The latest on my truck is they are taking off my Borla exhaust and replacing it with the OEM which won't do anything.... If disabling the AFM only drops my MPG a mile then I would do, 3-4 miles per gallon then I would go get a 3/4 ton of some sort.. Thanks for the feedback guys, I will let you know what happens.

How bad is the vibration on a scale of 1-10. The reason I ask is because since I've owned my 2017 Sierra, I've noticed a low humming sound at slow speeds and at times I can see the passenger seat belt vibrating. So I'm wondering, if it's typical road noise, surface conditions, or am I experiencing the same type of vibration issues others are complaining about?

2017 Sierra Denali Ultimate with 12K miles.

For me the entire passenger seat vibrated an inch at 70+... The pulldown center console would have thrown a bottle of water out of it... It was horrible so I would say 10 out of 10 because I never felt any vibrations on my last ride, 2004 AValanche, in which I had for 10 years... They balanced and rotated my tires and its been 95% better since... I say 95% better because I think I am super sensitive now that I follow this thread... Hope that helps..

Hope that helps..

This is my first post and after seeing the duration and number of pages on this one thread, I'm not hopeful that my issue will ever be resolved.

I bought a 2016 GMC Denali 3500HD Crew DRW 4x4 on 3/31/16 (traded in a 2013 black 3500HD Denali Crew Dually 4x4 that never exhibited any vibration). I've had both steering wheel & wheel/tire vibration problems with this truck since I bought it new from Beck and Masten GMC in Houston, TX.

The first time it was brought in was on 4/19/16 with 579 miles. I've attempted to let the service department resolve this issue 6 separate times where they have used the Pico, and RFB'd the tires each time. No tires or parts have been replaced to date. The truck now has 17,999 miles and it still has the same issues - extreme vibration of entire vehicle at 60+mph and steering wheel vibration/wobble from 35+mph. The truck is back in the shop currently and the service manager left a voicemail on Friday that they had found one bent inside wheel in the rear. I'm frustrated beyond belief.

Without me having to read the 700+ pages in this post, can someone summarize what the causes/fixes have been?

Also, how I can contact the regional GM customer service manager or whoever I need to talk with?

Marty

You really just have to read the last 100 pages. Guys have tried so many different things. Welcome to hell its here to stay

Does that include the unidentifiable Whistle the trucks makes at 60+ and obtrusive road noise too? How about that suicide door seal FERD? Pretty sweet it didn't work for shit with steel I can only imagine nonsense now with AL.......

No whistle here, its quieter than the 15 Silverado and the 17 Sierra Denali I had, and I have full 4 door not the suicide double cab..... Also I don't have to worry about any body rust, can tow and haul more weight and have no other issues. By the way.... GM is allegedly going to AL in the next generation soooo I mean theres that. and after bashing Ford for it mind you.

No whistle here, its quieter than the 15 Silverado and the 17 Sierra Denali I had, and I have full 4 door not the suicide double cab..... Also I don't have to worry about any body rust, can tow and haul more weight and have no other issues. By the way.... GM is allegedly going to AL in the next generation soooo I mean theres that. and after bashing Ford for it mind you.

We know GM is going AL on it's new truck....will not be the bottom pan and sides in the bed. GM patented the welding on dissimilar materials 1/10 the amount of glue/fasteners/rivets as your FERD. Those two statements are fact and soon will become public knowledge. As for your FERD good luck ever since the 70's they had a little more flash on the outside but after a few years and the reality hits. Funny, they keep going back to em I never understood it....

We know GM is going AL on it's new truck....will not be the bottom pan and sides in the bed. GM patented the welding on dissimilar materials 1/10 the amount of glue/fasteners/rivets as your FERD. Those two statements are fact and soon will become public knowledge. As for your FERD good luck ever since the 70's they had a little more flash on the outside but after a few years and the reality hits. Funny, they keep going back to em I never understood it....

WOW congrats, they figured out a new method of welding dissimilar metals, not like the first patent for that was filed in 1911 or anything. hahaha took them long enough. Aluminum has been used for panels on vehicles for a long time... first debuted in 1899 and guess what.... you guessed it, held together with rivets/ fasteners/ and adhesives. I'm sure that it'll be just fine.

By the way.... Air planes... yea those are mostly aluminum and held together with rivets/adhesives/fasteners.

WOW congrats, they figured out a new method of welding dissimilar metals, not like the first patent for that was filed in 1911 or anything. hahaha took them long enough. Aluminum has been used for panels on vehicles for a long time... first debuted in 1899 and guess what.... you guessed it, held together with rivets/ fasteners/ and adhesives. I'm sure that it'll be just fine.

By the way.... Air planes... yea those are mostly aluminum and held together with rivets/adhesives/fasteners.

Wow, congrats to you! Ford spent 1 billion on retooling for AL......Gm will spend 1/3 of that because well it's in the "Voltage" and caps/tips for welding. Way to overthink once again FERD. And overthink the powertrains again,again, and again....lets see here? 2017-18 Once again new Powertrains from FERD for the F-150? Really, this shit been going on since the 70's with FERD.

Please refer to The Fast Lane truck for your GOLD Hitch Award bud, on your beloved 3rd place F-250 6.7 2017!

Something every GM owner has long known: Well, I don't have the massaging feet thing like FERD but I have undeniable more power, better MPG's from my Trusty Chevy....Bro, it's always been that way yet, you people still buy em? Can't help ya!

