Thank you for the extra advise. I am still at the beginning stages and have a couple of weeks to complete my claim. My wife keeps telling me not to pay anyone to try to fix it since I only have 15,000kms on the truck and it's only 1 yr old. All I know is that I will never buy a GM product again after this and the way GM treats it's customers.

Act now! Mileage will hurt above 20k

Best of luck.

My 2016 Denali 6.2L/8sp started the AFM shake (rumble strips) at 30k miles... it's now at the dealer for the 2nd time, they couldn't get it to repeat the condition the first time. The service manager right away said torque converter, then they changed their tune and are blaming the GM Performace center designed Borla exhaust... Borla is awesome, they are sending a new exhaust to prove it's not their product.

The dealer says there's a problem and my truck is throwing several codes, but aren't sure what the issue is... I guess the exhaust is them trying to eliminate a cause. Anyone know how this is going to play out? Am I pretty much screwed, and stuck with the shake monster?

P.S. Deactivating the the AFM is not an option, I need the fuel efficiency since I drive 50 miles to work..

My 2016 Denali 6.2L/8sp started the AFM shake (rumble strips) at 30k miles... it's now at the dealer for the 2nd time, they couldn't get it to repeat the condition the first time. The service manager right away said torque converter, then they changed their tune and are blaming the GM Performace center designed Borla exhaust... Borla is awesome, they are sending a new exhaust to prove it's not their product.

The dealer says there's a problem and my truck is throwing several codes, but aren't sure what the issue is... I guess the exhaust is them trying to eliminate a cause. Anyone know how this is going to play out? Am I pretty much screwed, and stuck with the shake monster?

P.S. Deactivating the the AFM is not an option, I need the fuel efficiency since I drive 50 miles to work..

You need fuel efficiency? That's why you got a full size truck with a 6.2 liter engine? Don't make me laugh. Here is a fuel efficient vehicle for you: 2017 Ford Focus SE, 1.0 liter 3 cylinder turbo, 6 speed manual transmission. They are selling them brand new here in Florida for $12,700 (sticker is about $19,000).

• Like 3

You need fuel efficiency? That's why you got a full size truck with a 6.2 liter engine? Don't make me laugh. Here is a fuel efficient vehicle for you: 2017 Ford Focus SE, 1.0 liter 3 cylinder turbo, 6 speed manual transmission. They are selling them brand new here in Florida for $12,700 (sticker is about $19,000).

You're a helpful one aren't you? I get 20-23 mpg with this truck and maintaining what I get is important to me. I pull a 19' Ranger, and a 21' Yetti fish house so I need the truck.. Can you tell me the effect disabling the AFM has on MPG's? That would be more useful than your above post.

Edited by Jetfire6

So, since the Magnuson law ( i dont know spelling​ off hand) where aftermarket parts dont void warranty, they have loopholed and basically refuse to work on the trucks while an aftermarket part is on it. So, youll have to put the stock parts back on. Happened​ to may others in this post. Lift kits, leveling kits, rims, ECT ECT. Ect. As for mpg, i remember reading around 13 mpg unloaded. Ive never done it myself personally. GL.

Edited by taps929

This is my first post and after seeing the duration and number of pages on this one thread, I'm not hopeful that my issue will ever be resolved.

I bought a 2016 GMC Denali 3500HD Crew DRW 4x4 on 3/31/16 (traded in a 2013 black 3500HD Denali Crew Dually 4x4 that never exhibited any vibration). I've had both steering wheel & wheel/tire vibration problems with this truck since I bought it new from Beck and Masten GMC in Houston, TX.

The first time it was brought in was on 4/19/16 with 579 miles. I've attempted to let the service department resolve this issue 6 separate times where they have used the Pico, and RFB'd the tires each time. No tires or parts have been replaced to date. The truck now has 17,999 miles and it still has the same issues - extreme vibration of entire vehicle at 60+mph and steering wheel vibration/wobble from 35+mph. The truck is back in the shop currently and the service manager left a voicemail on Friday that they had found one bent inside wheel in the rear. I'm frustrated beyond belief.

Without me having to read the 700+ pages in this post, can someone summarize what the causes/fixes have been?

Also, how I can contact the regional GM customer service manager or whoever I need to talk with?

Marty

I think you'll find that the AFM system doesn't improve mileage much, if any at all. On my '14 I noticed zero difference when deactivating it. Each truck is different, but based on experience from members of this forum, even if it does affect mileage it will be by 1 mpg or less.

Edited by Newell33

when I had my 15 Silverado i saw about a 4-5 MPG loss when deactivating the AFM system when towing it lost anywhere from 4-6 MPG. Now My ecoboost can pull a trailer with equipment and only lose about 1 MPG hahaha and I have no AFM to deal with and no shake :)

How bad is the vibration on a scale of 1-10. The reason I ask is because since I've owned my 2017 Sierra, I've noticed a low humming sound at slow speeds and at times I can see the passenger seat belt vibrating. So I'm wondering, if it's typical road noise, surface conditions, or am I experiencing the same type of vibration issues others are complaining about?

2017 Sierra Denali Ultimate with 12K miles.

when I had my 15 Silverado i saw about a 4-5 MPG loss when deactivating the AFM system when towing it lost anywhere from 4-6 MPG. Now My ecoboost can pull a trailer with equipment and only lose about 1 MPG hahaha and I have no AFM to deal with and no shake :)

those fords are sweet,they ride smooth as silk. i know ill get some slack for complimenting a ferd on here ha but im just honest!

• Like 1

those fords are sweet,they ride smooth as silk. i know ill get some slack for complimenting a ferd on here ha but im just honest!

Does that include the unidentifiable Whistle the trucks makes at 60+ and obtrusive road noise too? How about that suicide door seal FERD? Pretty sweet it didn't work for shit with steel I can only imagine nonsense now with AL.......

Does that include the unidentifiable Whistle the trucks makes at 60+ and obtrusive road noise too? How about that suicide door seal FERD? Pretty sweet it didn't work for shit with steel I can only imagine nonsense now with AL.......

lmao ive riden in several new fords on long road trips and none of the things u mentioned above occurred.

• Like 1

lmao ive riden in several new fords on long road trips and none of the things u mentioned above occurred.

Nope, I know they all don't just give em awhile! Absolute garbage on the suicide door! I just looked at a FERD 250 with it and the lineup mismatch on those doors was insane! So glad my work dumped FERD Years ago...Couldn't imagine how much trouble the EB's would have given us. Dude, I work with loves the ride on his except for the whistle?

Edited by mookdoc6