, bad reception, moving seat, rusting frame truck.

How could they claim so many miles testing without knowledge of these problems?

Edited by 2strokesmoke
  • Like 4

Ford produces 800 - 1000 so does Dodge, and Toyota a day and their trucks don't shake, last generation GM trucks did not shake like these do!

I am not about to be force fed this bull**** we all paid good hard earned money for these trucks.

Some of us rely on these trucks for or income and spend a lot of time in them too!

So we are entitled to a response from GM, or acknowledgement that they are aware these trucks have issues and that they have not forgotten what their customers are dealing with!

I have found GM refused to do anything for me, until I got legal advise and help addressing my troubled shaking, shuddering, clunking, bad reception, moving seat, rusting frame truck.

How could they claim so many miles testing without knowledge of these problems?

GM will never openly admit that all these trucks with shakes and vibrations have a design flaw. It would cost them $$$$$$$$$$. They will take the chance that most customers won't complain, or the ones that do will eventually give up when the next model year comes out.

Edited by 14LTZZ71
  • Like 1

Not trying to defend GM for this problem but they could still be collecting data on the issue and figuring it out. They could not even have an answer right now but I agree they should at least come out and say they are working on it. Could be like the LB7 duramax injector problem, it took them over a year to come out with anything on that. Maybe I just have too much faith in GM to do the right thing.

"OPERATING AS DESIGNED" :bs: GM better get a clue.

My response to "operating as designed" is this: The the window sticker should state that this truck vibrates at HWY speeds "as designed" so people can make an educated decision on whether to purchase or not. This whole flipping deal has cost me $15k plus time and a lot of BS that one shouldn't have to do when buying a vehicle.

GM- I would REALLY like to talk to you. I know you are monitoring this post. Reach out to us on a one by one basis. Show us that you care.

• Like 2

My response to "operating as designed" is this: The the window sticker should state that this truck vibrates at HWY speeds "as designed" so people can make an educated decision on whether to purchase or not. This whole flipping deal has cost me $15k plus time and a lot of BS that one shouldn't have to do when buying a vehicle.

GM- I would REALLY like to talk to you. I know you are monitoring this post. Reach out to us on a one by one basis. Show us that you care.

Please do not waste your time waiting on a GM representative. Heres how it works. They will see and respond, congratulate you on your new purchase and apologize for your problem. Ask you to PM them your VIN,set you up an appointment with your service dept, and when you show up to your dealer and explain your problem they will be very nice and give you a very nice rental car or loaner. Diagnosis will probably be something like 'COULD NOT DUPLICATE' , and every time following this you'll get treated like someone who claims they saw Bigfoot. Heck this is just the first series of events. Im already past Bigfoot, Nessie, Little Green Men, the G Spot and other Urban Legends. But good luck. :help:

Scott- Have you read these posts? Have you read mine? I'm on my third truck now. I've been through all of what you said and more.

I'm simply reaching out to GM with a public gesture.

Do I think they will? No. Would I like them to? Yes.

Would it be a good PR move on there part? Yes.

Done with it. I'm happy with my new "old/last model year" truck.

Just stopped by my local tire shop to discuss some options on my new old truck. We talked about the new GM trucks and what I've been through. He said that ALL GM trucks are having this vibration issue. Some people feel it or some don't. Some don't drive above 65 or so which is where my vib started. He states that GM knows there are issues but again, won't publicly admit.

I wonder if the 2015 1500's will shake and vibrate? I've been checking dealer inventory at the GMC dealerships in my area everyday for the past two weeks and finally this morning a 2015 Sierra Denali 1500 is showing as "In Transit." The Denali is out of my price range but hopefully it's a sign that the 2015's are starting to roll out. Has anyone driven a 2015 1500 crew cab yet?