Edited by mookdoc6

Ford paid me $7500 to get out of my 2013 Mustang. $3000 of that went to the lawyer and the rest went to a down payment on a Chevy! Fords are junk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't usually trust TruckTrend but this video seems legit:

http://www.trucktrend.com/future-trucks/1706-confirmed-2019-chevrolet-silverado-1500-to-retain-steel-bed-video/

This is my first post and after seeing the duration and number of pages on this one thread, I'm not hopeful that my issue will ever be resolved.

I bought a 2016 GMC Denali 3500HD Crew DRW 4x4 on 3/31/16 (traded in a 2013 black 3500HD Denali Crew Dually 4x4 that never exhibited any vibration). I've had both steering wheel & wheel/tire vibration problems with this truck since I bought it new from Beck and Masten GMC in Houston, TX.

The first time it was brought in was on 4/19/16 with 579 miles. I've attempted to let the service department resolve this issue 6 separate times where they have used the Pico, and RFB'd the tires each time. No tires or parts have been replaced to date. The truck now has 17,999 miles and it still has the same issues - extreme vibration of entire vehicle at 60+mph and steering wheel vibration/wobble from 35+mph. The truck is back in the shop currently and the service manager left a voicemail on Friday that they had found one bent inside wheel in the rear. I'm frustrated beyond belief.

Without me having to read the 700+ pages in this post, can someone summarize what the causes/fixes have been?

Also, how I can contact the regional GM customer service manager or whoever I need to talk with?

Marty

You have an HD truck which has absolutely nothing in common with the half tons. I suggest you post in the 2500/3500 section so as to not confuse your problem with this 1000 page thread. Edited by Nathan79

How bad is the vibration/shake in your trucks and what are they doing? Mine went in today for the third time and wonder if I am trying to fix something that isn't that bad considering the new frames and body mounts on these trucks.

Lets get the thread back on topic..

Purchased a new 15 Silverado CC two years ago. Noticed in the first few drives that there was a vibration on back roads at ~38-43 mph. Nothing bad, just an underlying hop/wobble, like an unbalanced wheel. Called dealer and was told... flat spots on tires. Searched online for vibrations in Chevy truck and found this forum. Been following ever since. Noted the issues others were having at higher speeds. Mine did not do that...at first.

Drove this truck for two years. Out on the highway one day with wife/kids and console started shaking at 77-80 mph. For the record, my truck drove good until the 28k mile mark. Towed my boat the following weekend and was sure to get it up to 80 mph to see if loading down the bed/pinion angle had any effect. It did, but not enough to get rid of the shakes. Subsequent trips on the highway yielded inconsistent results, some days good, some days not so good. Never really bad enough for me to consider bringing it to a dealer for service, especially since I've been reading this thread all along and no one has the magic bullet. Didn't want to do the dance.. was worried they would make it worse. One afternoon, driving home at 40 mph, it literally was vibrating on a freshly paved road. It was all I could think about and drove me nuts. It was time to move on..

Purchased a Ford F150 CC. Love it. I did not realize how bad the Chevy had gotten until I drove the F150. Driving the same roads is like night and day. Took a bit of a wash on the Chevy but its worth every penny. I truly enjoy driving again. I believe that the engineers at GM know what the issue is but it must be an expensive fix or something that would affect the safety ratings/qualifications for this platform. After living through this, I firmly believe that this is a resonance in the truck that is not being damped properly. Rotating parts/ road variations just excite the system and the result is oscillations. If they had a quick fix, the 16's and 17's would have been fixed and some very pointed TSBs would have been issued for the 14's/15's. All I hear is crickets from GM. And all you pissed off customers.

Other observations:

- I also had the V4 to V8 shudder, that is another problem entirely and can be "fixed" by driving in M5.

- Had the V4 to V8 squeak.. that can also be fixed by the M5 to keep it in V8.

- My drivers side seat would shift on me every now and again.. like the frame was broken.

- The 5.0L V8 is much better than the 5.3L V4/V8, in my opinion. More HP, better acceleration and more responsive.

- Ford 6-speed shifts smoother and drives nicer, especially when decelerating (to about 15-20 mph) and then accelerating back to 40mph, like in normal everyday traffic. The Chevy had a lag that drove me crazy. Had the same lag when going up a hill and needing to gas it. Unresponsive throttle. If you mash the gas pedal down, there is a very hard downshift

- Speaking of, had random hard downshifts on the Chevy if I didn't brake on deceleration, like when coasting.

- Ford has much better handling on corners, the steering is a bit more aggressive

- Both had paint scratches and dings within the first week. I'd rather an aluminum body that scratches easily than a $50k massage.

- Who is Chevy kidding with these commercials?! Who the f__k would dump pavers into the bed of a truck from a forklift? Or lift your toolbox up OVER the side of the bed? Usually, toolboxes have heavy things inside, like tools! My balls would be rolling down my pant leg if I tried to lift my toolbox up and over..

- Never been a Ford or Chevy guy, but after this, can't see myself buying GM again.

Sorry to bag out of this one, I know it would only help the others with issues if I did log the problems (strength in numbers).. but I don't feel like it would get me anywhere. I'm part of the silent majority... I'm guessing others will eventually develop issues with their trucks. Time will tell. I used to think I was one of the lucky ones that didn't have it.. but here I am. The fix for me was to go back to Ford and I'm happy I did. GM can choke on a bag of muddy you know whats! I never logged a problem, signed anything.. and am free to talk about this. If you have a choice and are looking at new used, I would not recommend Chevy/GMC.

Good luck to those with the vibration problems. I really hope GM figures it out for your sake. Its a nice truck otherwise. It was a shame to dump out so soon on a newer truck but it was the right call. Go get a Ford, Dodge or Toyota. Pick your poison wisely! They all have issues.. its just the lesser of four uglies..

• Like 2