Driving the new HDs next week. Requests?

Let us know how the ride is unloaded and loaded on non-perfect pavement. I drove a new 14' HD2500 last weekend for a couple of days and it was smoother than my 14' z-71 crew cab Silverado. Coming from a Ram 1500 that had the coil spring rear suspension, I expected the 1500 Silverado to ride harsher than my Ram, but not worse than a 2500! I really should have gotten a 2500 series since I've gotten a large tractor and implements and a livestock trailer than I tow from time to time. The ratings of the 1500 covered my load capacity, but the 5.3 is definitely taxed whereas the diesel wouldn't be at all. Thanks

Did you get the Max tow (and therefore the 3.73's) on your 1500?

No, it doesn't have the Max Tow Pkg, but it still rides a lot harsher than the 14' 2500 that I drove last weekend for a couple days. I think GM just went too far on stiffening up the 1500's to get that higher tow rating to compete with Ford, but in essence there never going to be a true HD like these are to begin with. I've lurked over on the 14' Silverado board and made a fair amount of posts and most of those folks have no idea what a real truck like these Duramax equipped HD's can and will do if asked and have no clue how much better these trucks ride due to their massive curb weight and longer wheelbases. I'm sorry to say that if you really need a truck to use for payload or towing, then you need a 2500 to begin with. For that matter the ridiculously high prices that the 1500's are demanding now is absolutely insane when you can get a diesel powered work horse for nearly the same price. I admit that I feel like I screwed now by my salesman after going in and being pushed toward the 1500 although knowing I may need more truck. That nice new interior of the 14's and the new leather smell took over and the rest is just too bad and so sad. It's gonna cost me a small fortune to fix this mistake, but I am ready as soon as I can get into the REAL truck that I should have bought to begin with. Thanks

No, it doesn't have the Max Tow Pkg, but it still rides a lot harsher than the 14' 2500 that I drove last weekend for a couple days. I think GM just went too far on stiffening up the 1500's to get that higher tow rating to compete with Ford, but in essence there never going to be a true HD like these are to begin with. I've lurked over on the 14' Silverado board and made a fair amount of posts and most of those folks have no idea what a real truck like these Duramax equipped HD's can and will do if asked and have no clue how much better these trucks ride due to their massive curb weight and longer wheelbases. I'm sorry to say that if you really need a truck to use for payload or towing, then you need a 2500 to begin with. For that matter the ridiculously high prices that the 1500's are demanding now is absolutely insane when you can get a diesel powered work horse for nearly the same price. I admit that I feel like I screwed now by my salesman after going in and being pushed toward the 1500 although knowing I may need more truck. That nice new interior of the 14's and the new leather smell took over and the rest is just too bad and so sad. It's gonna cost me a small fortune to fix this mistake, but I am ready as soon as I can get into the REAL truck that I should have bought to begin with. Thanks

I agree.. I would never shell out the cash for a loaded 1500 when I can get a diesel for the same or a little more. IMO

Zane,

Hopefully GM will have a GMT900 2500 to compare drive ability and cabin noise to the 2015's I would think they will drive alike since they are same frame and power train but cabin will be a lot quieter and new sheet metal of course

Can you ask the GM Reps if there will be a significant price difference between the SLE GMC 6.6 Duramax and

the Chevrolet LT 6.6 Duramax?

Thanks,

Joe

Archived